Chaos Cup: Games Day Chicago

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Poxous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poxous »

Skummy wrote:I also happen to know that the GT winners got a free ticket to this tournament as well. If they're not able to make it, I'd expect to see their tickets for sale.
Too bad this was a rumor. GW only 'holds' a spot for those who win GT tournies. If they paid for it I was going but I can't dish out the cash to go on my own( too many WFB GTs to go too insteed!!!). :cry:

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

give up warhammer blood bowl is where its at, you can play it pissed

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Poxous wrote:
Skummy wrote:I also happen to know that the GT winners got a free ticket to this tournament as well. If they're not able to make it, I'd expect to see their tickets for sale.
Too bad this was a rumor. GW only 'holds' a spot for those who win GT tournies. If they paid for it I was going but I can't dish out the cash to go on my own( too many WFB GTs to go too insteed!!!). :cry:
Actually ... the GenCon Bowl has a free ticket to the Chaos Cup AND free admission to Games Day Chicago as one of its prizes. ... not a held place ... a real free ticket.

Galak

Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

I'm gonna try real hard to have my sh*t together and go to the Chaos Cup. It's only a 3 hour hyperspace jump from Endor.

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Ewoks are what you get when Jawas mate with squirrels.

Have fun!
Poxous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poxous »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Poxous wrote:
Actually ... the GenCon Bowl has a free ticket to the Chaos Cup AND free admission to Games Day Chicago as one of its prizes. ... not a held place ... a real free ticket.

Galak

Real nice of GenCon... too bad GW isn't that nice :wink:

Poxous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poxous »

Grumbledook wrote:give up warhammer blood bowl is where its at, you can play it pissed
I can't! Not until I win several GTs!!!

I play WFB pissed too.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Poxous wrote:Real nice of GenCon... too bad GW isn't that nice :wink:
Actually GW is providing them. I asked really nicely many,many months ago if they would. The GenCon Bowl has a lot of sponser ... why because it never hurts to ask ... as long as you only ask once a year and you give a lot back in return.

Galak

Poxous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poxous »

Typical GW... Why hook up people at BB 'GTs'??? I'll never understand ...

Tim Huckelbery
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tim Huckelbery »

Tickets are on sale now:
http://www.games-workshop.com/news/us/e ... ickets.htm

We've only sold around 25 of the 48 so far, so it doesn't look like selling out is a problem right now. We have made preparations to expand to upwards of 100 if needed. If it's only a couple dozen playing I may join myself, the trophy we're having made up is looking very nice :)

If there are any questions about the event, drop me a line!

Tim "Hivemind" Huckelbery
Blood Bowl Brand Manager
Games Workshop America
hivemind@games-workshop.com
Visit us at http://www.games-workshop.com