Auld World Masters III -13/05 - HAWK WINS!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Glowworm

Re: Auld World Masters III -13/05 - Draw under way!

Post by Glowworm »

Wobert wrote: Will Monkeyjuice claim the rookie wonder award at the 2nd time of asking?

Nope.....

Reason: ''
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Right . . . . . Mrs Wobert upgraded my cup of tea into walking the dog.

Let's get this finished!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

TABLE 18

Only a handful of balls left now so lets shake the sac up a bit and see what pops out . . . .

This ball has the sad whiff of desperation about it . . . . . . the odour of a man clinging on to impossible dreams . . . . . the kind of man who needs to smell the coffee and for the love of Nuffle, play something else. It’s the ball of a man who is (almost) as good as me and yet has zero tournament wins compared to my 4. His ball has the stench of a man who just won’t let go. A man with a sad and terrible obsession, doomed to never be realised and yet he keeps pushing on. His inner monologue would I have no doubt make even the sternest of us have a stiff upper lip moment. This man is broken, he is a husk, a mere shell of his former self. He has sundered himself on the rocky shores of ambition and yet still stares out at the wild ocean with dreams of glory. I could go on and on about this man, I could write war and peace . . . but sadly there is no peace in his petrified soul. This is a man in fact who needs an intervention . . . .a Bloodbowl intervention . . . . he needs his fellow coaches one by one to give him a man hug, to pat his bottom gently (not to mention fondly) and whisper in his ear “Just play something else”. In fact . . . . I want you all to hold this man as if he were your own weeping child, hold him and care for him as you would a tired and confused puppy. That is what he has become and he needs your help . . . all of your help. Many of you won’t know him . . . .17 of you in fact . . . but don’t let that stop you . . . . moving forward 13th May will be forever known as ‘Cuddle Cornish’ day. Don’t be shy, remember you are doing a good and necessary thing (and Glow, before you ask, clothing is not optional, you must wear some).

In case you missed it . . . . it’s Cornish and his Halflings

I have to say . . . I am totally spent now! Sorry Dragonborn, you and your Dwarfs aren’t getting much out of me, it was all used up on Cornish. Maybe save your hug until after the game as he’s clearly going to need it when facing Dwarfs.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

TABLE 19
Two tables left and 4 balls . . . . . . sorry, I’m still broken after the last one . . . . . . I’ve got nothing.

MrPJW is finally out the bag and he is making his NAF debut with Orcs. Sensible choice especially for AWM as the thick armour may help give some protection for the niggles the team carries. A local player, Mr PJW carries the expectations of Cheltenham Warchiefs, although to be fair the Warchiefs have rarely set AWM alight. To a man they have never finished in the top half, but this could be their year!

His first ever NAF opponent is . . . . . .

It’s the classic boxed game match up, humans are out next, coached by GoldenGate. This should be a decent game as GoldenGate, despite being a rookie, has already won a NAF ranked event. Consequently he comes in to this as the red hot favourite for the Rookie Wonder award at AWM as a minimum, I wouldn’t bet against him taking the top prize. Wait . . . I just remembered there are 6 beard teams playing . . . . ok Rookie Wonder it is!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

TABLE 20
Down to the final 2 balls in the bag . . . . . . who do we have?

Starting on the bottom table, one would hope for his sake this is not an omen, is AngryHobbit. For once he has spurned Halflings, Ogres and even Goblins and has taken a sensible team – Lizardmen. All that strength 4 should prove very useful unless . . . . he hasn’t has he . . . . oh dear god. . . . . he has. Sigh. Yes its an all Skink team for Angryhobbit with a little extra star player assistance. He’ll need something low armoured and slow to help him out with that team . . . . .

There is one coach left in the bag, one chap who come bleary eyed after spending countless thousands (of pennies) on the pre-draw show. The image of me cavorting in my speedos and armed with a feather duster will keep him going for weeks and weeks no doubt. Raging82 is the last of the Orc coaches and yet another of our 17 rookies. Starting against a stunty team is about as good a chance as he’s going to get to begin his NAF career with a bang.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

So we're done!

The bag however is not quite empty . . . . . there is one sad and lonely ball left - mine. If anyone drops out between now and next Saturday then I will my Lizards and I will step in.

I will post up all the rosters when I have them . . . . just waiting on a couple although everyone has confirmed their teams - too late to change now.

Before I forget . . . . . . . next Saturday PLEASE BRING A BOARD!. Cornish and I have about 6 between us so we don't have enough. The tables there are small however so please BRING THE OLD SIZED BOARDS AND NOT THE NEW LARGER ONES.

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Fudge.

NAF Name: Cornish
Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Auld World Masters III -13/05 - Draw on pages 12-15

Post by Hawk »

Can you send me a blank roster please mate

Cake Bowl league
Winner: Exiles V, ExeBowl 1 , Auldworld masters
Runner up: Crumb bowl 2, Vault Bowl 2013, Crumb bowl 3, Cakebowl 5, Bunker Bowl IV, AWM 11
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

This hangover math last until next weekend. Ugh.

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

Khemri... khemri and there was i looking forward to snatching the stunty cup from your grasp in the final game ;-)

At least there won't be much tackle on this team

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

I am still waiting on 3 rosters I think . . . if I get them today I will post them all up for you to see.

Injuries continues to be the part that requires a lot more thought on my part. I have a number of rosters without the injuries marked on. To be honest this isn't the end of the world because unlike skills, where you put injuries is not based as much on your opposition. If anyone has not done their injuries until the day itself then I am ok with this (and maybe next year for ease that's what we'll do).

Printed rosters - I am away all of next week and so will not have the time to print off all your rosters. If you can bring your own then do so. I know there are 4 or 5 who have asked me to print theirs. If anyone else needs me to please say as I won't be printing them all as standard.

We may have a small issue with the badges for the sponsorship deals in that most of you have gone Bloodweiser! It should be ok, you only get a badge if you complete your deal and as so many of you have gone Xtreme you can't all do it . . . . right? With a few deals left to declare, it looks like this . . .

Orca Cola Lite 3
Orca Cola Regular 2
Orcs Cola Xtreme 4
Bloodweiser Lite 5
Bloodweiser Regular 1
Bloodweiser Xtreme 17
Ded Bull Lite 1
Ded Bull Regular 1
Ded Bull Xtreme 2

So almost half of you think you will inflict 14 casualties or more in this tournament - that should be interesting!

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

I'm planning on inflicting 14 CAS in game 1 :P lol

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

I'm going to murder Hawk, not in the game, in the carpark!!

besters

Post by besters »

glowworm wrote:I'm going to murder Hawk, not in the game, in the carpark!!
Can we watch?

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

besters wrote:
glowworm wrote:I'm going to murder Hawk, not in the game, in the carpark!!
Can we watch?
you can help.....