FOUL BOWL - Cardiff - 2nd July ***HAWCA WINS***

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: FOUL BOWL - Cardiff - 2nd July ***COMING NEXT***

Post by sann0638 »

Who won?

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

1st - Hawca (Chaos Pact)
2nd - ceetee (Dwarfs)
3rd - 20 Pheonix (Necromantic)
Glowworm award - nightwing (Dwarfs)

Most Casualties was a tie - Hawca & frogboy (Chaos) (both on 16)

Most TD was also a tie - Hawca, Trumpkin (Pro Elves) & Landrover (Slann) (all on 8 TDs)

We had an award for winner of the last round bottom table (spoon play off) - cornish (Dwarfs)

Spoon - Angry Hobbit (Orcs)

Raffle - Angry Hobbit

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Boneless »

I did nothing other that score, and to be honest you put your own results in.

Great day, great fun. Loved it.

Chaos Pact is the new power game. .

Can we have results up for all to view.

Feed back,

3 games due to time restrictions. We rushed though fair play to all who made life easy doing so. 4 is good number but would need better times from fire storm.

Skills need looking at but only fine tuning as discussed.

Loved it

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ok so NAF results are in, waiting for the big red button to be pushed :orc:
IMG_20160702_173242.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

0 frogboy - Chaos
1 DaPiranha - Chaos
2 Wobert - Chaos Pact
3 nightwing - Dwarfs
4 Hawca - Chaos Pact
5 20 Phoenix - Necromantic
6 Angry Hobbit - Orcs
7 cornish - Dwarfs
8 ceetee - Dwarfs
9 Trumpkin - Pro Elves
10 Gorgoroth - Undead
11 Hawk - Necromantic
12 Landrover - Slann
13 Glowworm - Chaos Dwarfs

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

I love 4 game tournaments. Thought the idea to list round 3 matches before lunch and allow players to start early or whilst eating was great. Pre-match listings allowed games to start early where possible but yes I understand it was a push for some. Apart from opening hours Venue was superb. Lovely place and wish there were more around!

I think you should continue to make it unique and give the ruleset something different. Tone down the nega trait removal slightly (as you saw I power gamed it) to improve variety of races (only tier 2/3?). But generally something different AKA STAR/ AWM puts tournaments high on my list of priorities - where else would you see a death roller!? So keep Foul Bowl about Fouling! I think Cardiff is harder to attract 30 coaches (considering our BB community geography) but it'll develop so don't worry.

Good fun games - feeling more part of the BB gang and community each time I go to another event, great to see you all.

frog, Hawk. You are welcome for the points. ;-)

trump.... The saga continues 1-1-1!

AngryHobbit - great fun game - sorry you left with the spoon but you were forever gracious in your inability to roll 10+!

Special thanks to Frog and Hawka. Great stuff. See you next year!

NAF Name: Cornish
Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Thanks for running the event guys, my games mostly seem to have plenty of time (maybe it was due to the lack of players left standing on my team!). Well, all except for the first game which I overran in, but I learned a valuable lesson about one-minute turns. Namely they're insane!

As far as the ruleset goes, I liked the potential variety it could bring. There was obviously a huge bias towards bash, and as a rotten elf player it would have been good to see more agi teams. Maybe putting tiers on the teams would create more of a spread? With the ability to remove a negatrait (almost exclusively for big-guy bashing), free bribe (bashy!), skill stacking and having lots of cash it's not hard to see why many people gravitated towards bash. I'm an elf, can't see what the appeal is for all this violence. Can't we all just get along?

20P - Revenge is yours! Congrats for knocking my off my elfy pedestal and handing me my first Pro Elf Tourney loss. I'm now free from the beardy curse and can take other teams!

Landrover - Hey, you're good with Slann, I think you should take them permanently. I hope your car feels better soon!

Cornish - I look forward to the next clash... I reckon we'll draw again. Calling it now!

And DaPiranha - May your chainsaw continue to mince elves and may the kicks not always land in the pigging corner. Thanks for the game! I nabbed it at the end but there was some severe elfing going on...

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Frogboy, thank you for a great little tournament.

The four games in one day is very manageable. Don't listen to the naysayers!
Hawca, Trumpkin, Angryhobbit and Frogboy, thank you for some memorable games, often for the wrong reasons.

Trumpkin: I will NOT be taking slann permanently, thank you very much! They are even more mercurial than a thermometer's insides.

The food was great, please thank the venue from me next time you are in there. I had my hands a little full with the recalcitrant Mini, and forgot to thank them.

Yes, the Mini got home, my suspicion is now either the master or slave clutch piston seals.
Will strip them tomorrow and order the parts. Mini working day anyone?

For the tourney, please keep the four games.
I loved the option of removing a negatrait, and would definitely consider taking vamps next time. (ST4, AG4, no Blood Lust!).
Tiering the teams would create more opportunities for agility sides, but let's run a few trials on that.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

glowworm wrote:
frogboy wrote:panic buying on the day for some kind of award. Maybe third place or best painted? Will figure something out.
There's an award for THIRD.?
Welsh Open team for next year is sorted :D

Thanks for all the games. Got to play another new face, get revenge on an old one, get dry humped by one of my own and of course the irrepressible Glow.

Good work Rory

Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

Thanks for all your efforts Rory - great all round venue plus shopping on site :)
My only suggestion for change might be to make it more stunty friendly. Possibly with tiered skill levels 5/6/7 skills - keeping the negative trait for a double (may be give stunties two doubles ).

Thanks to all my opponents for entertaining games - new faces/old foes = same results. Wooden spoon huzzah.

Cheers all.

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

HI guys,

Great tourney, lots of great bits. Venue wa really nice, haven't been to a Firestorm games before, but lots of room, proper gaming tables - excellent. It wouldd've been nice to explore the store even more, but timings were quite tight.

That said, we came to play blood bowl and see friends and we got lots of that - keep the 4 games!

Despite misinterpreting the rules, the ruleset is splendid - always good to see something original. Fouling as a theme is not something I've seen before and it made for some interesting roster choices. Might be good if it had a few tweeks to encourage a wider variety of races, but if you don't, I'd still be interested next year.

Good work to all and thanks to my opponents for some edge-of-the-seat down-to-the-wire and other cliche games.

Well done and thank you.

Cheers,

Chris

ct
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: FOUL BOWL - Cardiff - 2nd July ***HAWCA WINS***

Post by Wobert »

I can only echo what has been said, it was a top day. The Pact were very mixed . . . . . despite 6 MB players (2 of who had claw) I managed to not inflict a casualty in 3 of the 4 games . . . . but when i did, well sorry Mr Piranha.

Dwarfs . . . . bloody Dwarfs . . . . . . played twice . . . . . lost to 'em twice. Little buggers.

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

My race is wrong on the NAF

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

20phoenix wrote:My race is wrong on the NAF
So is mine, I'm down as Pact but I played CDs :o

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Great tournament, my first trip to Firestorm in their new venue. Great place.

Nice ruleset, especially the removal of a nega trait. And the fouling focus was also a nice feature. As noted by a few others, maybe skills based on tiers for next time to make it not quite as bash heavy, but I am already eagerly awaiting the next one!

Thanks to all of my opponents, Wobert, Frogboy, Ceetee and Hawca, 4 very tight games. And Wobert, one of these days we'll have a game which isn't a one sided dicing (one way or the other!) ;)

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns