ALBION COAST CUP XIII JULY 8/9 2017 Southampton

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

lemf
Veteran
Veteran

Re: ALBION COAST CUP XIII JULY 8/9 2017 Southampton

Post by lemf »

Enjoy the tennis dude

Reason: ''
Cheers
Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

Sorry to do this but I also will have to drop out

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

Ok mate

See anyone who is still coming tomorrow 930!

"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
Raging82
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Raging82 »

I'll be there buddy. ( I've already been to the venue and back, just so I know where it is and that I can leave my car there tomorrow night )

Captain of team Ireland

some people manage stress with yoga, meditation and long walks..... i choose to play blood bowl.
molmutius
Rookie
Rookie

Post by molmutius »

Double checked the route. See you tomorrow.

Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

Congrats to kfoged for a 5/1/0 winning record and for Juck who took him close in round six. He came third, rubick second and I'm exhausted lol. Full results tomorrow

Big thanks to radster for being a great co-host and Paul Clark for getting stuck in without being asked in the kitchen etc

Thanks also to fistful of dice in southsea, and warhammer Southampton for help with prizes

"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Great stuff, congrats Kfoged and enjoy a well-earned rest Robin!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Great event as usual, despite my miserable demeanor games 1 through 4!
Not taking Slann again!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by KFoged »

I cannot even remember when i last time played a progress tournament (must be over 10 years ago!)

I was an absolutely awesome experience and I hope that i can be back next year for more fun.

Thanks to radster and Blocknroll for all your hard work running it. Quit a task when you also have to play at the same time!

Also a big thanks to my 6 opponents (and everybody else). It was awesome to play both old friends and new friends :)

Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

Well the dust has settled, the score file is wending its way through the ether and i've double checked all the standings
as you will recall positions were based on overall score (2/1/0) and then head to head, then opponent score and actually we had some ties there so went with combined td/cas difference as final arbiter.

We had 16 different races, with orcs the most popular (5) , the only other multiples being 2 skaven, 2 dwarf 2 amazon, 2 slann
so 19 orc haters took 15 different races between them

interestingly Thor87 had the toughest schedule, with lemf and kfoged tied for second toughest just one point below thor.

1st Place Kfoged 11/43 Amazons (points and opponent score)
2nd Place Rubick 9/41 Undead
3rd Place Juck101 9/39 Skaven
4th Place Gimli01 8/41 Dwarf
5th Place Radster 8/36 Orc
6th Place Lycos 8/36 Orc
7th Place Itchen 8/33 Lizardmen
8th Place Moodygit 7/33 Chaos
9th Place thor87 6/44 Amazon
10th Place Besters 6/39 Skaven
11th Place Lemf 6/43 Pro Elf
12th Place Cyrus-Havoc 6/36 Khemri
13th Place Raging82 6/32 Orc
14th Place vmcat 5/41 Underworld
15th Place Darkson 5/40 Slann
16th Place coreboar 5/40 Slann
17th Place PaulClark 5/36 Orc
18th Place grumbledook 5/34 Vampires
19th Place Blocknroll 5/31 Orc
20th Place Sabellida 5/26 Wood Elf
21st Place Belafon 4/26 Dwarf
22nd Place Molmutius 3/33 Necro
23rd Place bunjiballs 3/33 Dark Elf
24th Place illusioncjg 1/28 Human

Touchdowns went to Itchen who was tied with Juck on 14 scored

Casualties went to PaulClark who did 18

Thor took best painted

We had a bunch of coaches at their first tourney which is cool, the tournament signed up 2 new NAF members and I know there a couple of others at least making their debut. We will be back next year, same venue, max capacity 26 date TBC very soon

* Moodygit completed the 24, and Darkson did it for the second time. Congrats (ive got Nurgle and flings to go!)

2009-2022
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

NAF results uploaded, give it some time for button to be pushed :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

Good tournamnet, great venue and organisation, 6 good games, had fun.

Got to view two air ambulances in action on the wy home, hopemthe people are ok, didn't look good.

thor87
Super Star
Super Star

Post by thor87 »

Thanks Blocknroll for a great event, shame it's probably the only ACC I can make as the usual date always clashes with reenactment.

Interesting about the strength of schedule. Wish I would have known about the possibility of coming 2nd in my lastbgame, might not have tried some of the crazy bull crap that I did... Lol.

First event of the new South East Tournament Series. More details to come on a new post.

SquadChaos Captain.
TO of Thrudball
Attemptee of the "Best Painted 29" Challenge (Only Humans to go)
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Urgh! I knew Slann wasn't a favourable team, but that was horrible!

Game 1 vs Juck (Skaven): Juck has been around on TFF for almost as long as I have (2003) [Edit: almost as long, I unfairly aged him by a year ;)], but he'd not played a lot of tournaments, so this was the first time I met him. Worried about his 4 Gutter Runners, I set about trying to beat up his team, whilst dealing with my own team falling over a lot. In managed to score in 6 after turning him over, and he replied with a 2-turn score to level the game. By half time I'd caused 8 KOs but no injuries, all of who returned. He broke my armour once, so a Serious Injury (ACC uses "normal" rules, so injuries carry over - this was a recurring theme!). A score a piece in the 2nd half meant it finished 2-2, and I suffered another injury in the process, meaning I had 9 fit players for the next game - enter the Journeymen. Score 2-2, 0-3. Block on a Catcher.

Game 2 vs Gimli01 (Dwarf): Not the best match-up when trying to recover a team. Gimli was a nice opponent and I enjoyed the game (for the most part, apart from when my own team let me down), but there were a few rules issues, as he had only played BB2016 (I believe) and he got a few things wrong that I had to point out, which might have made me come over a bit of an ass (Leap, Diving Tackle, and some things that are in the NAF doc, such as pre-game, which shows the difficulty the NAF guys are having to deal with at the moment)*. In the first 3 turns I managed to break Dwarf armour 6 times(!) but couldn't roll higher than a 8, which due to their Thick Skull meant I didn't even KO any of them. Game is a bit of a blur, but I recall being turned over, then re-turning him over to get the score at the half, but by this time I was down to 9 players again (another 2 Serious Injuries). Tried my best to stop the score in the 2nd half, but not enough bodies, although I did finally manage to cause a Cas. Surprisingly, my teams abject failure didn't put him off wanting to make a team of his own! Score 1-1, 1-2. Wrestle on a Blitzer.
* Then the was the one I got wrong in the game, when he kept trying to get me to flip a coin, and I couldn't understand why! Been so long playing with the "roll a dice to see who kicks" I completely forgot that the rules state a coin-toss - sorry!

Game 3 vs Thor (Amazons): Again just 11 players (2 Journeymen) against a skilled up Amazon team, who also had a missing skill! Due to my expensive players, I got no inducements. Game started well, as I managed to Cas two 'zons in the first 2 turns, but it went downhill after that as I couldn't roll the elusive POWs I needed, whereas Thor regularly got the Block/Pow/Pow! he needed against me. With my player going off the pitch regularly it was impossible to stop the score. Worse, my Wrestle Blitzer took a -1ST injury and I stupidly forgot I had an Apo. Finished the game with 9 fit players - still needing Journeymen. Score 0-2, 2-2. Block on a Blitzer.

So day 1 was 0-2-1, a beat up team (10 players and carrying two injuries) and feeling on a downer.

Game 4 vs Moodygit (Chaos): Hooray, could have spent another 2 hours at home. ;)) Had a bad feeling as I can always seem to beat Gary in league or practise games and yet when we play at tournaments he always has the better results (6th game). Not really a lot to say about this - when Gary says "sorry, your dice have really been bad in this game" you know you've had a bad time! :lol: Only 2 highlights for me -1) Gary doing his usual "no injuries" thing and 2) me killing his Mino on a throwaway Block (which he Apo'd), just as I'd done in a practise game. Back to 10 players, so only 1 Journeyman now. Score 0-2, 1-0. Couple of Block Catchers.
At this point, feeling thoroughly depressed I went to the local Tesco and bought some cider.

Game 5 vs Sabellida (Wood Elf): Fully expecting to get beat, I continued to consume cider all the way through the game. Alice was another new-ish player, and she made a few positioning mistakes, that her team made up for by refusing to fail dodges, even when going through Tackle Zones past the Krox and the Blitzer! Some hard work and some lucky dice managed to allow me to turn her over and score, then to prevent the equaliser in the first half. Second half I received, and the ball then changed hands about 4 or 5 turns, before a failed 2D block gave me the room to be able get the 2nd score. The Elves tried to get a consolation, but numbers and some bad dice stopped that. Although the Elves caused no Cas a Catcher did decide to injure himself on a failed dodge, so he got cut, meaning I was back to 2 Journeymen. Had 150k in the bank, but as that wasn't enough to get me above 11 players decided to save the money for the last game and maybe induce someone. Score 2-0, 2-0. Dodge on a Block Catcher.

Game 6 vs Blocknroll (Orcs): At least I knew I'd have a fun game vs Robin, as we always have a laugh when we play. He was the overdog (13 players and skills), but decided not to spend his 50k on a Babe, so I induced Helmut Wulf, hoping to put his chainsaw to good use against the Orc armour. Received, and in the opening turn I killed the Troll, who sadly regen'd. At this point Robin decided he wished he'd bought an Apo. Also managed to KO the Thrower. Had to score in my 6, as it looked like I might risk losing a couple of players if I didn't, which gave Robin 3 turns to score, which he did - thankfully I didn't need to bring Helmet on at this stage. 2nd half, Robin received and gathered the ball. I knocked down his Mighty Blow Blitzer, and declared a chainsaw-fuelled foul. A few seconds later Helmet is off to the Injured box, having chainsawed himself in the face - an excellent use of inducements there! Robin made his way downfield, but my insistence of leaping into his cage and one-dicing the ball carrier (twice) meant he scored in his 7, giving me two turns to reply. He did manage to injure my 2nd Catcher before doing so, which my Apo decided not to help (git!). He set up, and bought on the Goblin to give him the option of a Throw-Teammate, and I set up, having to leave two linemen downfield to get the ball. A deep kick mean I needed a miracle (given my dice) and I got it, as the pair of linemen managed to make a pass and had-off to give the catcher the ball. A successful turn of leaping and dodging meant I marked as many of the orcs as I could, but the catcher was on his own halfway up the pitch. Robin moved who he could, then blitzed the ball carrier, but only got a push. He tried to move the goblin up to make the dodge worse, but he decided to face plant and kill himself. A 2+ dodge later and it was all over. Score 2-2, 1-3.

Overall, despite my moodiness (that Gary claimed copyright on :twisted: ) I enjoyed it, but the ARBBL tradition of not causing Cas came back to haunt me here. In a resurrection event it's not so bad, but when it actually effects your team, it hurt - if a few of the KOs & amour breaks had been Cas against the Skaven and/or Dwarfs it might have not only made the difference in those games, but given me some much needed skills. Of course, I wasn't helped by 5 of the first 7 injuries I took being Serious, rather than Badly Hurt (obviously the ARBBL tradition in reverse!). Final result, 1-3-2.

Will be back next year (rota permitting), but not with Slann! Maybe a nice, safe all-lineman Dwarf team. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

tl;dr version - I suck, Slann suck, Blood Bowl sucks. When's the next one?