Gen Con US Blood Bowl tournament July 25-26th 2003

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I belive it was "Here lies Zippy Hands"
Zippy Hands was a quite annoying Gobbo that has escaped many deaths at my hands for over a year, I am glad the little bugger is dead!

Reason: ''
The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

GalakStarscraper wrote:I'm still getting them organized and a lot of folks are still supposed to send me more pics, but here are the ones that I was able to grab at the tournament between rules questions and figuring out the next round.
Also, I STILL haven't had time to process my pics on my camera and throw them on the net. I'll be sure to link them up as soon as I do, and post a link here.

This week has been REAL crazy for me. Just started a new job and am keeping the old one at reduced hours. However, the hours from the old job aren't going to be reduced until NEXT week, meaning I'm putting in 13 hour days (8am-9pm) every day.

anyway, hopefully i'll get them on tomorrow evening.

OH, and don't stress over the botched scoring thing. Happens. You had a lot on your plate.

Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Anybody know when next year's tourney will be held. I gotta make plans to be there and need as much advanced notice as possible. :)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
What is your excuse for not trying Elfball? - http://www.elfball.org
Oakinava
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Oakinava »

Greetings to all participants of the GENCON BB-tounament!

I am back home again and very happy about the 1st place :D Thanks Galak and Chet for the review of the resultsheets!

So dont worry about that mistake. first i was also verry happy about the 3rd place, the throphy and the prices. It was a great event and i had a lot of fun and cool games. The trophy fits perfect into my luggage for the next two weeks, i guess it would be more difficult with the 1st place trophy.

I also agree that nobody should win a tournament with a 3-0-1 record, so i was very lucky with this system. maybe the system from games workshop is not so bad. the two best players, depending only on the gameresults, play in the final for the 1st and 2nd place. after the last round ther will be an additional overall winner, depending on gameresults, painting and sportmanship. this could be one of the two finalists or anyone else.

I hope i can come next year to the GENCON again and also hope that there will be a BB-tournament.

Oakinava

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Oakinava/Wolfgang ... I have your replacement 1st place trophy (not as cool as the original, but it will look good on the mantle) ... just arrived yesterday. I should have the b-b.net figures in by the end of September which I promised you one of as part of your prize for the error in the math.

Once I have the mini I'll PM for an address to mail both when I have them both.

And Mrin and anyone else trying to make early plans ... :D

GenCon Bowl 2004: Aug 6-7 (GenCon 5-8)
GenCon Bowl 2005: July 29-30 (GenCon 28-31)
GenCon Bowl 2006: Aug 11-12 (GenCon 10-13)

Galak

darthnoir
Star Player
Star Player

Post by darthnoir »

At the risk of being called a "blatant cross poster"...

I have made available my pictures from GenCon 2003

http://www.bajasol.net/TournamentPage/index.htm

Enjoy

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

wow you have proper pics of galak, how did that happen ;]

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Grumbledook wrote:wow you have proper pics of galak, how did that happen ;]
Too many people for me to properly hide.

Pic 78 is the Indy memorial ... its dead center of the city .. All the streets up to 286th street going North (which is a 1 hour drive at a good clip) count down this statue.

Pic 76 is a good one. That's what I look like on a normal day (okay expect the skin tight lycra referee shirt). :lol:

I got that shirt from GW-Australia and I didn't realize that it was basically made of spandex ... I'm definetly going to try to lose a few pounds before I put that this on again .. :lol:

Galak

Da Scum
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Da Scum »

Oh I don't know, put on the black cap, whistle and cuban cigar and we'd have a living dwarf ref figure...

...all I need is a "firm but fair" halfling referee...

Even the Goblin coach gets a +1 to injury rolls! Ow!
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

...all I need is a "firm but fair" halfling referee...
Oh I think I met him at GenCon.

ImageImage
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

i really have NOT forgotten about that whole bit with putting my pics from GenCon up on a site for youse guys to see. Craziness around here with a new full time job (and keeping the old part time ones...!)

Anyway I should be able to get them on here on Saturday. :)