Bugman's XXXXXXX - May 21-22, Nottingham, UK

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Bugman's XXXXXXX - May 21-22, Nottingham, UK

Post by Wightlord »

Really good tournament, nice atmosphere, great opponents and great to see GW backing their game again at last - looking forward to the new set now especially with the promised add ons and Chaos League etc. Points system was loony and timings on Sunday drawn out but still worth the trip and fee, the free dice set and templates + pin badges were a nice touch.

Reason: ''
Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

sann0638 wrote:My loooong write-up http://www.sann0638.co.uk/bugmans-xxxxxx/
Great write up sann - not arrogant at all. My experience is that the coaches were generally all of a good quality, they were just either regulars or very rusty (see Gaz above who played well but other than a few games of BB2 had not played in years). What I did notice is that all of my opponents improved through the game, and it reminded me of how I was a couple years ago at my first NAF where every game I played I remembered something).

I am very hopeful that once they start getting back into it those guys will make fine additions to the tournament scene and we'll get a big influx of great players.

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Good write up mike, the points system will need looking at as well as timings.

However if GW's aim was to get exposure for the new set launch and introduce coaches to/back to tabletop Blood Bowl then it was a roaring success. Has there been a tournament since the old Bloodweiser days that introduced so many new/returning players? (Honest question - no idea of the answer).

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger