Waterbowl 2017, Feb 18-19, Stockport

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Re: Waterbowl 2017, Feb 18-19, Stockport

Post by Indigo »

All booked up and paid. First BB tourney in two years :)

Reason: ''
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Indigo wrote:All booked up and paid. First BB tourney in two years :)
Awesome! It'll be good to see you, Indi

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

It is amazing what disenfranchisement can achieve ;)

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

As this will be the first tournament of the year that may qualify for the Scottish Championships please can anybody competing who is Scottish identify themselves to allow us to determine if the minimum number of Scottish attendees is reached for this tournament to count towards the 2017 Scottish Champion?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Whoop!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Garrick wrote:As this will be the first tournament of the year that may qualify for the Scottish Championships please can anybody competing who is Scottish identify themselves to allow us to determine if the minimum number of Scottish attendees is reached for this tournament to count towards the 2017 Scottish Champion?
Me!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Garrick wrote:As this will be the first tournament of the year that may qualify for the Scottish Championships please can anybody competing who is Scottish identify themselves to allow us to determine if the minimum number of Scottish attendees is reached for this tournament to count towards the 2017 Scottish Champion?
AllyRdr was trying to do much the same at the welsh open. He was kinda upset that he was only one short, and you lived in Edinburgh? Apparently you need to live in either Sweden or Glasgow to count as Scottish these days?

I didn't understand that even in Scotland, the unified land of the brave, there is still an east/west divide. You learn something new everyday.

Kinda makes me glad I'm southern, all this politics is getting kinda messy.

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Verbal_HM wrote:
AllyRdr was trying to do much the same at the welsh open. He was kinda upset that he was only one short, and you lived in Edinburgh? Apparently you need to live in either Sweden or Glasgow to count as Scottish these days?

I didn't understand that even in Scotland, the unified land of the brave, there is still an east/west divide. You learn something new everyday.

Kinda makes me glad I'm southern, all this politics is getting kinda messy.
Welsh Open only appears to have had one Scot at it (AllyRdr mispelt as AllyRdy) as Zulu has declared for another country as current captain of the Norwegian Eurobowl team.

Anywhere in the UK when you have two cities in close proximity then there is rivalry between the cities. That is not politics. Politics is that Scotland voted to stay in the EU and England and Wales voted Brexit or Trump is welcome in England (State Visit already offered) but not Scotland (International Ambassador status revoked). ;)

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

I'm kinda half guessing, truth be told.

I honestly thought that team Scotland only had three styles to cross.

1) Be Scottish
2) Be an ex-pat
3) Be somebody who had played for Scotland in competitive BB before

Back in the day when the only one of you who would bother to travel the globe was Doomy? That's when I bumped into 'Team Scotland', his collective bunch of dupes were mostly from Norway as those were the people he went out there to meet.

So if you include the Scottish, the ex-pats, and the people who have already played international BB for 'Team Scotland', the welsh open this year was pretty bloody close to your technical limit of numbers of 'locals' turning up?

I am actually glad to see team Scotland progress past the Doomy days, and start to look at bringing a competitive roster. Shame it took you guys so long to get your act together.

Trust me, after going out drinking with the team Wales captain at the Welsh Open, you guys have nothing to lose.

Dammit, you ended up talking about real 'politrix', there was me talking about plain old simple BB politics. Drafting for National teams is fuvling ugly. It's torn between the people who you would like to play for your team vs who the hell is willing to pay about £500 to play 6 games of BB?

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Have you thought about daffting Mr Fantastic? He's a streamer and brings all kinds of salt along with his ego?

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

@Verbal_HM, I have responded on the Scottish Championship thread as we strayed far from the Waterbowl thread we are on.

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Info from Element Games: there is a £10 pizza & drink offer available, but they need info by next Wednesday (15th) and I would need the payment sending over before then too if you would like to avail yourselves of the offer.

There are 5 Domino's pizzas in the offer:
Original - Cheese & Tomato
Pepperoni - Double Pepperoni
Hawaiian - Ham & Pineapple
Spicy – Jalapeno Peppers & Tandoori Chicken
BBQ - Chicken, Ground Beef, BBQ sauce

These are large pizzas from Domino’s. No customisation can be made to keep the order simple. If none of these float your boat, then you are of course free to arrange your own takeaway (I'll provide some alternate menus/numbers/info for those who would like something else).

Send payment via PayPal to waterbowl@hotmail.co.uk (Friends & Family option). Please include which pizza option you are going for.

Drinks will be available from the bar. You don’t have to have a beer. Options for a drink include:

Soft drinks, Bottled Water, Hot drinks, Bottled Larger (Carlsberg) or a single shot with mixer. Exact list will be available at the bar.

Happy hour will also run from 8pm which includes a reduced price on certain Beers and Doubles for Singles on Spirits. (Happy Hour will also happen on Friday too)

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

I am delighted to see that Bottled Larger Carlsberg is not classified as beer, it is a girl's drink and should not be consumed by blokes even if it is a Larger Lager ;)

Sorry I am going to miss this fine event this time around, I will never forget sipping Baileys as MrNuffle wept "How many ranking points have I lost!" :)

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

Money sent for pizza

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Leipziger wrote:
speedingbullet wrote:Two more Shropshire (SBBL) coaches are interested. Is there a cut off date for entries or a maximum number of coaches?
Re: cut off date, it'd be good to know final numbers a week out at the latest I think.
So, the end of Sunday 12th Feb I'd say.
Goldengate is now paid up and that will be all from the SBBL I think.