Bugman's XXXXXXX - May 21-22, Nottingham, UK

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Bugman's XXXXXXX - May 21-22, Nottingham, UK

Post by sann0638 »

Not a NAF event, but I figure for completeness it should appear on these boards!

Official page here: http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.co ... eague-cup/

The team lists are as in the CRP, as are the majority of the rules, though apothecary works on a 3+ when a casualty is suffered, instead of the normal way.

£55 for 5 games (3 Saturday, 2 Sunday)

Thanks to PeteW for the summary:
1300 TV and you can buy leader for 30 on any player.
1 skill for 1 player after each game. D6 roll and a 6 gives you a double. Doesn't say you can't stack skills...

3 points per td, 2 per CAS, 2 for an int, 1 for cpp and 1 for being sent off.
Only benefit for winning is +1 ff.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Bugman's XXXXXXX - May 21-22, Nottingham, UK

Post by sann0638 »

Sorry, can an admin move it to Britain, please.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Soooooo ... a BB tournament where winning a game doesn't actually win you the tournament. Wow ... I mean really wow. That will be an interesting event. Definitely a new spin on a BB tournament.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I quite like the idea as it seems fluffy. In that some teams are more suited to just wanting to scrap it out on the field than be interested in the ball.

There's a nice bit on page 27 of the Bugmans rule book in a box which explains that these changes are just for this event only. So by the sounds of it GW just want to bring new players through without exposing them to loads of tactical games. Let people just have fun with it.

Could be fun or mayhem or both, I'd love to go but its just too close to the NAFC.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

Still it is strange that they made 130K base for the teams without skills included in the money (at least if i didn't understand anything wrong)

Actually the tournament-points scoring-idea is kind of interesting to me, too

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

As many stars as you want!? No limit to 2? Or have I misread it?

NAF Name: Cornish
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Looks like no limit. I'm putting together a list of questions to put to GW.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Let's see take some sort of Elf team and sit there throwing completions and trying so steal the ball back, probably with War Dancers, if you do not have it.

Maybe Choas Dwarfs? Bulls can chase down fast moving elves; take Mighty Blow/Piling on as your skills and try to get more casualties than they get completions? Have enough cheap Hobgoblins to foul every turn?

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I'm just going to try and win all my games in a good spirit, show what NAF Blood Bowl tournaments should be like.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Im going to Play BB and drink ( not in any particular order) at GW because I like the venue!!

May need a GW Glart & Skitter if anyone has them and is planning on attending :wink:

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Good question from Twitter - the rules pack says "any category". Suggests that extraordinary is included too...

Multiply Eldrils on an elf team, anyone?

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Bombardier high elf thrower

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Marlow wrote:Let's see take some sort of Elf team and sit there throwing completions and trying so steal the ball back, probably with War Dancers, if you do not have it.

Maybe Choas Dwarfs? Bulls can chase down fast moving elves; take Mighty Blow/Piling on as your skills and try to get more casualties than they get completions? Have enough cheap Hobgoblins to foul every turn?
You'd need 5-6 Cas every game to keep up with Elves passing the ball with 2 players in the backfield for most of the game and scoring 1-2 Cas with the rest of their team.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Which casualties count toward the points, is it all casualties in the dead and injured box (so crowd surfs, Throw a rock and fouls) or just the blocking ones?

16 points from passing, unless riot of some kind of blitz shenanigans

16 from fouling, unless riot

32 (34 with Apo) points from casualties maximum (Assuming with the high starting TV that there will be 16 player teams :lol: )

48 from TD's

Looking at the numbers it dose seem to favour the Agility teams a little bit. But There can only be one winner so why bother go to an event and play like that. Just go and play the game and have fun. Warhammer World is great and i'm sure it will be a good weekend. If its running next year then i'll be up for going for sure.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

So after having another think about this I don't think it is as easy as just passing the ball for 16 turns and auto winning.

For a start your only going to have the ball for half the game, lets say that we have the classic bash team vs agility, I'm the bash team and i kick to you. You can pass the ball using 2 players in the back field leaving 9 players to my 11 its difficult for you to foul if i have no players on the floor and every turn you don't score gives me more time to maximise on my 3 dice blocks.

If you complete every turn during the first half then you end up with 8 points. I only have to bang 4 of yours to be on equal terms. maybe you score in turn 8 but maybe i injure more than 4 in the first half and then you rack them up for me to maximise my 3 die blocks during kick off turn 8 and 9 more Casualties.

Then i have the ball in the second half against your depleted team. have more players than you so can afford to foul and after the kick off i have some of your players down and ready for a foul.

So just an hypothetical example of why i think that the rules could be interesting given a chance. Its not just as simple as I'll just pass for 16 turns and foul every turn and score every turn? I'm sure that would be impossible.