FOUL BOWL - Cardiff - 2nd July ***HAWCA WINS***

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Foul Bowl - Cardiff - 2nd July ***UPDATED RULES***

Post by cornish »

I'm in! All paid too!

Reason: ''
NAF Name: Cornish
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thanks Cornish will add you to the list :)

So far we have enough to play a 3 game round robin, then maybe a kind of last round swiss draw. Hopefully we can get a few more sign ups though.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Paid up!

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Happy days thanks nightwing, will update the list now :)

Plenty of room left so if anyone fancys a bonkers 1 day tournament with unusual rule set, even if it's only to scratch one of the 24 off the list, then sign up. All the usual BloodBowl mayhem but just with more Brains ;)

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Announcement: Due to lack of funds Foul Bowl has gone into liquidation, we were hoping our last ditched effort of advertising the event would produce a few more entrants into what stood to be the only known "fun" event outside people's Birthdays and the Bugmans XXXXXX. Unfortunately the Union of Powergamers backed by the TFF Gistapole MOD team have mercilessly cut down our hope to bring you the fans a truly epic 1 day event.

You may know already the plight of Welsh BloodBowl and what it's taken to get this far, never been more than one successful event to date and now the Welsh Open could stand to be the only event left able to draw in young coaches, let's not let it be like this. Come and play with your neighbours, put your patriotic flags aside for a miniute and stand in Union for an event born out of a passion for fluff fun and fouls. Yeah!

Fowl Bowl will now be offering CASH PRIZES! All money's from ticket sales (minus hall hire and food costs) will be donated to the prize fund!

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Bit confused Frog. In liquidation or at risk of cancellation or still going ahead!?

What's the base number of coaches you need to get to cover costs? I'm happy to bring my own lunch if you want to shave costs. I'm keen for this event as I've got the weekend pass to come now! ;-)

Do you need to relocate it to another cheaper venue?

NAF Name: Cornish
Glowworm

Re: Foul Bowl - Cardiff - 2nd July, 1 Day 4 Games

Post by Glowworm »

glowworm wrote:Interested work dependant.

( if it's a Saturday and I'm still in my current job, I'm in)
However.... As previously stated above......

New job (shift work) starts that weekend, so I'm out unfortunately :blue:

ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

I paid yesterday - is this event going ahead or not?

ct
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ok just to clear up questions. The venue hire is not a problem. I will only pay per player who attends. So if 8 people show then ill pay for 8 etc. I decided to go for food as there wouldn't be a lot of time to leave the venue and get food between the 4 games. The reason the ticket price is 15 quid was because I was hoping to get enough sign ups early on so I could send an order to Impact minatures who were going to supply prizes. Unfortunately I needed to send off order 6 weeks before event so can't do that now. If you check with Firestorm Games you will see it costs roughly £9.50 per head to play and eat (hot food) there for the day which left £5.50 for prizes.
I think now I'm either going to refund the difference and have no prices or keep the money and stick it into a kitty which will be given to the winner? Or I could split it up but then there's not much point as there are only a few people attending.
The post above was mainly me trying to make light of the fact that I had around 10 posts deleted again due to me mentioning Foul Bowl in them, this was deemed to be Spam. Some people became very offended and rumour has it even started to cry and wee their little panties.

So the event will still run only there will not be shiny models or gifts.

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

How about some nicely printed gift vouchers instead? The thought of cash for BB brings a bad taste to my thoughts. Also on the off chance I do win something, I could pick instead of getting a model I don't want/need like usual :p

ps I intend to pay tomorrow

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

We can't make this one, sorry.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Itchen Masack wrote:How about some nicely printed gift vouchers instead? The thought of cash for BB brings a bad taste to my thoughts. Also on the off chance I do win something, I could pick instead of getting a model I don't want/need like usual :p

ps I intend to pay tomorrow
Ok, at some point I will have to decide that what funds ive got will be used to get prizes, just leave me with the dilemma about what to do with any funds coming from people paying after, I think vouchers would be good for this possibly.
Apologies for it being all up in the air, it's first time I've attempted to organise an event. Obviously it was abit late notice, but didn't want to leave it another year when the future of BloodBowl was questionable and was the only time I could squeeze it in to the tightly packed UK calender giving enough time between the other arranged Welsh events.
If I had had a flood of sign up early on would have ran a bit more smoothly.

Just to reasure people this is a serious NAF sanctioned event, the rules may be slightly different from the norm but hope it encourages some different builds and styles of play. Thanks for the support and I hope we can all have have good laugh :D

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Totally bummed for you that for some reason the numbers have not been there. Anyway whether its 6 or 16 I'm coming!

I think Itch is right . . . . .playing for cash doesn't feel quite right. Either play for vouchers from the gamestore or if you have the cash for a team then maybe look at Tritex or Black Scorpion. Their prices are similar to Impact! and you would still get them in time.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Well we got spot prizes, trophy's and at least one team to give away so far. I guess I will have to cancel the blackjack and strippers :cry:

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

frogboy wrote:Well we got spot prizes, trophy's and at least one team to give away so far. I guess I will have to cancel the blackjack and strippers :cry:
And with only 8 people there at least 50% of attendants will walk away with a prize :D