Exiles Open Cat o' 9 Tails - 9/10 Sept 2017 - Gorgoroth wins

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Exiles Open Cat o' 9 Tails - 9/10 Sept 2017 - Gorgoroth

Post by Darkson »

"Booty"

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
thor87
Super Star
Super Star

Post by thor87 »

Great event, great opponents, great venue, great food.

Nothing even remotely bad to say about this event.

I won't be recommending it to anyone though, but that is only to ensure I can get a spot at exiles 10 next year! Lol

SquadChaos Captain.
TO of Thrudball
Attemptee of the "Best Painted 29" Challenge (Only Humans to go)
Fishbuckle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fishbuckle »

Hi all

Thought I'd pop by and say thanks to Al for organising the tournament and everyone else for making it a great experience. It was indeed my first, and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from the whole thing (my only previous experience of tournaments being Magic ones many years ago). But I was frankly amazed by how friendly and welcoming everyone was. It was one of the best gaming experiences that I've had in ages. So a big thank you my opponents, especially Thor for tolerating my blundering through our first game and lending me some useful markers for the weekend.

I'll be back next year. With a different team. And an aim to finish better than last. :)

Cheers
Fishbuckle

thor87
Super Star
Super Star

Post by thor87 »

Fishbuckle wrote:Hi all

Thought I'd pop by and say thanks to Al for organising the tournament and everyone else for making it a great experience. It was indeed my first, and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from the whole thing (my only previous experience of tournaments being Magic ones many years ago). But I was frankly amazed by how friendly and welcoming everyone was. It was one of the best gaming experiences that I've had in ages. So a big thank you my opponents, especially Thor for tolerating my blundering through our first game and lending me some useful markers for the weekend.

I'll be back next year. With a different team. And an aim to finish better than last. :)

Cheers
Fishbuckle
Always good to meet new players on the tournament scene, hope.to see you at more events in the near future. Make sure you check out Thorball and Thrudball

SquadChaos Captain.
TO of Thrudball
Attemptee of the "Best Painted 29" Challenge (Only Humans to go)
FluffytheAlien
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FluffytheAlien »

Fishbuckle wrote:Hi all

Cheers
Fishbuckle
Ha I did tell you that tournaments are a whole new ballgame.
Such a awesome atmosphere that makes playing bloodbowl truly epic.
So yes a massive thanks to Al and all the ones involved in setting up this tournament. :)
A quick question though. Is the second table of results the correct one? Did I manage to finish 11th or, as in the original result page, 13th? ;)
Cheers

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

The second table is correct, you ended 11th. I forgot to take SoS into account. I'll edit the first awards post.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Thanks to all my opponents for some great games and Al for running the whole thing.

The venue was excellent and the food was outstanding, if an extra fiver means we get to have that roast dinner again next year it's totally worth it!

Shepherd for the Wales team
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Unlikely I know, but did anyone pick up a NAF Fame shield? Seem to have mislaid mine, and the last time I used it was at Exiles. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I had a good look around the train after everyone had gone and, for the first time ever I think, there was no lost property on the train.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95