Auld World Masters II 14/05 - Fluff from the event on pg 16

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Auld World Masters II 14/05 - Fluff from the event on pg

Post by cornish »

sorry for my delay chaps. had to offset my lost Saturday to domestic chores!

here is the finished table. will try to upload the NAF files tomorrow.

Still need NAF numbers for Monkeyjuice and Pete James - when I get them it should be ready.

I think Landrover and my final game will go down in the records. I couldn't dodge - he couldn't pick up. a hilarious 1-1 draw ensued. the final play of the game saw Dan take two inconsequential troll actions before going for the score. Troll 1: 1- Bonehead... Troll 2: 1- Bonehead. "Oh - all right I'll try to score then" - 6 - pickup. 6 GFI. Classic. The probability wizards were foreseeing the future with that one.

Disappointing that my Dauphinoise couldn't put out a respectable defence of their Stunty trophy (0-2-2) but who better to hand it over to - than more halflings led by the great Maverick. And also great to see Itch up there. Impressive results for all stunties. Just a shame ITch and Mav couldn't have done a 1-2. If only those power gamers didn't keep stealing out NAF shields. ;-)

Anyway - my flings will be back... next time Maverick....

and Craven Moorhead....

and Landrover...

and Gorgoroth.... :-(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
NAF Name: Cornish
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Oh - and it's all Wobert. I just bring the Mac and tone down his complicated rule-setting. ;-)

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Monkeyjuice: 21835

One left

Gorgoroth
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gorgoroth »

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the team that organised this wonderful event.

I had four fantastic games so many thanks to my opponents Knightley, Frogboy, Cornish and Glowworm!!

And finally congratulations to Dionysian and Maverick for winning the Title and Stunty title respectively

Bring on next year :D

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

I had a great day out, many thanks to Wobert and Cornish for the inspiration and the organisation. Thanks to all my opponents, particularly Jonny who suffered in one of those games when the Ogres hit a patch of unstoppable blocking form. I'll be back next year for more auld style mayhem :D

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Auld World Masters II 14/05 - SPace for 1 due to drop ou

Post by 20phoenix »

Wobert wrote: . . .for instance this time Hawk's flatulence from AWM I was mentioned.
Oh everyone knew :puke:

This is one of my favourite events on the calendar due to its different slant on tournament BB. Long may it continue!

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

If I had 1 criticism, it is that this is only held once a year. Sort it out guys! Plenty of room in the calender to slip another fabulous 1-dayer in there :D

Or maybe...just maybe...like Woberts other creation, i might just steal this :p

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Auld World Masters II 14/05 - Fluff from the event on pg 16

Post by nazgob »

Itchen, your prayers will be answered...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

I think the concept it copywrited. Otherwise we'll have to use Granny Wendy's cease and desist team!

Also you can have too much of a good thing. You'll notice you didn't wait a year for AWM2 so maybe we can ensure you don't wait 12 months. But patience is the key.

I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas out there you can use to add to a diverse tournament schedule. Cripple Cup for example.... No rerolls or leader.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

cornish wrote: I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas out there you can use to add to a diverse tournament schedule. Cripple Cup for example.... No rerolls or leader.
or as it would be know ELFBALL..... just sayin' 8)

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

The competition that Itch previously 'borrowed' I think would suit a league rather than a tournament better. As Cornish says . . . no rerolls, no apoth and firing of players or hiring of players between games. So what team you start with has to limp through the entire thing. It is a lot of fun and has been run online by 4 different communities over something like 20+ seasons all in all. I am not sure it would work in a one day tournament so well.

I am glad AWM has seemingly been such a hit . . . . . but want to keep it more or less annual.

If people are really that desperate for more 1 day action I do have another idea for a 'fun' tournament. That wouldn't run until January though as it would be Birthday Bowl II (as the previous winner of Birthday Bowl 1 I reserve the right to have it on my Birthday). It wouldn't be injuries but it would be slightly odd ball team development. If enough people were interested who want another AWM type event then I would consider doing that as a one off (whoever won it would then need to host Birthday Bowl III themselves!).

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

If its one day action your after then look no further (well click on the link below)

Perhaps you were disgruntled that a Welsh Man and a Goblin got into then final of AWM2, thinking you could do better, gutted you missed out on the action or just want to exact some revenge on a regular opponent then get yourself down to Firestorm Games in Cardiff on the 2nd of July for the much anticipated Foul Bowl

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=42717

Stick the boot in and get the win!

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Slight delay - one of our coaches was a new tournament coach and wasn't NAF registered. The lovely organising committee have however taken funds from Ernie's appearance fee to pay this up. We thought you would be a little upset to miss your points! So I received the NAF number this AM.

Apologies for the delay but I now have everything to upload after work and send to Lunchmoney for the SW standings. Thanks for your patience.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Results uploaded to NAF site.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Thanks Lunch