FOUL BOWL - Cardiff - 2nd July ***HAWCA WINS***

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Gorgoroth
Experienced
Experienced

Re: FOUL BOWL - Cardiff - 2nd July ***HAWCA WINS***

Post by Gorgoroth »

Thanks for running a great tournament.

Thanks to all my opponents and to Hawk keep your chin up mate the dice will turn in your favour :)

Thanks once again!!

Reason: ''
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: FOUL BOWL - Cardiff - 2nd July ***HAWCA WINS***

Post by frogboy »

Ok thanks for the feed back so far guys that's great.

Firstly I'd like to apologise to Glowworm and 20 Pheonix, I should have checked score before giving Hawca the thumbs up to send it. Obviously I had the list of teams, so lesson learnt for next time. I believe Gert Bowl is three weeks away so being that that's the next local tournament hopefully it won't effect too many of you and should be fixed by then.

I remember talking to Glowworm earlier in the year at Crumb Bowl and was asking some advise and he said try to get a spare player, unfortunately that was not possible otherwise I could have been cutting about a bit more reminding you all about timings etc. But as it is I think it worked. 4 games in the time we had was tight and if the event had been larger could have been a disaster but thankfully you all performed admirably. Only one game we had to time turns and that was at the request of the coaches. We still had over 20 minuites at the end before doors closed, but saying all that I think I would ask for an extra hour next time. The reason I changed the timings was because at Firestorm you have to pay per hour for any extra time outside of normal opening hours and I had already over spent on the prizes so didn't want to loose any more money. Hope that explains why it was tight, my maths ain't too good so something to improve on for next time. Anyway I think the panic just increased the flavour :lol:

Now what I really liked about the event was the selection of skills and rosters etc. I don't think I played a team with out a chainsaw. We had teams with Dirty Player and Deathrollers, Chaos Pact won the event so I was well happy with that. I think many coaches brought something different, this event gave everyone a chance to bring out a crazy fun list and smash face.
But I do agree that it would be better if there was some way to widen the spectrum of teams in attendance, we all love the feeling of crunched stunties in the morning or the sound of snapped elf. I will certainly be thinking about a way to tweak the rule set to try make this happen.
I played two Dwarf teams, both had a Deathroller, I think to some it's just the fear of the unknown, when you blitz one with a Minotaur with Claw MB and two assists it goes down just like anything else. I didn't find in either game that it was a problem, only movement 4 just treat it like any other big guy if you have no way to tackle it.

So I think so far everyone agrees with the two above points that 4 games was good but would have been nicer to have a little more time.
The rule set was different (dare I say good) but would be nice if more variety of teams were incouraged to attend.

Now the main point I've had mixed feedback from, either from talking with you at the venue or on here is the skill removal/double.
Seems like half loved it and half would like it toned down.
Also skills, some people mentioned bringing in tiers for next year. But no one complained about the skill stacking so that was obviously a good idea, thank you Hobnail :oops:

When Foul Bowl runs again it will certainly still be about fouling and causing the most carnage. But the fans demand more, the promoters are as we speak in negotiations with some of the biggest Elven and Stunty agents in the Auld World and are seeking some way to encourage them onto the field next time. There are rumours of weight divisions, more skilled players for weaker teams or larger prizes doing the circuit but nothing has been agreed on yet.

Rest assured I've read all the feed back even if I've not mentioned it on here and will be discussing with anyone who will listen, right now I'm on hold to The Pentigon and Castle Grey Skull...

Thank you :orc:

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.