Gert Bowl VI - 23/24 July 2016 - Attack of the Bear Back!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Gert Bowl VI - 23/24 July 2016 - Attack of the Bear Back

Post by frogboy »

DaPiranha beat Hawca though and they was on same record?

Oh wait, that would be starting that again. Doh!

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I found that comparison interesting; in several places there is a fairly direct swap between teams on the same W/D/L points, e.g. wilzif/besters, Gorgoroth/Glowworm, Camsbell1514/landrover, WWE2015/ZerosGiven, which seems to support if your SoS is harder your bonus points will be lower. I know that would seem to be stating the obvious but I find it interesting to see in 'black and white'

Ironically, or not, the one place this categorically is not true is 1st and 2nd, Hawca had both the harder SoS and also scored more bonus points.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Boneless »

Loki wrote: Ironically, or not, the one place this categorically is not true is 1st and 2nd, Hawca had both the harder SoS and also scored more bonus points.

I will take that lol and I didn't need a raffle either ;-)

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
Gorgoroth
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gorgoroth »

Thanks for hosting such a great tournie and thanks to all my opponents especially those on the second day who were very sympathetic to my God awful dice :)

Cam and I had another enjoyable time

Thanks once again !

besters

Post by besters »

Loki wrote:I found that comparison interesting; in several places there is a fairly direct swap between teams on the same W/D/L points, e.g. wilzif/besters, Gorgoroth/Glowworm, Camsbell1514/landrover, WWE2015/ZerosGiven, which seems to support if your SoS is harder your bonus points will be lower. I know that would seem to be stating the obvious but I find it interesting to see in 'black and white'

Ironically, or not, the one place this categorically is not true is 1st and 2nd, Hawca had both the harder SoS and also scored more bonus points.
i was very surprised to finish third, or even fourth, and would happily concede Wilf deserved to be placed higher.

Good, well organised tournament, enjoyed the second day comebacķ. Good fun away from the game.

Thanks to all my opponents, particularly for putting up with grumpy me, excepting Landrover, who was even grumpier.

Besters

Merrick
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Merrick »

lunchmoney wrote:
DaPiranha wrote:Congratulations to Hawca! (insert grumble about bonus points here, but to be honest I never thought I'd get that far and don't really care that much)
Hmm... bonus points...
Here's the table with no bonuses, using 2/1/0 and SoS, side by side with the original, full bonus table.
A few differences, but Hawca still wins.
Can we use this table instead? :D

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Gorgoroth wrote:Thanks for hosting such a great tournie and thanks to all my opponents especially those on the second day who were very sympathetic to my God awful dice :)
!
Speaking of which I have an orange block dice that Cam kindly allowed me to borrow (as mine didn't work on Zons!!) so if your at Thrud I'll bring it along.

I also "aquired" a dug out which some put / left in my bag (Maverick perhaps??) if anyone is missing one?