Chimera Cup - Cheltenham - Dreamscreator wins!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Chimera Cup - Cheltenham - 7th Oct '17 (Teams on pg1)

Post by Wobert »

Its an idea . . . but if someone is on holiday then it would always cause a delay because the draw happens in order. That's why I started it earlier than intended as its unlikely to go smoothly at this time of year.

For now lets play it out as it is and then we can change or tweak if we need to.

Reason: ''
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Wobert wrote:Its an idea . . . but if someone is on holiday then it would always cause a delay because the draw happens in order. That's why I started it earlier than intended as its unlikely to go smoothly at this time of year.

For now lets play it out as it is and then we can change or tweak if we need to.
Fair enough. Patient never was my strong :lol:

Can't wait to Oct and try teams that I have never play before :D

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

The match up for the first opening round fixture came in pretty quick . . . . . Cornish takes Undead and Gorgoroth opts for Norse.

Ok the next pairing with only a slightly reduced field to choose from . . . . . .

Who de we have here? Ah one of the Bristolians-without-borders and a member of the ABAO crowd . . . in fact the only one who arguably talks any sense as the others are drunk, depressed or deranged (no, shadowing is not a good skill). This chap also gets my vote for most improved player on the SW circuit over the last 12 months - look at his results, consistently finishing up the table, a couple of glowworm awards and a most casualties award. Who is it? Sit down Twelfman its not you. Nightwing you're up!

His opponent is . . . . . .

Hmmmm a potentially tricky one here. This lad holds the record I believe as the youngest tournament winner ever in the UK (worried yet Nightwing?) as he triumphed at Stunty Scramble a few years ago. He is the junior partner in the Dynamic Duo from Birmingham. The Robin to Gorgoroth's Batman. It's none other than the boy wonder himself wwe2015!

Gents . . . . . PMs incoming.

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Wobert wrote:The match up for the first opening round fixture came in pretty quick . . . . . Cornish takes Undead and Gorgoroth opts for Norse.

Ok the next pairing with only a slightly reduced field to choose from . . . . . .

Who de we have here? Ah one of the Bristolians-without-borders and a member of the ABAO crowd . . . in fact the only one who arguably talks any sense as the others are drunk, depressed or deranged (no, shadowing is not a good skill). This chap also gets my vote for most improved player on the SW circuit over the last 12 months - look at his results, consistently finishing up the table, a couple of glowworm awards and a most casualties award. Who is it? Sit down Twelfman its not you. Nightwing you're up!

His opponent is . . . . . .

Hmmmm a potentially tricky one here. This lad holds the record I believe as the youngest tournament winner ever in the UK (worried yet Nightwing?) as he triumphed at Stunty Scramble a few years ago. He is the junior partner in the Dynamic Duo from Birmingham. The Robin to Gorgoroth's Batman. It's none other than the boy wonder himself wwe2015!

Gents . . . . . PMs incoming.
Aw, you'll make me blush! PM sent

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Well . . . this is going faster than I thought. The 2nd fixture sees an all Chaos clash! Nightwing takes Chaos Renegades and wwe2015 selects Chaos Dwarfs.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Righto let's see whose next . . . . .

On table 3 we have another one of the BUBBA gang but certainly not a native to Bristol. This coach loves a bit of greenskin action be it Orc or Goblin but he is typically a stunty coach. Will he opt for Goblins this time? I doubt it as I think they are probably weaker than normal in this format . . . but we'll see, he's got 20 teams to choose from! Dreamscreator, you can stop asking about posting the whole draw now as you're up next.

His opponent is . . . .

Ah . . . one to watch if you ask me, the first of the local club members. This chap is my starting favourite for the Rookie Wonder award and he came very close to winning it at his first and only event at AWM III. There he went undefeated, playing on the top 4 tables for the whole event including a game against Dreamscreator where they had a very hard fought 1-1 draw. Time for a rematch me thinks as the 6th name out the bag is Mr_PJW.

Gents - PM incoming

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Choices for the 3rd match have been made. Dreamscreator opted for humans while Mr_PJW chose Lizardmen. 18 teams to go.

