Hard6 Superbowl I- 11th Feb 2017, London

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

HadrielCaine
Rookie
Rookie

Hard6 Superbowl I- 11th Feb 2017, London

Post by HadrielCaine »

20 players, 4 rounds, one day, Islington, London. £20, lunch included.

http://www.hard6.co.uk/events.html

The Event:

We wanted to try and bring some of the experiences we have had from AoS events to the Bloodbowl pitch and try to encourage players to paint their teams to a decent standard and put effort into what we believe is more than just an “on the pitch” game. We want players to have fun and worry less about winning their matches and more about having an enjoyable day and enjoyable games against opponents who are as much about the hobby as they are about winning! Don’t get us wrong though, winning the event is still by far the top accolade but finishing last with the best painted team will still be a great achievement.

EDIT VENUE CHANGED DUE TO POPULARITY OF EVENT AND REQUIREMENT OF SPACE, IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
The Hard6 Superbowl will take place at the “SPIT AND SAWDUST" 21 Bartholomew Street, London SE1 4AL, London on 11th Februrary 2017. It will consist of 4 games over 1 day with lunch included. The Superbowl is limited to 24 players but this may be increased to 30. To reserve your place just purchase a ticket. If you want to reserve a place without paying then please email me at the following address, places will however go to players who have paid. Tickets are £20 and can be purchased via PAYPAL to jayhopkinson@gmail.com and for this you get:m and for this you get:

Custom set of dice including block dice along with hard6 dice that are yours FOREVER!!!

Lunch

Excellent prize support for the following categories:

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place

Most Valuable Player (the individual player out of all the teams that picks up the most MVP points)

Best painted team

Best Stadium

Runner up Best painted team

Most Sporting Player

Bloodiest Team (team that causes the most injuries)

Spot prizes for the 4 games

Comp:

All teams must be chosen from the newly released “Bloodbowl Death Zone season 1 handbook”.

EDIT: OR ONE OF THE 14 TEAMS FROM THE GW TEAMS OF LEGEND PDF.

Players are able to spend 1,100,000 Gold Pieces on their team.

You may pick TWO skills to add to your team for free but they are not allowed to be added to the same player.

Injuries will NOT carry over to the next game.

3 Minute turns will be enforced (although not strictly). If you suffer a turnover in your turn for example and your next turn takes 4 minutes it's fine.

The “illegal Procedures” rule will not be in effect for the movement of turn counters.

Enducements are not allowed.

After each game your opponent must pick one of your players as the MVP that play will get to roll on the skill table. If you won the game you may modify the result by 1.

Players will be required to bring the following:

Two Team Rosters

1 Painted Team (3 colours and based minimum standard)

THAT’S IT!!!!

Everything else will be supplied including boards dice and templates. If you want to bring a pitch you have made then feel free to do so and you will have your pitch judged along with the other pitches for the accolade of “Best Stadium”

There will be soft scoring at the event and the entire scoring system is here for you to see. There are a total of 21pts available over the weekend

Scoring:

Win – 3pts

Draw – 1pt

Loss – 0

Winning a game by 4 or more touchdowns – 1pt (this accolade is only available twice however it will be used to tiebreak the event in the case of a dead heat)

Painting: (one of the following)

Beautiful – 3pts

Extra effort – 2pts

Minimum Standard – 1pt

Submitting your CORRECT team roster via email by the required date – 1pt

Sports Votes

Each player will start the event on 3 Sports points, if ONE opponent complains about you then you will get away with it, however after the first complaint you will lose 1pt per game. We really hope that this doesn’t come up as we are all adults and we fully expect all players to get all 3pts here.

Reason: ''
yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Hard6 Superbowl I- 11th Feb 2017, London

Post by yogi »

hi,
just to double check as im a little confused with the team choices available wanted to double check i understand this so there are only 9 teams to choose from rather then the 21 or 24 (if you include slann, chaos pact and underworld).
cheers yogi
EDIT: can players skill from points outside of the mvp so by td,comp,cas,int? also mvp opponents choice will end up being linemen most games i imagine.

i am interested just wanted to double check over a few bits.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

When you say 2 skills . . . I that any 2 skills (a Double roll) or Normal skills?

Will you be trying to get NAF approved?

gumbi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gumbi »

Thanks for organising this, I'll be there as its very close to home and just 1 day.

In addition to Wobert's question about the starting skills I would like to know how the MVP system works a bit more.
HadrielCaine wrote: Most Valuable Player (the individual player out of all the teams that picks up the most MVP points)

After each game your opponent must pick one of your players as the MVP that play will get to roll on the skill table. If you won the game you may modify the result by 1.
I think this could lead to some weird behaviour making people pick. Nice guys will pick the star player on the team already (leading to the prize), gamers will pick the lineman justifying it as some obscure play. perhaps it could be based on star player points instead? or some system using the D3 to randomly select with players nominated by both coaches?

