Hard 6 Superbowl II - 13th May 2017

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Hard 6 Superbowl II - 13th May 2017

Post by Heff »

Why I no win most sporting? I no win ANY games and keep rolling skulls and 1's and falling over and failing!
I sporting...I use your dice even if they have no pow and 4 side with skull!
Friend of organiser win most sporting...not sporting at all I say..Should be most friend of organiser!
I come back with crap team. I use you crap dice. I get "Most Sporting". Yes?
:D

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

It's probably because you call them a Grunt when it happens.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

who won?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
zulu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by zulu »

lunchmoney wrote:who won?
Someone you know, Daniel (Endalos) :)

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Wulfyn wrote:It's probably because you call them a Grunt when it happens.
Maybe. I spell Grunt with a C and No R yes? :lol: :lol:

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

Heff wrote:Why I no win most sporting? I no win ANY games and keep rolling skulls and 1's and falling over and failing!
Friend of organiser win most sporting...not sporting at all I say..Should be most friend of organiser!
If you roll badly don't get upset. lol heff was raging all day. Sad as I had a bet on him winning the event.

hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

Results:

1st - Dan Smith
2nd - Yogi
3rd - David Glenister

Best Team - Stephen Marlow
Runner up Best team - Yogi
Best Stadium - David Glenister
MVP - ANDREAS KILLEMAN AKA - Mo Ashraf
Sports - Alex Ley
Most Bloody - Matt Hinton (20 CAS from 4 games is pretty epic)

Spot prizes
Mo - Figure case
Hinton - Figure case
Heff - Beautiful Andreas Killeman coaster
Dave Napier - Beautiful Andreas Killeman coaster
Stuart Benson - Beautiful Andreas Killeman coaster
Vincent Liu - Beautiful Andreas Killeman coaster

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

hard6 wrote:
Heff wrote:Why I no win most sporting? I no win ANY games and keep rolling skulls and 1's and falling over and failing!
If you roll badly don't get upset. lol heff was raging all day. Sad as I had a bet on him winning the event.
Ha I was never going to win that! I took a tier 3 team, am famous for my ability to skull out, and EVERY ONE of the ECBBL crew is better than me and took a better tier team. Next time bet on Yogi!

Oh and that was not raging. That was just normal level tournament frustration.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

zulu wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:who won?
Someone you know, Daniel (Endalos) :)
Good job :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

congrats dan on winning!! such a close end, it was a well fort game going into the last round. big thanks to all my opponents, I met some really nice coaches at the event. huge thanks to Jay and Adam for doing such a good job the event was great! pub people were really nice, food was amazing it was a bit dim in some section of the pub other then that this event was 10/10

some drunken chat last night about rules pack changes and improvements. As TO's i think you have a nice pack that looks as the hobby as well as who can play. after you explaining that this is what is more common in warhammer events for the hobby to get you points which why you add it, I do think its great as both of you are passionate about the game and hobby this is a section often neglected. I do think you need to have clearly satiated guidelines and it cant just be well painted teams get 9 points what is a well painted team? someone could do the best team they have ever painted and that should be enough. but if you have some guidelines like this:

0 points for having either less then 3 colours or an unpainted miniatures on the team.
3 points for having 3 colours on all members of your team
6 points for having wash and dry brushing on top of the 3 colours, painted all bases- materials must be painted with the exception of flock.
9 points for having a minimum of 3 conversions, attention to detail with highlighting/blended shading through out the miniature, numbering on base or miniature, display base, coach, cheerleader, star players included

my point is what ever is your criterial it is listed and anyone can qualify for the full 9 points. they dont need to be a golden demon winner to get the points they just need to tick the boxes. other then that clarity I would keep your tournament/rules pack as is, it was a really good day.

I would maybe add most TD and stunty cup to the trophies pool?

for people that dont think they can make a display board you can buy them from Sarissa Precision all you then have to do is stick it into a picture frame.
http://www.sarissa-precision.com/Displa ... 22242.aspx

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

yogi wrote::

0 points for having either less then 3 colours or an unpainted miniatures on the team.
3 points for having 3 colours on all members of your team
6 points for having wash and dry brushing on top of the 3 colours, painted all bases- materials must be painted with the exception of flock.
9 points for having a minimum of 3 conversions, attention to detail with highlighting/blended shading through out the miniature, numbering on base or miniature, display base, coach, cheerleader, star players included

Personal choice, I would no longer attend a tournament doing this! 3 colours painted as a requirement fine, but no points and no further requirement is all I think required.

Besters

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Its great until you are colour blind! Also I hate painting and am half blind. My childish dawbings take more effort than Yogi's masterpieces.

Happy enough with a best painted thing. Or as a tiebreaker well down the list.

Then what happens with my team? It had 3 colours but not on one model. It was based etc But I did not paint them. lots of commission teams and people getting credit for having deep pockets not skillz

besters

Post by besters »

Yes, short-sighted and colour blind, not a great combination!

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

To be clear. I am not colour blind. But to me a tourney is primarily about winning games. Or in truth bitching because l rolled a 1 in six reroll to a 1 on a gfi to surf a witch with the ball.

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

guys what i wrote was not "it must have this" but a example of how it could be clearer then minimum, standard and beautiful. also I think that trying to get people to look at the hobby is not a bad thing. I love the fact there are TO's that care about this and what the community to care as well.

people dont attend tournaments because of bonus point, because they are designed to favour elves because of tiering and so on and so forth thats your choice and fair play if you feel it's not for you Jim.

Bob i dont know the answer for colour blindness or commissioned, I do know i have played 2 colour blind players and they still had painted teams. personally i dont know if that would mean they could not achieve this but both of those players teams were not badly painted. also i am saying your painting skill should not be so dominate as long as you have clear criteria with boxes to tick for the hobby. so "childish dawbings" can still score the 9 points so long as they have done everything required.

Edit: also if you guy want to discuss this further start a thread, I was asked to give so feed back and i did.