The Elflympic Games || 03/12/16, Yate || Wobert wins!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: The Elflympic Games || 3rd December, 2016, Yate

Post by Wobert »

I think if anything slows games up it will be the high score lines. There could be an awful lot of set ups for those 3-3 and 4-4 games which the rule set is trying to encourage.

Reason: ''
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Wobert wrote:I think if anything slows games up it will be the high score lines. There could be an awful lot of set ups for those 3-3 and 4-4 games which the rule set is trying to encourage.
But nobody is taking elves

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

frogboy wrote:Leave that rubbish to the pansy long hairs.
glowworm wrote:I'm asking as I've seen the list of attendees and there are a couple who may need reminding it's 4 games / 1 day, not 1 game / 4 days...
With long hair and a complete lack of awareness of time, I resemble both those remarks... :o

Glow, Bring your underworld team and we can play our league game(s) between matches! :wink:

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

You know, someone has complained that my Ogres are a little filthy.

It's not filth.

Just dried blood. Elf blood. :)

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

PM sent

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Guys, got to say I dislike the publishing of rosters before the event, and I'm actually serious!

I know of at least two people who are changing thier roster in response to the "ogre" roster and another who is potentially changing races!

I understand some find it fun, and the Meta-Game is important, however the suprise of playing these rosters is now missing.....

I shall not be revieling my Dark Elf roster before Saturday morning.....

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

The publishing of rosters is purely on a voluntary basis. I've messaged people when I receive their roster asking if they'd be interested in having their roster published, and many have chosen to keep it secret - which is totally fine! It's mostly to help build interest and atmosphere before the big day. A few of the rosters I've uploaded on the website have changed already as well, a whimsical lot are these Blood Bowlers!

And if you change your roster purely to deal with one person bringing ogres, you're going to have a bad day!

Dionysian
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Dionysian »

glowworm wrote:I know of at least two people who are changing thier roster in response to the "ogre" roster and another who is potentially changing races!

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

I'm glad of seeing some of the rosters! If I'd taken what I was planning to take I'd have had absolutely zero fun.

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

None of those rosters are making me think about changing anything, so huzzah! No reroll needed for piling on, right ;)

(its a bluff)

(or is it the double bluff...)

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Murbo scare puny humans?

I like the way this works. The publishing of rosters is all about the fluff and is just super fun.

Personally, I've just been reassured that every one else has been as crazy as me!

Idk.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I think releasing rosters is better if there's a date to submit a week before then they are released all at once with no chance to change.

I do like the right ups on each one though. Adds to the humour, AWM did this before I think it was...

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Yeah we aske for the rosters in a week early . . . . do the game one draw and a silly write up to go with it (I think the Elylimpics write up is very good btw) and then post all of the rosters at once. When you have crazy rule sets like this part of the element is the surprise as people can do so much with it. My own preference would not to have been to drip feed them onto the site when some people haven't submitted yet.

With so few actual Elf teams attending it'll be interesting to see if an Elf team actually survives long enough to get any passes off. I am almost tempted to switch to an Elf team to support the theme of the tournament . . . . almost.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

J_Bone wrote:I'm glad of seeing some of the rosters! If I'd taken what I was planning to take I'd have had absolutely zero fun.

This.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Isn't that an argument for?

The other thing to watch for is that the rosters that have been published are from the...aah...sillier end of the spectrum. People who are playing to win are keeping things close to their chest. I suspect an Elfish silent majority.

Or at least significant minority.

Only time will tell!