UKTC IV - winners: *THREE CHAMPS AND A CHUMP!!*

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Re: UKTC IV, York Jan 20/21 2018 - *RACE INFO DEADLINE 15.1.

Post by Pipey »

sann0638 wrote:
Pipey wrote: Btw, my team's captain has submitted our races; we're one of the two! Sann0638 has been made aware. As much as anything that's to make sure we can't gain any advantage by me knowing what races other teams have chosen.
Is true. Quite surprising they went all stunty, thought they were trying to win the thing... :)
It's the most competitive build, post BB Almanac ;-)

Reason: ''
UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Still furiously metagaming here. Will make deadline.

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Pipey

Post by Pipey »

I'd expect nothing less. Sounds good!!

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Does anyone happen to be travelling from the South-west, Birmingham, - ish area?

Obviously Oxford ideal, but Birmingham allows a rail connection.

Thanks!

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I'm heading up on the Saturday morning, crack of dawn. Can pick you up as previously?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

Hi Bren, I hope this has not been asked but I skimmed through the chat and rules pack and could not see anything. just to check what’s the story about boards? New or old scale? Also chat shit get banged. Wish dropped out and Lycos joined.

EDIT: After chatting with a few new players about boards there is defiantly some concern about what to bring. Also many newer players only have the larger size pitches from the rerelease, so some stock of spare boards may well be needed. I know previous years its BYO small classic boards due to table sizes. might be worth dropping a line to team captains on the final word once in.

Cheers Yogi

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

sann0638 wrote:I'm heading up on the Saturday morning, crack of dawn. Can pick you up as previously?
Thanks Mike- but I have a hotel booked for Friday, so will probably head up by train in the afternoon.

Actually it's the way back down that's the real issue! I'll drop you an email.

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

yogi wrote:Also chat shit get banged..
Autocorrect says what? :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Pipey

Post by Pipey »

yogi wrote:Hi Bren, I hope this has not been asked but I skimmed through the chat and rules pack and could not see anything. just to check what’s the story about boards? New or old scale? Also chat shit get banged. Wish dropped out and Lycos joined.

EDIT: After chatting with a few new players about boards there is defiantly some concern about what to bring. Also many newer players only have the larger size pitches from the rerelease, so some stock of spare boards may well be needed. I know previous years its BYO small classic boards due to table sizes. might be worth dropping a line to team captains on the final word once in.

Cheers Yogi
Noted re personnel change. Will correct.

The boards issue has been flagged to captains by email a few weeks ago. So at least people should be aware. I will make sure there are plenty of spares in case of problems.

Pipey

Post by Pipey »

Just for completeness, sorry if info overkill, I've pasted that email to captains to the title post.

Also below:

Email to captains 21st November:

Dear UKTC Team Captains

With UKTC not long away now I wanted to distribute some useful info in the lead up. Some of this you may have already seen on talkfantasyfootball.org though much of it is new.

Rules Errata

See attached "UKTC IV Rulespack Errata" [attached to title post here on TFF] relating to the addition of Khorne and Bretonnians including tiering information for additional skills. There is also a general clarification regarding inducements.

First Round Draw

There will be a First Round Draw in the week prior to the tournament. This is with the aim of things running as smoothly as possible on the Saturday morning of the tournament i.e. you will be able to go straight to your tables ready to play once your captain has confirmed you are all present and collected your tournament gifts.

To this end, please can each captain email ukteamchallengeATgmail.com with his/her team’s four race choices as soon as choices are finalised. I need this information by a deadline of Monday January 15th 2018

NAF President Sann0638 (who will be attending the event in a non-playing capacity) will make the draw and post it to the NAF site at 21:00 GMT on Thursday January 18th 2018, that is 22:00 Central European Time I believe. Thank you to Sann for helping out with this.

Other Logistics

Team captains. Captains will have an important role to play in terms of organisation during the tournament. They will be involved with completing results slips, orientating their teammates around the building each round as well as keeping them on track with round timings. All players, but especially team captains, are asked to make sure they have access to the tournament rules for reference during the tournament.

Also very important: if at any stage captains become aware that one of their players is unable to attend UKTC, and the team are unable to find a replacement, please contact me and I will do my best to assist you in finding someone to stand in.

Pitches. All players are asked to bring their own Blood Bowl pitch. Please note that the tables at UKTC are only wide enough to fit the original (pre 2016) pitches. Unfortunately the new larger pitches from Blood Bowl 2016 re-release will be too large for our tables. If you only have a larger pitch then don’t worry; we will provide some spares which can be used in this event.

Thanks for reading. If there is anything you would like to ask please do not hesitate to get in touch. Thanks for being part of what is now one of the biggest Blood Bowl tournaments in the world! Look forward to seeing you in January.

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Pipey wrote:Just for completeness, sorry if info overkill, I've pasted that email to captains to the title post.

Also below:

Email to captains 21st November:

Dear UKTC Team Captains

With UKTC not long away now I wanted to distribute some useful info in the lead up. Some of this you may have already seen on talkfantasyfootball.org though much of it is new.

Rules Errata

See attached "UKTC IV Rulespack Errata" [attached to title post here on TFF] relating to the addition of Khorne and Bretonnians including tiering information for additional skills. There is also a general clarification regarding inducements.

First Round Draw

There will be a First Round Draw in the week prior to the tournament. This is with the aim of things running as smoothly as possible on the Saturday morning of the tournament i.e. you will be able to go straight to your tables ready to play once your captain has confirmed you are all present and collected your tournament gifts.

To this end, please can each captain email ukteamchallengeATgmail.com with his/her team’s four race choices as soon as choices are finalised. I need this information by a deadline of Monday January 15th 2018

NAF President Sann0638 (who will be attending the event in a non-playing capacity) will make the draw and post it to the NAF site at 21:00 GMT on Thursday January 18th 2018, that is 22:00 Central European Time I believe. Thank you to Sann for helping out with this.

Other Logistics

Team captains. Captains will have an important role to play in terms of organisation during the tournament. They will be involved with completing results slips, orientating their teammates around the building each round as well as keeping them on track with round timings. All players, but especially team captains, are asked to make sure they have access to the tournament rules for reference during the tournament.

Also very important: if at any stage captains become aware that one of their players is unable to attend UKTC, and the team are unable to find a replacement, please contact me and I will do my best to assist you in finding someone to stand in.

Pitches. All players are asked to bring their own Blood Bowl pitch. Please note that the tables at UKTC are only wide enough to fit the original (pre 2016) pitches. Unfortunately the new larger pitches from Blood Bowl 2016 re-release will be too large for our tables. If you only have a larger pitch then don’t worry; we will provide some spares which can be used in this event.

Thanks for reading. If there is anything you would like to ask please do not hesitate to get in touch. Thanks for being part of what is now one of the biggest Blood Bowl tournaments in the world! Look forward to seeing you in January.
Thanks for that Brendan, I’ve not had any emails from you... am i missing anything else?

Pipey

Post by Pipey »

Pm sent - I may have the wrong address? Or it found your spam folder?

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Pipey wrote:Pm sent - I may have the wrong address? Or it found your spam folder?
Sent you an email and added you to contacts :)

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

I can bring 5 boards!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

We'll have 4 boards with us (at least).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.