Modifying the skill table roll on a win is interesting, this makes powerful AG and ST increases much more likely. (AG from 1/12 to 1/6, Str from 1/36 to 1/12).

Also, the difference between basic and beautiful painting is huge. It is pretty much a win which is massive in a 4 game event. No one will finish last with a best painted team. How does it work if you had your team commission painted? ;) Personally I would prefer to see a system like Sports used for painting (3pts for basic, with the best painted prize up for grabs if you want to compete for it).

Anyway, only my suggestions, I'll be there regardless.

Chris

hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

Hi Guys thanks for the feedback.

I will try and answer your points as best I can.

We asked about NAF and in this instance the event will not be NAF, the reason for this is that it is our first event and we want it to be friendly and to attract players new and old. If it is NAF then the level of competitiveness increases which may not be fun for new bloodbowl players. We do understand the importance of NAF but we feel the prize support far outweighs any ranking system and the winner walking away with gift vouchers and a trophy is better than some rankings points.

Again not allowing the 24 teams is to stop new players that have only purchased the new bloodbowl box and deathzone being overwhelmed with rules and skills they are not familiar with.

Skills: the 2 skills that you may pick are ANY of the skills in the deathzone book. We may edit the comp slightly in order to stop meta gaming.

If you only have certain models and not one of the teams in "death zone season 1" we are allowing "counts as" models this time so you could bring a norse team and run it as humans for example.

I hope this answers your questions even if it isn't what you wanted to hear but like I said it is our first bloodbowl event and we want to keep it friendly and fun for anyone who has just got back into bloodbowl so they are not "put off" ever going to an event again.

Jay Hopkinson
www.hard6.co.uk

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

hard6 wrote:Skills: the 2 skills that you may pick are ANY of the skills in the deathzone book. We may edit the comp slightly in order to stop meta gaming.
Awesome to see people running tournaments, thanks for all your efforts. BB is a different beast from Warhammer and 40K though, and your rules do bear the hallmarks of some of the ... well not mistakes, but undue concerns perhaps we were having 14 years ago when we first started NAF tournaments. For example, there is no meta gaming to worry about in BB, it is internally balanced. Whereas allowing people to make skill rolls (and modified ones at that) will just means the first person to roll +ST wins.

I live in London and used to be the NAF rep for the UK, so if you ever want to discuss things drop me a PM.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

Coach Signed up:

1. Nick Tolfree - PAID
2. Chris Delaney - PAID
3. Seb Grose-Hodge - PAID
4. Matt Hinton
5. Sean Gill - PAID
6. Dave Sweeting
7. Owyn Abram
8. Alex Ley - PAID
9. Tom Hayward - PAID
10. Rob Fellman - PAID
11. Blair Gray - PAID
12. Tom Lloyn
13. Rob Bradley
14. Tom Arnold - PAID
15. Vincent Liu - PAID
16. Jai Channa
17. George Newbold - PAID
18. Chris Jones - PAID

Reserves (potential space increase)

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Good on you HadrielCaine / Hard6 for hosting a new BB Tournament, especially as it is looking to assist introduce new players to our wonderful hobby :) Please dont be put off by comments seemingly spamming your thread, and carry on as you were. If it were me I'd be tempted to start a new 'clean' thread to better reach your target audience.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Back on topic - it's a minor point, but for the complete list of teams (that I believe you want to use), you need the box rules, DZ season 1 AND teams of legend. At the moment DZ1 teams are not mentioned.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

HadrielCaine wrote:Sports Votes

Each player will start the event on 3 Sports points, if ONE opponent complains about you then you will get away with it, however after the first complaint you will lose 1pt per game. We really hope that this doesn’t come up as we are all adults and we fully expect all players to get all 3pts here.
I ask this, as every event I've been to that tried to use "sportsmanship" has seen some sort of problem. What constitutes a complaint? For example, deliberate cheating, no problem, but what about if little Jimmy, a new orc player, plays a vet - the vet lets Jimmy score in two turns "because scoring is cool" then proceeds to grind and stall for the rest of the turn and all the 2nd half. Little Jimmy complains - would that count against you?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'm going to move some of these comments to their own thread to tidy this one up, so please don't be alarmed if you see posts disappear.

Posts moved to viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43495
If you think a post should be moved there or shouldn't have been moved from here please send me a PM.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

Player List Updated

HadrielCaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by HadrielCaine »

Please check the first post if you're attending, or thinking of attending! We've moved to a slightly larger venue in London so make sure you have the right address. Getting very excited now, just over a month to go!

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Awesome work guys, hope you have a blast! Looks like at least one guy from my league in London is going so will be nice to make a link with some more London BBers! :)

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Rich J
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rich J »

Payment sent :)