FOUL BOWL - Cardiff - 2nd July ***HAWCA WINS***

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Foul Bowl - Cardiff - 2nd July ***NOW WITH RULES***

Post by frogboy »

Payment details are up, lets get some prize support...

Cost (includes food) will be £15 for NAF members - £20 for non-NAF members (which includes NAF registration).
Please make payments via PayPal (Friends) to foulbowl@gmail.com Please include your Name, NAF Name and NAF Number

Thanks

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Foul Bowl has been approved by The NAF :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Put me and the clan on the interested list, but won't be able to confirm until fairly close to the event, so no probs if you get full up.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ok not a problem, I'm still in negotiations with the venue about the size of the event. There is also a painting master class and a Malafux tournament on the same weekend but if you have been to the new building you will know how large the venue is.

Should be a good day out :D

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

There will be over 100 spaces available. The quicker people pay the quicker we can get some prizes.

I will be buying "Spot" prizes (Foul related) for each round then a team raffle give away then prizes as listed on OP then any last minute entries will be converted into Firestorm vouchers.

Although it's late notice for some I hope we can make this a good event and continue to improve on it for the future.

Cheers,
frogboy :orc:

Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

Yea, the whole reason I chose Firestorm for the venue for DragonBowl later in the year was because of the way you are charged, there is no break even point and almost limitless capacity. Much easier for the organiser.

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Eski
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Eski »

colour me interested

http://www.bristolvanguard.co.uk
Look Up Bristol Vanguards Gert Bowl Tournment near end of July 2012
"MB and Piling On! Rerolls need not apply!"
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thanks for all the interest so far, this is great. After some discussion in the car on the way home yesterday I'm considering changing the rules to something more exciting. There will be 2 changes.

The First Change
We had a vote on the way home from Crumb with all the Coaches who have currently Paid up, which will result in the skill set changing to 7 normal skills plus 1 double skill (that's 8 in total) these skills will be unrestricted other than, as in the rule book, you will be allowed a maximum of 6 skills on a single player.

With a slight twist. You can use the double skill to remove a negative trait.

This should allow for some significantly different builds without breaking the game due to the bonus points, remember you need to Foul and keep a clean sheet if your gong to keep the fans happy.

The Second Change
All Teams will be allowed to purchase an addition 3 bribes at 100k each (Goblins 50k each).

If you feel strongly that these rules could be improved on then please feel free to comment and pay, there's no guarantee that I will change anything (unless you pay) but I will listen :orc:

Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Boneless »

frogboy wrote:Thanks for all the interest so far, this is great. After some discussion in the car on the way home yesterday I'm considering changing the rules to something more exciting. There will be 2 changes.

The First Change
We had a vote on the way home from Crumb with all the Coaches who have currently Paid up, which will result in the skill set changing to 7 normal skills plus 1 double skill (that's 8 in total) these skills will be unrestricted other than, as in the rule book, you will be allowed a maximum of 6 skills on a single player.

With a slight twist. You can use the double skill to remove a negative trait.

This should allow for some significantly different builds without breaking the game due to the bonus points, remember you need to Foul and keep a clean sheet if your gong to keep the fans happy.

The Second Change
All Teams will be allowed to purchase an addition 3 bribes at 100k each (Goblins 50k each).

If you feel strongly that these rules could be improved on then please feel free to comment and pay, there's no guarantee that I will change anything (unless you pay) but I will listen :orc:

can you update and change the front page rules please for this, I will enter team building now for this. and will be bringing a dirty player :D

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

Interested.

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Foul Bowl - Cardiff - 2nd July ***UPDATED RULES***

Post by frogboy »

Thanks Angry Hobbit :)

Ok so the rules have been updated,

7 skills + 1 Double, no restrictions, can skill stack up to six skills per player.
May use the double to remove a skill (see OP for clarification)

Teams may buy additional 3 bribes.

Goblins only may draw a Dirty Tricks card every game.

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

The slight twist has sent my mind into overdrive! 20p mentioned a Ball Carrying Fanatic. Sexy.

Then I thought ...take off the Ball n Chain. I got a slow but Str 7 goblin :D

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Itchen Masack wrote:The slight twist has sent my mind into overdrive! 20p mentioned a Ball Carrying Fanatic. Sexy.

Then I thought ...take off the Ball n Chain. I got a slow but Str 7 goblin :D
That sounds crazy lol :lol:

Why not take off secrete weapon, what would be the benefit of a strength 7 goblin with no hands and no ball and chain?

There are some other great options too :)

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Take off the secret weapon skill . . . . then you get a ball and chain that plays all game.

Edit - doh . . . . Frogboy already said that!