NAF rules for Tournaments 1st Feb 2017 (updated)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

NAF rules for Tournaments 1st Feb 2017 (updated)

Post by Darkson »

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dolch
Rookie
Rookie

Re: NAF rules for Tournaments 1st Feb 2017

Post by Dolch »

Seems to be a bad link.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Dolch wrote:Seems to be a bad link.
+1

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Update for DZ2: https://www.thenaf.net/2017/05/naf-and-death-zone-2/

Roster changes optional until end of July, then mandatory.
Inducements optional as previously, but from August new stars from DZ2 must be included in the list of available stars.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Will be using the new Rosters and Stars at Foul Bowl :)

Question about the Swift Twins, some events only allow 1 Star. So looking for opinions on using these two elves. Personally i think they are great and have good costing. So dont see a problem.

But what about these special rules we have started to see. We had them on The White Dwarf and the Black Gobbo and now the Swft Twins. I know the first two cant be used in tournements but just giving example. Now the Swift Twins special rule which removes loner.

I think im inclinded to allow them as they are expencive but just checking if anyone has opinion on this.

Thanks

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If you mean the "two=one choice" issue then that's already a thing with Brick & Grotty, ad as with most things, it's down to the TO to make a decision. For example, ARBBL only allows non-Stunty teams one Star, so they can't take Brick & Grotty, so they won't be able to take the Swift Twins either.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Will the NAF document have the stats for the new Stars, for those that haven't bought DZ2? Seems a bit unfair to make a TO allow a Star that they can't check the statline for (especially if they ask for rosters in advance).

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Darkson wrote:If you mean the "two=one choice" issue then that's already a thing...
Yes this, the two for one rule...

But also these new special rules which dont follow the normal skills route, effect or abilities which are not skills but effect the game in some way

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Just one on Brick & Grotty, i've never really thought about it before. At Foul Bowl like at some other events i allow 1 star for most teams and 2 Stars for stunty.

So at ARBBL you choose to not allow Brick & Grotty as they are two players? Not because they are two Star Players.

Its different for my event as someone could have Brick & Grotty as one Star Player choice and Bomber Dribblesnot for example if they were using Ogres (using both their Star Player slots)
So by this reasoning it stands that an Elf Team could include the Swift Twins, although this raise's questions that it could be too powerful and also if as the TO should I ban a Star Player, can i even do this under the NAF's regulations for Sanctioning?

Mmmm questions ?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

frogboy wrote:So at ARBBL you choose to not allow Brick & Grotty as they are two players? Not because they are two Star Players.
No, I disallow them because they are 2 Star Players, even if they only take one slot.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Hu? There two players yes but only one Star Player, surely. Before the new Blood Bowl 2016 all teams had 6 Star Players available too them. Now we have stuff thats breaking the mold a bit but still only one cost for same thing. You cant have one without the other, so its one Star Player, I am sure you are wrong on this point Darkson.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If you had 15 players on your roster you couldn't take them, because they are 2 Star Players, even if they only count as one Star player for the 0-2 you are allowed. I don't say one Star Player "slot", I say "1 Star Player" - Brick is a player, Grotty is a player - that's two.

Besides, I can't be "wrong", as it's my ruling for my event. ;)

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

Clearly 2 star players, as Darkson says.

However, I am curious: Why would you only allow 1 star player per team? (I am sure there is good reason, I just don`t get it)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

straume wrote:However, I am curious: Why would you only allow 1 star player per team? (I am sure there is good reason, I just don`t get it)
Off-topic, but because I don't like Star Players - I hated 3rd edition and permanent Stars, and disliked how common they became again with the crossover from LRB4 to LRB5 (as inducements).
I used to ban them completely, except for Stunty teams, but have softened that stance a little.