Thrudball 2016 dates 13-14 August 2016 Bognor Regis

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Re: Thrudball 2016 dates 13-14 August 2016 Bognor Regis

Post by Giraffe »

Ok, I've not handed Thrudball over properly yet chaps, my fault, work is HELL, and I've not seen the Thrud Committee guys together this year. I've still not sorted out the finances for last year...or even chased people...

I've got no choice but to get my arse in gear and sort this out now, been putting it off too long.
I promise "by the sacred Jockstrap of Robert E. Howard" my bit will be handed over by end April 2016 latest.
Hopefully my work is allegedly slowing down this month, but we've also got our BRGA Open Day 30/4 to organise...

Then the three BRGANs replacing me will take over. They have been doing things in the background, honest...
There is a Meeting tomorrow (sorry, tonight now) where I'll start handing stuff over.

But I'm guessing first you'll need:
1) The 2016 Rulespack
2) The First Post on this Thread to detail Who / What /When / Where / Why plus a list of Reserved Places
3) Some small web presence (I've not been able to update the old site or find time to create a new one). For now This TFF post is about it... again sorry, but this isn't my show this year, Richard AKA Tweety doesn't web nearly as much as I do...yet... :wink:
4) stuff I'm not listing (deliberately, so you can clue the new guys in, when I forget).

Note I'm still confident they will be able to provide a Thrudball as good if not better than any previous Thrud.
They just aren't as OCD on the details as I am, plus there's THREE of them...

Finally, in an effort to ensure I'm NOT treading on the new guys toes this year, I will NOT be Thrudding this year.
But I will still be donating to the Auction, which in particular I ask you to help the new guys with please.

I will do my utmost to make the Friday Night Camp Fire Entertainment Booze Up BBQ Spectacular...
Plus will try to pop in if wifaloos lets me... but no promises, after 10 years I'm primarily doing family stuff that weekend.
They've earnt it, putting up with me for the last decade...

Reason: ''
Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

oh, and @ MAD975, Matteo It would be FANTASTIC to see the Italian Champion defend his Thrud Title, but yes it is the same weekend as Manc Mayhem.
There are 260 miles between sites, so I'd suggest look at where it's cheapest to fly to, and then pick one venue.

Valen has been talking to JimmyJazz about doing a Tandem Auction* at both events seeing as we're sharing the weekend. So please, if you can't donate to Thrudballs Soft Yet Handsome Southern Auction, please donate to Manchester Mayhems Tough and Rugged Northern Auction.

Valen is I THINK donating at least the same 90% of his Auction proceeds to one National and one Local Charity. BRGA support the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation and the Sussex Snowdrop Trust, the remaining 10% BRGA put into running the club, Maintaining our hobby equipment, etc.

[*I was personally kind of hoping Valen would want to go the whole hog and poach the whole Thrudball DNA, the awards, trophies, thrudlike contest, wandering thrud, dockbowl, the lot - almost making a Thrudball North and (versus? :wink: ) Thrudball South.

But I think he and Wayne are wise enough to take baby steps, and see if it grows in time. Plus Manchester Mayhem has it's own rulespack and traditions / DNA, his crowd might not want to be Thrudballed anyway... but if he ever does, I might defect (I'm 50% Northerner anyway)]

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Yay! Monkeytrumpet has bugged me already asking whether we're coming back this year. I'm hoping that we are and that we'll be there the whole weekend this time around :)

Can you fix the weather to be as sunny as 2015 again though please? Although, if I'm fine with the torrential rain of 2014 again, as long as Hawk provides the same comic relief for the weekend as he did so admirably on the Friday night before the 2014 tournament :P

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

mawph wrote:Yay! Monkeytrumpet has bugged me already
I was wondering what you called the new baby :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
MaD975
Experienced
Experienced

Post by MaD975 »

Hi Thrudballers!!!!

Not always the wishes became real...
But i'll try to make it real!!!

At the moment in my life many things boling in the pot and i've got a clear idea of whaat will come since early of july...
Unfortunately for my friend Valen... My first insterest goes to the Thrudball!!!
I'll write to him about that...

Soo... Not sure... But i'll try

Anyway....
I'm on work for a special ....... For the auction for Thrudball and all the others tourneys of my past year world tour.
A little omage that i would like to offer for greeting all the peoples involved on Thrudball organizzation.

Stay tuned for more news

Cheers

ROCK'N'ROLL-A-BLOCK
MaD

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Thank you Matteo!

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Giraffe wrote:oh, and @ MAD975, Matteo It would be FANTASTIC to see the Italian Champion defend his Thrud Title, but yes it is the same weekend as Manc Mayhem.
There are 260 miles between sites, so I'd suggest look at where it's cheapest to fly to, and then pick one venue.

Valen has been talking to JimmyJazz about doing a Tandem Auction* at both events seeing as we're sharing the weekend. So please, if you can't donate to Thrudballs Soft Yet Handsome Southern Auction, please donate to Manchester Mayhems Tough and Rugged Northern Auction.

Valen is I THINK donating at least the same 90% of his Auction proceeds to one National and one Local Charity. BRGA support the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation and the Sussex Snowdrop Trust, the remaining 10% BRGA put into running the club, Maintaining our hobby equipment, etc.

[*I was personally kind of hoping Valen would want to go the whole hog and poach the whole Thrudball DNA, the awards, trophies, thrudlike contest, wandering thrud, dockbowl, the lot - almost making a Thrudball North and (versus? :wink: ) Thrudball South.

But I think he and Wayne are wise enough to take baby steps, and see if it grows in time. Plus Manchester Mayhem has it's own rulespack and traditions / DNA, his crowd might not want to be Thrudballed anyway... but if he ever does, I might defect (I'm 50% Northerner anyway)]
I will be donating 100% of the profits form the Mayhem to the charity (I do not have a club to run it is just me :) ). As for the awards and prizes I will take a look and potnetially include some this year and look to integrate more as the years go on :).

Mad, I understand your loyalties are torn so I have no problem you attending the great event that is Thrud, we are all raising money for the same cause, mine is just to ensure us Northerners can donate and enjoy the Thrudtastic Mayhem without having to drink shandy ;)

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

My brother in law has the centre of his chest waxed and screams like a girl, so Shaniepoo says
"Shandy drinkin' Suvvern Softy - I'll show you how a tough lancastrian takes his waxing."
Shane then has the centre of his chest waxed and does the IDENTICAL scream!

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Hahahaha

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
TweetyRawdon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TweetyRawdon »

Hi all.

Right stuff has been sorted.

So to sign up for Thrudball 2016 please go to the following site

Thrudball.com

Ticket cost is £35 for NAF members and £41 for non NAF members(this includes NAF fee).

That site again for tickets is Thrudball.com

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Good stuff. Still a couple of WIP bits on the website! Do pop in here occasionally too to boost interest, it's a fun tournament!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Thrudball 2016 Rulespack can be downloaded here.
https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/CFJTk

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

the link above is only a temporary one.
I need to get Tweety to talk to Lunchmoney or someone who can talk him through how to get the PDF added to the First Post.
tomoz, sleeps now... ZZZzzzz

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Giraffe wrote:the link above is only a temporary one.
I need to get Tweety to talk to Lunchmoney or someone who can talk him through how to get the PDF added to the First Post.
tomoz, sleeps now... ZZZzzzz
email sent :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95