Hard 6 Superbowl II - 13th May 2017

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Hard 6 Superbowl II - 13th May 2017

Post by hard6 »

Hard6 Superbowl II

13th May 2017

The Event:

After the success of Superbowl I we have decided to run our 2nd event. We have worked more closely with the NAF this time and are proud to announce that Superbowl II is NAF approved.

You can see images from Superbowl 1 here: http://www.hard6.co.uk/accompaniments/
A video from Superbowl I here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MKzIQkGgBM
And the comp here: http://www.hard6.co.uk/events.html

The event details are repeated below in case you don't want to leave this site :)

The Hard6 Superbowl will take place at the http://www.spitandsawdust.pub “SPIT AND SAWDUST" 21 Bartholomew Street, London SE1 4AL, London on 27th May 2017. It will consist of 4 games over 1 day with lunch included. The Superbowl is limited to 24 players. To reserve your place just purchase a ticket. If you want to reserve a place without paying then please email me at the following address, places will however go to players who have paid. Tickets are £20 and can be purchased via PAYPAL to jayhopkinson@gmail.com (please make payment as a gift) and for this you get:

1 Custom set of dice including block dice along with hard6 dice that are yours FOREVER!!! Excellent Food and a chance to win one of 9 trophies and one of 4 spot prizes. Superbowl I winner also won the goblin and Halfling Referees and we will have a similar prize for 1st place at Superbowl 2 Along with the coveted NAF trophy.

Prize support for the following categories:

1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place

Most Valuable Player (the individual player out of all the teams that picks up the most MVP points)

Best painted team
Runner up Best painted team

Best Stadium

Most Sporting Player

Bloodiest Team (team that causes the most injuries from blocks)

Spot prizes for the 4 games

Comp:

Any of the 24 teams may be chosen.

Players are able to spend 1,100,000 Gold Pieces on their team.

No inducements may be taken except goblins who make take up to 3 bribes at 50k each, and halflings who may hire a master chef for 100k.

Each team will be able to take a skill set to enhance their players Via a tier system as followes:

Each Team may take 1 STAR PLAYER among their roster who may not take an extra skill. Grak and Crumbleberry ARE BANNED
Piling on will be allowed and will not require a team reroll.
There will be No special play cards in effect.

TIER 1: Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Lizardman, Norse, Orc, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elf
TIER 2: Chaos, Chaos Pact, Elf, High Elf, Human, Khemri, Necromantic, Nurgle, Slann
TIER 3: Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Underworld, Vampire

The Skill Sets are as follows:
TIER 1 = 4 normal skills
TIER 2 = 5 normal skills and 1 double skill
TIER 3 = 6 normal skills and 2 double skills

You may not assign more than one additional skill to any player and star players may not have additional skills added.

Injuries will NOT carry over to the next game.

4 Minute turns will be enforced (although not strictly). If you are taking too long a TO will come and put a clock on your table as all games must be finished.

The “illegal Procedures” rule will not be in effect for the movement of turn counters.

Players will be required to bring the following:
1 Painted Team (3 colours and based minimum standard)
A set of turn score and reroll counters

THAT’S IT!!!!

Everything else will be supplied including boards dice and templates. If you want to bring a pitch you have made then feel free to do so and you will have your pitch judged along with the other pitches for the accolade of “Best Stadium”

There will be soft scoring at the event and the entire scoring system is here for you to see. There are a total of 65pts available over the weekend

Scoring:

Win – 10pts
Draw – 5pt
Loss – 0

Winning a game by 2 or more touchdowns – 3pts (this accolade is only available twice however it will be used to tiebreak the event in the case of a dead heat)

Painting: (one of the following)

Beautiful – 9pts
Extra effort – 6pts
Minimum Standard – 3pt

Submitting your CORRECT team roster via email by the required date – 1pt

Sports Votes

Each player will start the event on 9 Sports points, if ONE opponent complains about you then you will get away with it, however after the first complaint you will lose 1pt per game. We really hope that this doesn’t come up as we are all adults and we fully expect all players to get all 9pts here.

SUPERBOWL II EVENT TIMETABLE

09.00 - 09.15 - Registration & Introduction

09:15 - 11:25 - Match 1
11:35 - 13:45 - Match 2
13:45 - 14:30 - Half Time
14:30 - 16:45 - Match 3
16:55 - 19.05 - Match 4
19:15 - 19:30 - Awards (Stick around for a jolly good beer)

If you would like to know anything else please email me at hard6podcast@gmail.com

Thank you

Reason: ''
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hard 6 Superbowl II - 27th May 2017

Post by hard6 »

Sorry this took so long, have been mega busy.

Here are the final results from superbowl ii
Screenshot_2017-05-17-13-16-55-1.png
I still need to submit the naf v naf games to the aff but am waiting on a few bits of data like naf numbers from newly registered players.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

[Moved to correct sub-forum.]

Will have to check my rota (which is unfortunately subject to change at the moment) as a one-dayer in London is easily doable.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Very interested indeed. Off to check diary...

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

Darkson wrote:[Moved to correct sub-forum.]

Will have to check my rota (which is unfortunately subject to change at the moment) as a one-dayer in London is easily doable.
Thanks for moving it, I am still getting used to this forum.

hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hard 6 Superbowl II - 13th May 2017

Post by hard6 »

Just a quick heads up, it is now 13th May so it doesn't clash with warhammer fest

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Bugger... :(

Also same date as the Auld World Masters, which is almost full, so I imagine a lot of tournament goers are already accounted for.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Sad times. I can't do the 13th. :(

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Avoiding a clash with warhammer fest but now clashing with WYBBL presents... The Khorne Kup and Auld World Masters III.

Might want to check the BB calendar.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

Well we looked at the options and spoke to naf. the 2 events in question are 100 and 200 miles away. So this seems the best option.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

My comment was more aimed at the unfortunate fact that I'm off work on the 27th (as is a work-colleague) but neither of us on the 13th, and won't be able to get the time off due to someone already booking holiday.

I just mentioned the Auld as at least some of the southern coaches (who would be able to get to you) are going there.

Not knowing anything about Warhammer Fest (as I haven't played WFB in years) is it really a problem to clash?

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

Darkson wrote:I just mentioned the Auld as at least some of the southern coaches (who would be able to get to you) are going there.

Yep, counts me out, AWM was great last year, already paid for this year, only a couple of spaces left even after the event has been expanded.

Shame, had just got a possible ok as well.

choidivision
Rookie
Rookie

Post by choidivision »

Registering was an easy decision for me as the last one was great fun. Had a blast playing in the tournament, the food was great and the beer selection was amazing. Plenty of people stuck around after the awards for drinks which was lovely.
Location is a bonus since it's just down the round from Elephant & Castle's train and tube stations.

gingerninja0910
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gingerninja0910 »

It's a shame when events clash but, given the resurgence BB is undergoing, it's inevitably going to happen. However, this event last time was well run, friendly, a lot of fun and me signing up again is a total no-brained! Can't wait.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Put me down as a possible.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.