Thrudball 2016 dates 13-14 August 2016 Bognor Regis

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: Thrudball 2016 dates 13-14 August 2016 Bognor Regis

Post by Loki »

Given that I am probably as much if not more than anyone to blame for at least a couple of those problems listed hopefully me chipping in isn't too inflammatory.

This year was my first Thrudball so I can't comment on how previous year were done or went down but I basically agree with Heff, I don't actually remember the drinking round. However, I'm not sure a wholesale ban is required.

I have seen a most Thrudlike comp done before and that was in Bugmans bar at a NAFC before it moved. I think that was really well done and could be used as a model for controlled hilarity.

Reason: ''
Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
TweetyRawdon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TweetyRawdon »

We can move it to much earlyed in the evening.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

It was very loud! But I should have learned to move my tent further from the BBQ area :)

One for next year, if Thor is doing his caravan thing again could we move the social area down that end too?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Lutececup
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lutececup »

Thank you all for this event ! This was my first time here with the other frenchies and I really enjoyed it ! The Kubb was great, the auctions too, my opponents also. I'll make sure to come back next year !

But please... PLEASE... No Belly !! You can't do anything against him ! My last game against Sann he killed 4 players on one activation.

PS : just checked the NAF results, there's a mistake : my second result was a draw against Mawph (1-1), not a loss.

Budmilka

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

sann0638 wrote:It was very loud! But I should have learned to move my tent further from the BBQ area :)

One for next year, if Thor is doing his caravan thing again could we move the social area down that end too?
Probably not as its much closer to many more houses that border the venue, where its held now is "less" residential.

@Loki: Its mostly like this every year, I agree with Heff, the most Thrudlike has previously been held on the Saturday evening in the bar, a much more controlled environment, that worked well and much hilarity ensued!!

Just my thoughts, thanks to the organisers for another enjoyable Thrud weekend!

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Thrud answer: Just learn to handle your booze better!

Proper answer: I can see the thoughts behind it. It did get a bit messy. Perhaps doing it inside could work, if we were allowed, and provided we didn't make any mess...

Also, if we stop Thrudliking, does that mean I'm Thrud Ever After?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Lutececup wrote: PS : just checked the NAF results, there's a mistake : my second result was a draw against Mawph (1-1), not a loss.

Budmilka
This has been raised and hopefully will be fixed.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

#ThrudEverAfter

A Saturday Thrudlike would be better for those of us who can't make it on the Friday.

canteloup
Veteran
Veteran

Post by canteloup »

Hi guys, just wondering if these guys were in the auction. (Obviously with the rest of the team).

I've spoken two people now that don't remember seeing them. Cornish assured me they would get there in time and I want to know if actually made it into the auction. If they did I would love how much they went for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

canteloup wrote:Hi guys, just wondering if these guys were in the auction. (Obviously with the rest of the team).

I've spoken two people now that don't remember seeing them. Cornish assured me they would get there in time and I want to know if actually made it into the auction. If they did I would love how much they went for.
There was a painted greebo necro team in the auction (won by my mate) but I can't recall what colour they were painted. I'll check in with him and let you know.

Edit: That is the team he won. Twas one of the first few items to be sold.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!