Hawca's 40th Birthday Bash FULL

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: Hawca's 40th Birthday Bash FULL

Post by Loki »

Given that both Hawca and Lunchmoney are there, Can I renew my NAF membership tomorrow?

Reason: ''
Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Loki wrote:Given that both Hawca and Lunchmoney are there, Can I renew my NAF membership tomorrow?
Yes but will cost double lol

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Loki wrote:
frogboy wrote:Rumour has it that people have started dropping out because they scared of facing my awesome superior bloodbowls...
Sorry is the rumour people are dropping out or that you have awesome superior bloodbowls. I'm believing neither for the moment.
:lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Loki wrote:Given that both Hawca and Lunchmoney are there, Can I renew my NAF membership tomorrow?
Yes, but I don't have new dice & token yet. Hawca might have stash, but I don't :(

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Just got back from this and wants to thank you to all that attended and made this an AWESOME event. Special mention to Merrick for his Stunty cup victory and of course AndyDavo for being the overall winner, all I can say is "hello you ****" :D

@Hawca: thanks for letting me and the others crash, you should have a birthday every year!!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Literally my worst tourney result ever; my 5th BB spoon (4th NAF spoon).
Not my first 006 but this was the lowest TD score and lowest CAS score I've ever made. Every match was very one sided. I may have looked gloomy but I still enjoyed my weekend. Thanks all and thanks again to Hawca for giving Fern and I a place to crash.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

Awesome tournament and great to see old friends and make new ones.

Happy Birthday, Andy. Hope you enjoyed it!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Got home and had a nap ;)

Great weekend and great tournament. Despite seeing most the field regularly on the tournament circuit I still managed to land three new opponents which was great. Rules pack and group structure worked well too.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

4 new opponents for me yay and you all beat me :( good weekend though, it's definitely easier to smile when your winning, sorry Lunchmoney unless your playing Landrover in which case all the crazy stuff happens which makes you laugh anyway :D

Nice rule set too, well done Hawca for making it interesting not just for the BloodBowl elite.

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Thanks for the great weekend, I also enjoyed the rule pack and structure they were a nice twist.

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Sadly back to work after a great weekend of Bloodbowlery.

Hawca fantastic weekend, with a slight caveat on the Duffryn Arms 'toilets' (have you seen Trainspottingt? :lol:) Really well done, that zimmer frame didn't seem to slow you down at all.

I would like to thank all my opponents Verbal, Frogboy, Hawk, Tempest, Glowworm and Hawk AGAIN. Great games all weekend.

Its a PB for me with 5 wins in two days and runner-up 'overall', so I've got to be happy with that. Congrats to AndyDavo on the title.

It's my 40th next year, might have to have a think about what I want to do for my birthday :wink:

Merrick
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Merrick »

Cheers for the weekend, Hawca. :)
5 new opponents and an always enjoyable match against the Glowfather. And a nice little prize to take home!

See you all again soon!

"DAMMIT, FUNGUS."

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Verbal_HM wrote:Thanks for the great weekend, I also enjoyed the rule pack and structure they were a nice twist.
I did that!! I'm really glad everyone seemed to enjoy it and it worked. The concept was you could have a poor day 1 ( as I often have) and not just turn up day 2 to make the numbers up, everyone had something to play for on Sunday...

I also wanted to trial the "skill bank", initially you could swap 2 skills each GAME once you knew who / what you where facing.... for example Nonumber probably would have ditched the 2 tackle for maybe guard or something else against me, then switched them back in against Andydavo, however Hawca preferred the switch to happen between days, which also worked. I would like any feedback on whether the game or day switching would be preferred... so feel free to comment here or via PM.

I had a great weekend, a fantastic crowd and the day1 venue was 100%, as Loki noted day 2 venue had a small issue but overall it was good IMHO, no complaints.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Interesting, off the top of my head, I would say that switching every game versus between days is a very different beast.

The original plan (as I understood it) was you had a Skill Bank you could swap to/from which was limited by being chosen before you started. On the day we just swapped on two guys, which is limited enough for one swap. I'm not sure, but I think being able to swap freely on two players before each game would be VERY helpful on some teams allowing them to tailor too much and magnify their advantages. Swapping before every game needs limitations either a skill bank or just swapping skills on players, so you could use sub-optimal skills on a player knowing you might swap to a 'better' player or maybe just racial tweeks.

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

frogboy wrote:4 new opponents for me yay and you all beat me :( good weekend though, it's definitely easier to smile when your winning, sorry Lunchmoney unless your playing Landrover in which case all the crazy stuff happens which makes you laugh anyway :D.
Hell yes! I thought that was the whole point of the game, not this power-gaming nonsense.

Thank you Andy for a fantastic weekend.
The Chinese was too much, and I hope your mob likes reheated stir-fry!
The Cards against Humanity was also too much in places, I thought Hawk was going to choke laughing several times.

An interesting venue on Day 2, perhaps next time along with "please bring pitches" you could also ask coaches: "please bring your own toilet seat and paper."
And knives. And baseball bats. And guns. I swear that local at the bar fancied Merrick.

Thank you to my opponents, especially Frogboy and Merrick for two outstanding games at the end.

Who's turning 40 next?

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.