Dutch Open: Trash Talk!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Thadrin wrote:
So the Highland 'fling, Convict Decendant, Morg look-and-think-alike and the rest of you can all rest easy knowing that the truly gifted players are saving it for the big one.
Once again I am left to guess that Thadrin may be referring to me as a Highland Halfling...

shame that a dispossessed cockney of dubious lineage who claims a spurious descent to my own nation should throw such small slanders from the relative safety of the back of beyond...

Still, Thad's is probably still :pissed: that he as the ONLY player I actually managed to beat at T5... :lol:

I guess we all know who the better Dwarf coach is, eh? :wink:

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Yes, we know who the best Dwarf coach is. The one who won more games at Tulip than anyone else did...and you only beat me on one of the luckiest sets of rolls this side of Longfang.
(You're right about the back of beyond thing though.)

As for missing the Dutch open...wish I could be there, so the wistful part is at least accurate. Unfortunately the man from el banko he say "don't even think about it".
I'll be putting up...again...at the Blood Bowl. Feel free to lose to me - again - then.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Thadrin wrote: I'll be putting up...again...at the Blood Bowl. Feel free to lose to me - again - then.
I don't understand Thads... I have NEVER lost to you, unlike the rest of the T5 coaches... :lol:

I'll be seeing YOU in Nottingham, though I don't expect to meet any real Scots.. :P

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Sorry - lose to me again part aimed at our tattooed colleague.
You are just plain going to lose to me.
(and - just so we're straight here - I am totally eligible to play for the Scottish Football team. Unlikely I'll ever get Bertie giving me a call though. You might of course get called up...if they ever run out of balls. That I had the misfortune to be raised in a Godawful corner of England is neither here nor there.)

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

You might of course get called up...if they ever run out of balls.

Well, at least you recognise that I am ballsier than you.. ;-)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Shaped more like a ball anyway.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Thadrin wrote:I'll be putting up...again...at the Blood Bowl. Feel free to lose to me - again - then.
...then bog off to a Blood Bowl thread and post your crap there....this don't concern you! Feeling a little left out perchance? :P

(And the way my luck went that game at Tulips, a decent coach would have ran up a 3-0 or 4-0 win..both our game reports are there in the archives for all to read... :roll: )

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Oh boy am I looking forward to see you all next weekend

If the talk continues this way we'll have lots of fun even before we played any, or talked about BB

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

For the record:

<flame off>

(1) I borrowed Norse's team because I was backpacking for a couple of weeks beforehand and didn't want to lug the miniatures with me. I offered to bring my Skaven regardless if it was going to be an issue but was assured that he had some Undead I could use "no worries"

(2) They were very snazzy miniatures and I'm both grateful and honoured to have been able to have played with them.

(3) Norse lost to me 4-0 at T5 mostly because of a pitch invasion to start the match. I rolled well for the injuries and he ended up short of players. He didn't have a chance to show his mettle after that

(4) I'm looking forward to playing Norse again on a level playing field. He's a good coach, should be a good match.

(5) My ancestry is made up of Convicts, Geordies, Kiwi sheep shaggers and Chinese Rapists. Take your pick for the next round of sledging.

(6) There's some quality coaches coming and the matches are going to be close. Should be a great tournament.

<flame on>

Bring
It
On

Right, As you were.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Aw.... that's ruined it!!

Turning off the flame is not allowed.. we're not girl guides you know! :P

PS Thanks for the kindly remarks about my models... I thought your coaching was very good too... :o

PPS Let's all just be friends :D

PPPS I wouldn't have loaned you my nice team if I'd known you would win the whole thing and redecorate my Dwarves in the process. When we spoke on the phone before hand you said you were "an inexperienced coach" and I took pity on you... :cry:

PPPPS I wont let that happen again! :evil: :lol:

PPPPPS See y'all Saturday! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

You don't watch a lot of interviews with Australian Cricketers do you? Always big up your opponent before you rip them a new one.... Makes it sting even worse :D

And I was inexperienced with Undead. I hadn't played a game with them in 3 years before the Tulips. I just got no goddamn competition at that tournament. :roll:

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Ya Boo Sucks! :evil:
Norse: Saturday mate? Not up for a pre-tourney pint on Fri evening then?
Ya tight Scottish bastard! :D

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Marcus wrote: I just got no goddamn competition at that tournament. :roll:
Didn't play me is why.... :P

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Marcus wrote: I just got no goddamn competition at that tournament. :roll:
Thats cos you didn't get to play the better dwarf team :)

<actually being serious for a mo>
Have a great one boys. May the most downright underhanded, sneaky and brutal man win. Wish I could be a part of it. Whoever comes last gets the first TBB round in at Bugmans.
<stops being serious again.>

Your mothers were hamsters, and your fathers smell of elderberries.
and you're all pish.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

playing on Friday sounds good to me!

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/