WeegieBowl 26th/27th September 2015, Glasgow Scotland

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: WeegieBowl 26th/27th September 2015, Glasgow Scotland

Post by Loki »

So did you actually change venues between the Saturday and the Sunday then? :o

Reason: ''
Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Great work Mike! Really like the swag you gave out and the trophies were excellent.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Loki wrote:So did you actually change venues between the Saturday and the Sunday then? :o
Yes Michael changed venues as the Euro Hostel manager felt "threatened" :roll: by one of the Blood Bowl coaches and barred them from the Hostel.

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Yeah, I saw some of the FB post's over the weekend, didn't realise you all had to go somewhere else; I assumed they had let everyone back in after the fracas. Where did you end up for Sunday?

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

We went over the road to the Jury's hotel after trying a few places, all of which offered their best help. Jury's was able to let us in from 9am.

Everyone else could have stayed, Ruth included after the police questioned what she had done other than cry that was so unacceptable. I could not have and I was to go home and not fcuk with anyone else's weekend.
No one wanted to though, and my thanks go to everyone for looking after Ruth and supporting me after I had the nerve to ask for a refund on a dirty room we weren't staying in.

To anyone who doesn't know me, I didn't shout, I wasn't threatening, but I was accused of both and before I knew what was happening the police were being called. Nor did I refuse to leave, but I most certainly refused to let the venue confiscate my stuff, which they did try to do telling me that if I didn't leave it for them to dispose of I'd be spending the night in cells.

As I've said elsewhere, huge thanks to Michael for all his hard work and to everyone else for being so decent, and to everyone else we met in Glasgow, the police included, who went above and beyond to make up for the actions of one person.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Post removed.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Never shouted, lmfao

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

WeegieBowl result have been uploaded to the NAF site. Round five results have been duplicated but Ant is aware of it and trying to resolve.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Round five result have been corrected and the NAF site is up to date.

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Vanguard wrote:Round five result have been corrected and the NAF site is up to date.
Hurrah! My ranking with Dark Elves has gone over 200 (and Gavin's ranking with High Elves has dropped below 200 :lol: ). Sweet!

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

With WeegieBowl safely wrapped up, I now have a some spare Gift Boxes available for sale.
The packs consist of:
  • A custom painted dice tin with the WBBL logo
  • Limited edition custom 'Welly' miniature by Pedro Ramos
  • Set of three double sided, quick reference play cards
The tins were created with stencils and spray paint, so are all slightly unique and have a typically rough/graffiti like finish. They have been sealed with a layer of lacquer so the design will be durable. The picture below shows a sample of the remaining packs to give an idea of the variations.

Image Image Image

If you would like one, they are £15 each including P&P to the UK. I believe Europe will be an additional £1 while USA/Australia will be £1.50 but will confirm prior to posting. Payment can be made via PayPal to WeegieBowl@wbbl.co.uk using the 'Gift' option if possible. Please PM with an email and postal address to confirm the order.

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

I don't need a spare set but would like to say this has been the best set of gifts of any tournament I have ever attended. The miniature is awesome and will be painted / added to my Goblin team. In addition to the above set we also received a couple of Sally 4th ball tokens. Not to mention the prize support where I got a fantastic personalised "runner up" plaque and a really useful KR figure case. Not sure what the winner got?

In summary: awesome tournament and fantastic gifts / prizes, superbly done Michael, even more impressive when you realise this was the first WeegieBowl and as far as I am aware, Michael's first time as tournament organiser.

AllyRdr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AllyRdr »

Garrick wrote: In summary: awesome tournament and fantastic gifts / prizes, superbly done Michael, even more impressive when you realise this was the first WeegieBowl and as far as I am aware, Michael's first time as tournament organiser.
Definitely agree

@AllyRdr - for occasional inane rubbish