MM II: Manticore Mug, 6 Oct, Dreamscreator wins (again!)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MM II: Manticore Mug, full again!

Post by Wobert »

Draft 10

8 coaches . . . . 8 pretty averages teams . . . . . no each choices from this point onwards.

The next pair are a great match up . . . . for everyone else, not for them :)

First out is the man who seems to have won everything this year, certainly anything played in Worcester anyway. Is it skill or awesome coaching ability? No it bloody isn't . . . its ridiculous luck! Now I'm not bitter, but did I ever tell you about this time when we played on table 4 at the NAFC at the start of day 2? I had 3 players in the casualty box before I even had turn 1. Now I don't bare grudges, not me, its not in my nature, no sir, not at all. There will be no bias here Maverick I can assure you.

However, I think quietly we'll all be cheering on his opponent for this match!!!

This is the last of the father / son combos left in the hat which makes this one of the draws of the round. In fact as he reads this I can hear some quiet swearing in a west midlands accent already. Don't worry Gorgoroth, we're all right behind you . . . . you can do it!

PMs incoming.

Reason: ''
Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

I was second from last for Chimera. I sense a pattern. :D

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

It’s ok you’ll be last this time, we’ll save you something nice

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

See you in the bottom table Alex. Ogre vs Goblins will be lot of fun XD

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

It really is just the luck of the draw . . . . honest!

Gorgoroth picks Underworld

Maverick in retaliation selects Halflings.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Draft 11

The end is in sight now . . . .this has all gone surprisingly quickly. I did tell people originally take a day or two to choose your team and yet I've had responses within 5 minutes or people apologising for the delay if it takes a few hours! You mad fools you.

Out the hat next is the last of the local coaches. Not a mug, despite what he looks like, as he won the local league 2 seasons ago (I know, finished above me, who would have thought it?). Whitey is famed for his dice rolling at Incom . . . . Captain Lucky can pull out the biggest load of BS you can imagine to really steal the most unexpected and undeserved results. That kind of luck / mentality is perfectly suited to BB. he is firmly a tier 1 player though, this should make an interesting change for him.

His opponent?

He's only gone and drawn the defending champion! Your man Dreamscreator, everyone's favourite Estallian, began something of a streak at the Chimera Cup last year. He won an amazingly close 3 way tie breaker at the end and has gone on to have a blistering year since then picking up a whole host of awards. Rumour has it there is already a space on his trophy shelf with 'MM' scrawled on a post-it note.

Look out for a PM chaps.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Whitey wants Chaos

Dreamscreator opts for Slann.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Draft 12

Well I think by now the final 4 coaches have just accepted whatever they get, its not going to be easy (but hopefully still fun).

The second to last pair are all foes, in the nicest possible way. These two seem to circle around each other like there is some gravitational pull . . . a strange attraction indeed. They both attended the last AWM and played in the final round there and have a remarkably close record against each other.

Now I don't want to call the choices predictable . . . . but Landrover has a feed and abiding love for Frenzy. He is ranked 7th in the world with Khorne and only one person I believe has played more ranked games . . . . surely that's his choice?

His opponent is Twelfman . . . .predicting his choice is almost impossible. He has a fondness for stunties . . . . the only one of the 4 teams hehasn't played is Khorne. I can feel a clash coming on!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Both coaches chose Khorne as their first choice (cunningly tactical I suspect from Twelfman) and so they each get their 2nd choice.

Twelfman takes Goblins

Landrover opts for Ogres

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Draft 13 - unlucky for some!

Well someone had to be out the hat last, you poor devils you! DrDeath had PM'd be earlier in the week of visions of being last and playing Ogres . . . . he was 50% right I guess! His opponent is TheBysmter who dabbles with Skaven and necro a fair amount . . . . lets see how he gets on with this lot!

Two teams left (Nurgle and Khorne so its a chaos gods clash) and so each coach will make one choice. If they clash then we toss a coin on the day itself.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Well . . . that went fast, the draw is complete . . . kind of. Both TheBymster and DrDeath wanted Khorne (who were well in demand for the last 2 rounds) and so will have to dice off on the day as to who gets which team.

Otherwise the first round draw looks just like this -

Phlsmth (Dwarfs) v Nightwing (Undead)
WoddyWoos (Wood Elfs) v Jip (Lizardmen)
Everybodys Dead Dave (Norse) v Nathan Easby (Necromantic)
AngryHobbit (Chaos Dwarf) v 20Phoenix (Orcs)
Dionysian (Vampires) v Speedingbullet (Elf Union)
ColderClimate (Khemri) v Merrick (Humans)
Justin Easby (High Elfs) v WWE2015 (Skaven)
Alatos (Amazons) v Rene Hawes (Dark Elfs)
Heartsbane (Bretonnians) v Andswin (Chaos Renegades)
Gorgoroth (Underworld) v Maverick (Halflings)
Whitey (Chaos) v Dreamscreator (Slann)
Landrover (Ogres) v Twelfman (Goblins)
TheBymster (tbc) v DrDeath (tbc)

Remember on the day you'll need dice and markers but that's it. All of the boards and teams will be provided.

Any questions between now and then let me know, otherwise I'll see you all on 6th April. Please try your very best to arrive on time as its a lot of BB to get through!

Dionysian
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Dionysian »

Wobert wrote: otherwise I'll see you all on 6th April. Please try your very best to arrive on time as its a lot of BB to get through!
I promise I'll arrive before the 6th April

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Or possibly the 6th October . . . .!!!

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Really enjoyed reading the match ups, thanks Ali. See you on the 6th of October!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Under a week to go!

Please make sure you bring -
* Dice (Block, D6s and D8)
* Reroll and Turn counters
* Scatter template

All of the boards, teams, team sheets etc will be provided.

In theory doors open from 9am but I'll be on site from around 8:15am - feel free to come in rather than kicking your heels on the mean streets of Cheltenham.

Please be there by 9:20am. I'll do my intro chat at that point . . .I'll try and keep it short but I know I do have a habit of going on a bit. We'll then kick off briskly at 9:30am!

On the day tip?

If you finish early, look at the team sheets as they start to come in. The skills that are added in rounds 1 and 3 may mean that one desirable team becomes instantly less so. We'll all remember the sole Woodie Wardancer last year that got Bonehead in game 1 . . . .