NAF rules for Tournaments 1st Feb 2017 (updated)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: NAF rules for Tournaments 1st Feb 2017

Post by frogboy »

Oooh this is interesting, so i understand about not being able to field more than 16 players, but as an example forget about tournaments a minute...

If a team has space, I'm sure the rules say a team can only have two Star players somewhere, they can have Brick & Grotty plus another Star though right? like in a friendly using the core rules??

Separate question, are we allow to disallow Star Players at NAF events and still get sanctioned? There was a bit of a discussion on facebook that I half followed yesterday. I know we have to allow all 24 teams, just wondering about Stars.

Thanks for the answers also, only going into my second event so all news to me.

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

All inducements are optional at Naf tournaments.
At TO discretion.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

frogboy wrote:If a team has space, I'm sure the rules say a team can only have two Star players somewhere, they can have Brick & Grotty plus another Star though right? like in a friendly using the core rules??
You can have 0-2 Star Players, if you have roster space, then Brick & Grotty have their own addition - "(Note: you must have 2 slots open on your roster to induce this duo which counts only as one Star Player inducement)". So yes, you could have B&G and another Star, but only if you had 13 or less players.

Out of interest (not having DZ2) how much are the Swift twins? 340k+? Given that most events are about 1.1mill, and most say you have to have 11 players before Stars, then I wouldn't be that worried. Would the Twins + 11 linemen (of whatever elf race) be that good?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Rolex wrote:All inducements are optional at Naf tournaments.
At TO discretion.
I always assumed that meant as an "all-or-nothing" approach. So if I allowed Stars I had to allow them all, if I allowed cards I had to allow them all.

Does that mean that (using the CRP cards, not the new ones) I could allow Misc Mayhem, Magic Items and Good Karma but ban the other decks? (As an example)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Yeah, its where I'm taking interest in this, the Swift Twins are 390k. Foul Bowl you can have team value of 1.2M, so you could have 11 line elves and the twins

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Darkson wrote:
Rolex wrote:All inducements are optional at Naf tournaments.
At TO discretion.
I always assumed that meant as an "all-or-nothing" approach. So if I allowed Stars I had to allow them all, if I allowed cards I had to allow them all.

Does that mean that (using the CRP cards, not the new ones) I could allow Misc Mayhem, Magic Items and Good Karma but ban the other decks? (As an example)
Star players are a all or nothing.
"Where Star Players are allowed, these should include those from the CRP (and Stakes for Zara the Slayer), plus additional ones released by GW, as well as those officially in BB2016."
This leaves the question.... have you pratically banned Brick and Grotty, if not formally?

But you can leave some inducement out and some in.
"Inducements may be selectively allowed or left out at the discretion of each organizer, but it's recommended that those which allow "stunty" teams to remain competitive (Bribes and Master Chef) always be used."

For Cards it is not so clear. Maybe you can take one deck and leave another out. Or allow only 50k decks....
"Special Play cards are not mandatory. Where special play cards are allowed (and the vast majority of tournaments don’t allow them) TOs have discretion as to whether they use the CRP Special Play cards, BB2016 Special Play cards or neither. It is noted that the BB2016 Special Play cards are essentially a 200k deck and a 50k deck and should be costed as such, if included at all."

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Update:

The shiny version of the NAF Rules from August 2017 is now available: https://www.thenaf.net/2017/05/naf-and-death-zone-2/

Darkson, can you update the OP please?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

Thanks for the update Mike.
Quick question: according to DZ2, Helmut Wulf can play for Chaos Pact/Renegades, but in CRP (and in the new rules doc) he can't. Is this an oversight?

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

That's covered in #1 on the NAF doc.

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

Darkson wrote:That's covered in #1 on the NAF doc.
:oops: Its late, I should probably be asleep rather than planning BB teams and tournaments...

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2