Blood bowl on the ETC

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

severian
Rookie
Rookie

Blood bowl on the ETC

Post by severian »

Hi there,

I believe that most of You know existence of the ETC as biggest miniature gaming event in the world. It is a team event with teams coming from all over the world and playing warhammer (moving to 9th age this year), warhammer 40K and FOW. From this year we are including Kings of War and X-Wing. We have plans to include BB to the circus so I am writing here to see if there is any interest for this event. This event is happening every year in different country and is organised by the players for the players.

Here is a link to the web page with some information about the about the tournament:
http://www.etc-events.eu/about-etc/

A video so that you can see what it was like:
https://vimeo.com/73820367

This is forum where most of us meet, you can post your question here or there:
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=60

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Apologies, I'm not familiar with this event, so for those in the same boat:

3-7 August 2016
€50 ticket?
Athens, Greece (seems to move based on bids?)
Assume the tournament would be team based, given the name....?
Cant see any data on number of people that generally attend, or where within Athens it'll be (didn't look long)

Thread forwarded to Gaixo.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Blood bowl on the ETC

Post by Gaixo »

Hi, Vladimir. I seem to remember there was some consideration of this in 2014 as well, but it didn't come together. Hopefully with so much advance notice this time, there will be a better chance to build interest. If it is to be a team event, it could probably be positioned as a EuroBowl warm-up.

I'd like to hear more details as you put them together. You should have my email (and we're friends on Facebook), so I hope you'll keep me updated.

severian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by severian »

3-7 th august in Athens. It is a team event and it will happen if the teams show some interest in participating. Currently at the same time we have team tournaments in 9th age, WH 40, Flames of war, Kings of War and X-Wing. We expect about thousand participants in all these games. In 2016th it will be hosted by Greece in Athens and host for 2017. will be voted during December this year.
Since this event is by the players for the players, I would like to have some interested team captains and then we can vote on any specifics. It is common for the ETC to have singles on first two days and team championship on the last three days. This gives players chance even to compete in different games on singles and team event.
As for the price, it is currently about 50 euros but I believe that it will go down if we manage to include more people and few new games .

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me....

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Why not.
As it would be the first bloodbowl tourney at the ETC, if i were you, i would just organize an open tourney, open to everyone (and not only to selection)
If you don't have enough application to do this event as team event, just organized a regular tourney (single players)
It would offer to ETC some visibility on the bloodbowl community.

Keep in mind there is 35 coachs from greece registered at the naf.
Don't know, if all of them are still activ / located in Greece, but, if i were you i would contact them, to see if they would participate / help.

Keep in mind as well, it's quite easy to organize a Bloodbowl tourney (compare to most other games present at the ETC), because no referee are need, duration of games is very stable, and coachs are able to self manage (no need to check team-roster, the 1st opponent of each coach could do it, in 30secondes for you)...
You just need one guy (in theory) running the ranking program, and following the schedule a bit (just in case). and this man could participate as well. (ok, this statement is true for tourney with less than 40 players, and if this guy is a fast player :) )

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

severian wrote:Hi there,

I believe that most of You know existence of the ETC as biggest miniature gaming event in the world.
Just checked the site for the numbers at the 2015 event, about 300 players across three systems. Pretty impressive. (I am happy to be corrected on those numbers, it was very quick count whilst dodging managers at work).
But the WC3 just had 912 players with just one system, not three. So not the biggest miniatire gaming event in the world.
Not taking anything away from the organisers, all TO's of any system get my respect (as a fellow TO I am aware of the task of organising tournaments of any scale), but if something is going to be claimed it needs to be backed up. Just thought I'd throw that in there ;)

I know a few chaps who are going to playing FoW in 2016, so I'll be following them, but I wont be going, personally.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Hmmm, very interested

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
severian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by severian »

Just checked the site for the numbers at the 2015 event, about 300 players across three systems. Pretty impressive. (I am happy to be corrected on those numbers, it was very quick count whilst dodging managers at work).
But the WC3 just had 912 players with just one system, not three.
We had 708 players on team event plus about 50 coaches/non playing captains, and we had about 250 players on the singles... So I think that my claims are true :) . However it is true that we need three different systems to collect the same number of players that BB collects by itself :)

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Not sure if BloodBowl is part of the ETC this year, but it would be nice if it were next year, with the re-release of the boxed set it would make sence.

It would give people who can't get on a National BloodBowl Team a chance to take part in a big international tournament like this without having to wait 4 years for the BB World Cup.

Here's a photo (borrowed from twitter) from the ETC of people warming up getting ready for the kick off, looking forward to following the action on twitter...
CpA1Uz8WgAA4BUF.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
zulu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by zulu »

frogboy wrote:Not sure if BloodBowl is part of the ETC this year, but it would be nice if it were next year, with the re-release of the boxed set it would make sence.

It would give people who can't get on a National BloodBowl Team a chance to take part in a big international tournament like this without having to wait 4 years for the BB World Cup.

Here's a photo (borrowed from twitter) from the ETC of people warming up getting ready for the kick off, looking forward to following the action on twitter...
CpA1Uz8WgAA4BUF.jpg
You dont have to wait every 4 years for a big international tournament. Eurobowl & the Euro Open is each year (apart from WC year)