Bugman's XXXXXXX - May 21-22, Nottingham, UK

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Bugman's XXXXXXX - May 21-22, Nottingham, UK

Post by sann0638 »

That was an impressive number of casualties too! Ripper ripping through the opposition?

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

Scrappa I was amazed that a goblin team broke up the Ag4 party! Heard you were 2-2 against wood elves with 5 players and ended up winning 4-2? Amazing!

It was interesting in my last game explaining to my opponent Gaz that I had to pop away from our game to give jbone a hug as he was being demolished by the NAF president!

Scrappa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scrappa »

sann0638 wrote:That was an impressive number of casualties too! Ripper ripping through the opposition?
Hahah. They were more accidental casualties. I faced Halflings, Wood Elves, Skaven and Norse. The Orc team aside, with 5 S5-7 models, 4 of which had mighty blow, if I hadn't gotten an impressive number of casualties there would have been something wrong!

Scrappa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scrappa »

Actually - I do have a question: Will the NAF be using the star players list released for the weekend? Frank N. Stein is a classic, Puggy is a brilliant model and Lewdgrip is such a gorgeous model it would be a shame for him to miss out.

For the next weekend, I plan on out-elfing the Elves with a Chaos team. I'm playing around with some ideas involving Lewdgrip and a certain Ogre/Agility 4 Goblin. While I won't be able to get 1 turn touchdowns, I should be able to pick up the ball and send it very effectively to Grotty, punch through their line with the Chaos team and set up a rather easy 2 turn touchdown. With the Chaos Models, I should be able to put up a pretty solid wall for Brick and Grotty, too.

I never can resist going against the grain. If I had taken Wood Elves and won, I'd just have felt dirty. -,-

Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

Great weekend. Much beer consumed.
6 star players taken and 4 I them skilled up.
5 great games.
Roll on the next one.

Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 09 with 24
Most Casualties @ PK&Q 09 with 21
Most Casualties @ GT 09 with 28
Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 11 with 28
Most Casualties @ ARRBL 13 with 30
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

@Scrappa - Puggy, Lewdgrip and Edrail are already in the rules. The other 3 would be up to individual Tournament Organisers to allow or not.
I personally would probably allow Rasta, but wouldn't allow Frank or Bilerot, at least not at the price they gave on the packs they had at Bugman's.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

Darkson wrote:@Scrappa - Puggy, Lewdgrip and Edrail are already in the rules. The other 3 would be up to individual Tournament Organisers to allow or not.
I personally would probably allow Rates, but wouldn't allow Frank or Bilerot, at least not at the price they gave on the packs they had at Bugman's.
Would you allow any of the 3 new stars to play for Slann, Pact or Underworld. (Lets forget the price for cost of the players for now, thats being looked into)
I just cant see any of them fitting into slann.

Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 09 with 24
Most Casualties @ PK&Q 09 with 21
Most Casualties @ GT 09 with 28
Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 11 with 28
Most Casualties @ ARRBL 13 with 30
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

The NAF does allow custom stars (which is what I would consider these at the moment), though doing so usually makes me slightly uncomfortable. I would caution people against using these because:
- Only a few teams will benefit.
- The remnants of the BBRC differ with their pricing.
- GW has already mentioned the need for possible revisions.

Exciting times, for sure, but there's no need to rush into anything.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Gaixo wrote:- The remnants of the BBRC differ with their pricing.
We do?

Funny we all agreed on the formula that was used.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Scrappa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scrappa »

Gaixo wrote:The NAF does allow custom stars (which is what I would consider these at the moment), though doing so usually makes me slightly uncomfortable. I would caution people against using these because:
- Only a few teams will benefit.
- The remnants of the BBRC differ with their pricing.
- GW has already mentioned the need for possible revisions.

Exciting times, for sure, but there's no need to rush into anything.
:pissed: As a Goblin player, I feel it is vital that we rush in to things with very little or no forethought or caution!

IT IS A RACIAL IMPERATIVE!

On a more serious note, I'm glad that Lewdgrip is allowed. As star players go, he opens up a plethora of options for Chaos and Nurgle that are otherwise impossible. Taking him also forces those two teams to consider defense to prevent player simply shanking him, which they very rarely have to otherwise.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hudson wrote:lWould you allow any of the 3 new stars to play for Slann, Pact or Underworld. (Lets forget the price for cost of the players for now, thats being looked into)
I just cant see any of them fitting into slann.
Personally (and by no means do I expect anyone else to agree with me) *IF* I allowed the 3 new (old) Stars I'd replace one of the six stars for those races, so no team gets an advantage. I'd have to look closely on which I'd replace. I could see Rasta playing for Underworld, and Bilerot playing for Pact (maybe) but none of them fit Slann IMO.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Gaixo wrote:- The remnants of the BBRC differ with their pricing.
We do?

Funny we all agreed on the formula that was used.
I think Nate means you differ with the GW pricing, at least that was how I read it.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Right. Isn't that what we were talking about?

It's one thing if GW puts out a whole set of new stars and their pricing is different from what we're used to. But to release these three into the tournament scene without context, and with pricing designed to make them more attractive than the current stars, seems like a bad idea.

Gaz Taylor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gaz Taylor »

Wulfyn wrote:It was interesting in my last game explaining to my opponent Gaz that I had to pop away from our game to give jbone a hug as he was being demolished by the NAF president!
Don't worry about it Dan. I think I would have done something similar but not a hug (probably finger pointing and laughing if it was a mate! ;) ). I also enjoyed our game and I really enjoyed the event. Having not played the board game for years and a few goes on the Playstation copy of BB2 and one real life game, I was going in very rusty and had a great time.

I took High Elves as not played an AG4 team before and it took a while for me to get my head around being able to Dodge away from things (I used to play Orcs). I was also very blown away by the turnout as I was expecting around 30 to 40 players not nearly 100! I thought the event was very well run (but not a fan of the wait at the end and I felt guilty leaving early as my wife would have killed me if she knew I could have come back early!), the rules pack was a nice change and I was very happy with the attitude that people turned up with.

Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

Yeah it was a great atmosphere you are right, and to have nearly 100 people there was amazing I thought. The wait at the end was super painful, after about 30 mins we'd all been through the shops twice so not much to do but hang around! Best part of the ceremony was the Ogre guy winning most casualties :) My opponent in the second game, Simon, was an elf player who brought Orcs so it was nice symmetry to meet an Orc player with Elves!

I'm definitely in again for this one next year, and let me know if you are interested in going to any other tournaments nearby.