Next out the bag and we're heading back down to Bristol for the one time Captain of Team Chaos. In terms of BB coaching I would say he is either certifiable or possibly bi-polar. I've known him take the most ludicrous teams imaginable (block and guard spam Snotlings anyone) and then arrive at events with 6 Guard Dwarfs and wonder why people have written terrible things about him in the toilets. What will he pick now? I truly have no idea. Will Nazgob show a streak of genius or just pluck something at random?

His opponent will be . . . well, what is there to say about this man? He's a famed lover of dusty Bretonnian etchings, one time sufferer of nurgle's rot that he cured with a marmalade sandwich and gentle love of a Hobgoblin princess . . . .in fact I could say anything about this man as I don't know him from Adam . . . or in this case Gary. He's one of the Bristol crew so something of a derby match.

Gents - messages to you both incoming.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Choices for 4th match of the round made - Nzagob has Amazons and Gary selects Skaven. Still no sign of an Elf!

Ok match 5 and coaches 9 and 10 out the bag. Who do we have first? Ah . . . well he won't be happy that Norse have gone. As this coach is all about the block skill (and I hate to pre-empt choices) but there's only one team left in the draw he'll take (prove me wrong - say Goblins!). Arguably the fastest coach on the circuit and proves tournament after tournament that thinking about what you're doing is overrated! Landrover its you.

His opponent is . . . . . ?

Oooh this is a tasty first round match up. The former Bloodbowl bridesmaid and who until recently was forever first amongst the losers is sure to give Landrover a real challenge. He finally won an event this year to break his hoo-doo and will be keen to add to the gold rather than silver in the trophy cabinet. 20Phoenix is currently in the top division with woodies online at UKBBL . . . . same again here perhaps?

PM on its way chaps.

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Where's the rulespack?

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Rules pack vanished so I could attach the teams. Sent you a PM

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

I thought Dwarfs would go with this pair . . but I was expecting Landrover to pick them and not 20P! In response Landrover has Necro, a wise move I think looking at the opposition.

Ok on to the next pairing . . . . . . .

Another of the willing and very able locals is out next. He's only been to one NAF tournament before and had a solid first outing at AWM but was also in the winners play off at the Incom Winter Bowl. Clearly the boy has some skills . . . .but in the games of his I have watched or been involved in, he doesn't seem to have much luck! Maybe this will be his day. What a super, nice chap, its phlsmth.

His opponent is . . . .

If Royston Vasey and Brian Clough had a love child, it would be this coach. All credit to him though, he has supported the BB scene what feels like forever and Nuffle finally rewarded him with a tournament win not so long ago. Maybe he can play after all? It's the Glow-Farter errr Glow-Father of course.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Choices made . . . . Phlsmth takes Khemri and Glow has Slann. There's a match up you don't see every day! Next 2 will be drawn tonight.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

12 teams gone . . . . 12 teams to go. Still all 4 Elf teams in the mix . . . surely this is the round where one gets picked?

Next out the bag we have one of the local lads. Certainly not a coach to take lightly as he won the inaugural Incom Gaming BB league and is currently sat around 3rd in the table with Goblins which in itself is no mean feat. It would take a foolish/brave man to take Goblins this early. Rich Bethell the scabbed finger of fortune is pointing in your direction.

His opponent is the tartan terror himself . . . . actually he's such a mild mannered chap that seems a little harsh. Normally I always look forward to seeing what Camsbell brings to a tournament as there is the odd stroke of genius in it - who could forget his passing Khemri team that did so well at Exebowl? This time he has to play teams not constructed with his own blend of madness. I wonder how he'll get on?

Gents . . . . PM incoming.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Slann??

Slann??

.... are they even a team?? I refuse to take a made up race, Ill take kislev Circus instead :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Small change in personnel. Camsbell has had to withdraw which means Merrick has stepped in. Merrick opted for Halfings and Rich Bethell has gone for Nurgle. 10 teams left, all 4 Elf teams are still on offer.

Next up is a local again. Alatos has only ever played Humans that I've seen. He took them to AWM III with mixed but highly entertaining results and will be using them again tomorrow at Infamous Bowl II. Quite looking forward to seeing him being forced to take something different.

His opponent is . . . . .

Ah I've not long read his article on the NAF site about newbies attending tournaments. I should send it to the Cheltenham guys. He had a very good run at CRUMB this year and nearly, very nearly won it, losing out to 20P at the end. Toodle pip - it's only Jip!

PM incoming.