Backbreaker Cup IV 23 May 2020 London

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Avecmontage
Rookie
Rookie

Backbreaker Cup IV 23 May 2020 London

Post by Avecmontage »

Greetings sports fans!

I would like to cordially invite you all to the Dragon Bowl Leagues very own tournament, the Backbreaker Cup!

On the ancient isle of Albion, teams from around the Old World and the New will be gathering to prove their worth on the blood-soaked gridiron. Backbreaker III returned last year, with better beer and more on pitch mayhem as the low tier teams turned on the style. The anarchic goblins of VonLeppard fell at the final hurdle with the noble Bretonnian knights of EyeBallPaul lifting the glittering Backbreaker Cup.

Once again the Firmir Association (FA) have been working tirelessly with the Truthsayers and indeed the Dark Emissaries of the Albion Blood Bowl Federation to ensure that this year’s Cup is the best yet. After years of conflict, the Giant’s Front of Albion and the Albion Giant’s Front have buried the hatchet, and decided to put their considerable weight into lobbying for the inclusion of sporting giants in NAF sanctioned games. To the amazement of all they were successful! In celebration of the big step forward in rights for giants we are pleased to announce that preferential rates have been negotiated with the giants of sporting giants of Albion. The Blood Bowl behemoths will be available for hire for the duration of the tournament at a huge discount.

Backbreaker IV is a one day, 4 game, TV1200 regen tournament. There is a 5 tiered skills package and the biggest addition this year is Sporting Giants (don't call them slaves on Albion...) at 300k rather than the usual 400k. The rules pack is attached to this post for more details.

It takes place in the Tramshed, Bethnal Green (East London), runs from 9am to 9pm, we run our own bar throughout the day and offer craft cask beers from the local brewery East London Brewing Co. We have special drink offers and you can expect to be sinking delicious pints for less than £3.

If you want to attend please email me at avecmontage@hotmail.com with your NAF details and send £25 by PayPal to the same address.

The event is run not for profit and we seek to plough any money back into the tournament by way of more freebies, prizes and cheap/free beer where possible! We also gratefully receive any donations of spare models or teams for the prize pot (we gave away 4 complete teams and lots of other models as prizes last year)

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you on May 23rd

Avecmontage
Backbreaker Commissioner

Attendees (30/50 at 1 March)
1. Daniel Gunn
2. Chris Park
3. Matt Wallace
4. John Foster
5. Tom Loyn
6. James Scott
7. Nick Dean
8. Dam Brooks
9. Lawrence Challen
10. Yogi Hammad
11. Chris Connelly
12. Matt Goodall
13. James Fletcher
14. Nick Kirkby
15. Rob Wagner
16. Stewart Anderson
17. Howard Richardson
18. Paul Andrews
19. Joshua Andrews
20. Oli Feldwick
21. Simon Chandler
22. Tim Harper
23. Tony Kirwan
24. Phil Gunns
25. Bart Kolodziejczyk
26. David Martindale
27. Chris Richards
28. Luke Blaxill
29. Alex McGuiness
30. Thomas Murcia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Loynster
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Backbreaker Cup IV 23 May 2020 London

Post by Loynster »

This was fricken AWESOME last year, one of the very best on the London scene. Will definitely be in attendance.

nobby
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nobby »

Definitely interested, hopefully space left by the time i get my student loan :D

NAF: nobbynobbs
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Postponed or cancelled?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Wagz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wagz »

lunchmoney wrote:Postponed or cancelled?
Or moved onto FUMBBL?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Wagz wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:Postponed or cancelled?
Or moved onto FUMBBL?
Who knows? The OP/TO hasnt come here since the beginning of March.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95