Auld World Masters III -13/05 - HAWK WINS!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Auld World Masters III -13/05 - HAWK WINS!

Post by dreamscreator »

Thanks Wobert and Cornish for a great tournament. Thanks to my opponents for a great games plenty of fun. Happy finish unbeaten with 2-2-0. I guess that finishing in the top ten, we'll see.

As a suggestions: bigger tables (obviously) and maybe give all the rubber injuries in the first game to avoid lost time between games. Should be responsibility of the coach make sure your opponent is not trying to cheat you.

The rest for my was perfect. Congrats.

Reason: ''
Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Thanks for an awesome tournament guys, can't wait for the next one!

I'll be delving into my old Citadel Journals and Blood Bowl compendiums to make sure Twelfman and I have some fiendish Blood Blusters questions for next time too... :lol:

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

nightwing wrote:Thanks for an awesome tournament guys, can't wait for the next one!

I'll be delving into my old Citadel Journals and Blood Bowl compendiums to make sure Twelfman and I have some fiendish Blood Blusters questions for next time too... :lol:
First Tournement fighting out a Welsh Camp and you bring home a trophy...

Happy days :D

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Heartsbane
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heartsbane »

A great tournament and lots of fun, many thanks for the (evidently great amount of) preparation put in to make the day run as well as it did.

Bigger tables would be the thing I'd most like to see. The small tables were compounded by a fair number of the boards already down not having compact dug outs on them, so a couple of times we played with just a stack of rerolls and a dice to mark the turn.

Custom mini is a superb touch, and his rules made him lots of fun (if not especially effective) to use.

I really liked just how battered the teams were by game 4, but the variety of different injuries was slightly hard to keep track of, so maybe fewer different types might make it easier on the old grey matter?

A great event, and one I'll be booking early for next year! Many thanks.

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

frogboy wrote:
nightwing wrote:Thanks for an awesome tournament guys, can't wait for the next one!

First Tournement fighting out a Welsh Camp and you bring home a trophy...

Happy days :D
Instant success story. Living in Wales 3 days, suddenly swaggering away with a trophy :lol:

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
thor87
Super Star
Super Star

Post by thor87 »

Great little event, even if the pixies are severely battered and bruised (two of them even came home broken...). I blame Kfoge who managed to pitch clear me twice in the same game with his halflings.

Will be back next year, mostnprobably not with the halflings though...

SquadChaos Captain.
TO of Thrudball
Attemptee of the "Best Painted 29" Challenge (Only Humans to go)
alatos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by alatos »

Late to the party but I would also just like to echo the praise for the event. As my first ever NAF event it was awesome with clearly a massive amount of work going into it.

I would only add to the desire for larger tables, for us newcomers with new miniatures bigger tables means bigger boards means our guys fit a little easier! But other than that it was very manageable and in no way affected a quality day!

Already practicing for next year!

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Thanks for a great time, guys!

larger tables would help, but i understand that is a general problem. I'd probably also add that it would be good if we could ahve collected our sponsorship badges throughout the day, rather than at the end. Maybe as you hand in your results in the final round?

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Quick question - is this one going up on the NAF?

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Hi Naz - yes I just had to run out of the venue before presentations to get a ferry to France. Back last night so just need to validate the NAF numbers and names and then upload. Sorry for the delay- it was mentioned above but got lost. Hope to have it done within next 24hrs.

Chris

NAF Name: Cornish
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Just to keep your appetites lubricated. Don't worry about coach names as we haven't validated the coach names or NAF numbers yet. We'll do a thorough check before upload.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

cornish wrote:Just to keep your appetites lubricated. Don't worry about coach names as we haven't validated the coach names or NAF numbers yet. We'll do a thorough check before upload.
Wow! I finished 5th! So happy :)

Only one thing, I know it's not the final results but I played with Chaos Dwarf ;)

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Yes don't worry - that's all the details we are checking. It's because we moved a couple around on the fly to accommodate drop outs on the morning but didn't get the full register updated.

dannyuk1982
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dannyuk1982 »

Hey Cornish, can I have the 10 points for the Bloodweiser Xtreme Sponsorship (14 cas) added please? :)

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

I can check the master file Danny. Updating the data file tomorrow as I've just received the NAF details from Wobert. We corrected the result from our game (you got the better cas) so it includes that.