Dutch Open; AfterTalk

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

what we saw at the the dutch open, that there were a lot of players on the same points level and then a gradient from finesse (top) to bash (bottom).
Dwarf, undead and orc teams were allmost to a man last in the standings when looked at players with the same amount of points!

I think the total touchdown rule unbalances the competition towards finesse teams

Reason: ''
and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Well, game reports may follow later, but what I have learned the hard way this time is:

ALWAYS play to your strentgh and then to the weakness of your opponents! :o

DO NOT change this order. Your opponents weakness might not be as weak as you thought. But your strength should still be, because you designed your team that way. :wink: :evil: :o

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Sputnik wrote:Well, game reports may follow later, but what I have learned the hard way this time is:

ALWAYS play to your strentgh and then to the weakness of your opponents! :o

DO NOT change this order. Your opponents weakness might not be as weak as you thought. But your strength should still be, because you designed your team that way. :wink: :evil: :o

Sputnik
Why did you post that here? this is not a tactical Thread...

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Longshot wrote:
Why did you post that here? this is not a tactical Thread...
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

You are right, mate.... :oops:

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

One more thing, I think the points for painting should be added AFTER the last game. That way, people with unpainted teams won't be in the advantage of playing against lesser coaches with painted teams.
It would make the system more fair, and painting wouldn't influence what opposition you get.

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Cooper
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cooper »

I was indeed thinking about options to influence the system...that was one them, not painting your figures....

I was also thinking the following: Let's assume everyone loses points somewhere....

If you can start with loosing your first game, you could, in theory have less good opponents, work on your TD-total and win your way to the top...

You still have to win the top games, but if you do you are above them because you have more TD's....

But then again, if you win the top-games you would be on top anyway...

I will think about it some more
:smoking:

W

Crusader against all odds.

W
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Actually, the ref's and I had a little idea ourselves. Come on saturday with a non painted team. Lose first game with one TD difference or draw. Now you're definitely in the lower regions. On sunday, show up with painted team and claim 2 points. If you cant make yourself winner this way, then at least you secured best sunday comeback....

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

All touranments have problems like this...

personally, I think painting should not affect final result at all...

if it does affect final results, then giving EVERYONE the same score is a cop out!!

I played like an old lady, but my team were presentable compared to some that I saw.. I would have preferred a sliding scale (0-3 with PSV getting 4)

N

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I like the way gw are doing it for the blood bowl. The main trophy not having painting taken into account at all. Then painting points are added for the warhammer cup along with sportsmanship points. Though having 1-3 points isn't going to affect a lot.

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Trust me on this one - under swiss system there is no substitute for winning every game. There is no easy way through in swiss draw - you come out swinging and you dont' stop.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Any chance of some decent pics of these teams? or will they be at the BB so I can see them first hand?

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

The PSV team was really, really incredible (good work Squiggoth ) but Norse's team was defenitely more than just 'presentable' (I votet for it, after PSV actually)

squiggoth
Super Star
Super Star

Post by squiggoth »

I voted for Mr. Norse as well - even tough Dwarfs stink and my mighty Plastic Goblins tower 2 feet over their brainless heads, off course ;)

Martijn (who doesn't like Dwarfs at all)

I have no signature and therefore I suck.
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

And my Rat Ogre then ?? :wink:

squiggoth
Super Star
Super Star

Post by squiggoth »

You didn't give me enough money. Votes aren't cheap you know... :smoking:

I have no signature and therefore I suck.