Block Of Holding, Bournemouth, 21st May - 20Phoenix won

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Block Of Holding, Bournemouth, 21st May

Post by 20phoenix »

Thanks Al and Simon for putting on a good event and all my opponents for some good games. Good to see the new guys enjoying themselves too!

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Block Of Holding, Bournemouth, 21st May

Post by Darkson »

Thanks to Lunchmoney for running the event, and Simon (Foolycooly) for hosting - rota permitting will be back for the next.

I took High Elves, not because I thought they suited the event, nor because I'm any good with them (the 4 Elf teams are in my bottom 8 ranked races!) but because I'm two races away from doing the 48, and with lots of new players due I didn't think taking Slann was a good idea.

Thanks to my opponents:
FoolyCooly - a true goblin coach, even in his first tournament - laughed at his teams failures and still tried to the end, even when that was just Ripper and a Troll. A 4-0 win.
Dementor - played well, and let down by some poor WA by his RO.
20Phoenix - *shakes fist* A true gentleman would have let me win after the SAWBBL shenanigans, but no. ;) Managed to pull off some elf BS to equalise after making his humans score in 6, but failed to manage the feat twice to take the lead. Played the whole game with 9 or less players as well after he unsportingly injured 1 and KO'd 2 on the first turn (neither of which came back). A 2-1 loss.
Itchen - probably one of the weirdest games I've played. His Dwarfs, despite winning Most Cas, decided to be a bunch of pasifists for this game, and refused to break armour except on rare occasions - one turn he knocked over 6 players and his highest AV roll was 3(!), and 5 turns into the 2nd half he didn't break AV once. However, he did catch the ball with a Longbeard, and when I popped that loose, a Troll Slayer. One piece of poor positioning from Itchen (so he said - I'll take his word for it) and some more Elf BS from me gave me the winning score (though it was a nervous dodge with no reroll). A 2-1 win.

Very happy with 2nd place, also 2nd in Most TDs and Most Cas (based on results, not awards) and I was the only one to score on 20p and the only one to cause a Cas on Itchen, so a successful weekend. ;)

I'd say "next time", but I think my run of good luck is due to end and it's should be back to mid-table mediocrity. :lol:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.