Gen Con US Blood Bowl tournament July 25-26th 2003

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Gen Con US Blood Bowl tournament July 25-26th 2003

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay I'm plugging it now, because I'd really like to get 80 coaches at this tournament.

Gen Con is the world's largest gaming convention. If you have never gone, it was an incredible thing to behold in Milwaukee, and I'm hoping that Indianapolis, Indiana can do the thing justice.

I'm turning in the request for time and space now.

I've booked 10 am to 5 pm for Rounds 1 to 3 on Friday 25th
and 10 am to 12:30 pm for Round 4 for Saturday 26th.

This was based on a suggestion from the folks at U-Con who felt that 4 games of BB in one day was just too much. Plus if you are getting your butt handed to you, you can spend Saturday checking out something else at the Con ... there is always LOTS of things to do and the Exhibitor hall is huge. My brother and I always allowed 4 to 5 hours just to go through the Exhibitor hall.

The event will count for NAF (so I need to get some block dice for new members from ya all), and Andy Hall has offered up prizes for the tournament. If we get 80 coaches, I might be able to beg for more stuff .... although just the stuff for the U-Con Bowl was pretty nice.

So I need two things:

One if you are thinking about coming, could you let me know so I can get a feel for whether this is going to only be 16 coachs or closer to the 80 max.

Two I need to know the following for the entry form for the event:
Table Width:
Table Length:
Total # of tables required:

So if you have 80 coaches, what would be the correct answer to the above problem??? Keep in mind that it effects getting approved for the space so DON'T get greedy. At U-Con we had two games per a table ... I'm thinking that that is about right so I need 41 (one for me to run the thing) tables (but not really big tables). Any help on this is appreciated as its all I need to fill out on the form before submitting it.

Rules for the tournament will be a mix between the U-Con Bowl and the Blood Bowl tournament. I'll have them posted on Blood-Bowl.Net soon (uh .... NEO!!! could you email me the rules for the U-Con Bowl on how you did the scoring and how you gave points for sportmanship and painting ... I really liked your system.)

Galak

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Oh and Neo ... do you have the electronic file you used to print out all those 2D6 results for the skill rolls?

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Khankill
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khankill »

I have had Gen-Con penciled in on my tourny calender since you mentioned holding an event. I have now written it in ink. I will be attending.

On the subject of tables. If they are those roughly 3' x 8' rectanguler tables then 21 sounds about right for 80 people.

Edited so that I doesn't look like I forgot that 2 games = 4 players :oops:

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Sweet! I will try and bring some of the TBBF boys too so we can keep all the BB trophies up here where they belong ;)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
gallowin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gallowin »

I would be very interested in going!! Just another excuse to hang around other addicts. :D

"A twist of the wrist, a slip of the blade, and your posturing is ended"
Kamikaze Rudy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kamikaze Rudy »

The Chicago boys will try to make an appearance, that's for sure.

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

Are you kidding? A tournament that I might get to attend? :lol: I'm so used to being jealous of all our continental friends. Hopefully I'll get to go to Indy. Not sure yet, but I'll tentatively put it down. I'll do my best to get there. Hmm..now what team should I paint up... :smoking:

Khankill
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khankill »

I think we need to come up with a catchy name for this event. The Gen-con bloodbowl tournament, although a accurate description, just doesn't sound grand enough. Nothing pops to mind right now, but I will be giving it some thought over the weekend.

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

Assuming most of us can't make it to the BB tourney in the UK, how about the "OuTkAsT bOwL." I feel like an outcaste sometimes b/c I don't get to take part in all the fun. :D

phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

no, the outcasts are those of us who can't even make it to the events when they _are_ in the same country (or continent) as we are...

www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

I think I might fit into that catagory too. :oops:

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I vote for the "Phil Bowl".

phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

what the heck would the phil bowl trophy be? a mcdonalds fry carton perhaps?

www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Don't forget to write my name on the outside if I win.

jaylazer
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Gen-con

Post by jaylazer »

I'm definitely interested although I can't guarantee it yet. (I am going to the Blood bowl so the cost could be an issue).

However, there is a really good I will be there and I'll probably bring at least one other with me.

Jay
NAF number: 559