Screaming Spires 3 - Eynsham (nr Oxford) - CANCELLED

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

fallingdownjoe
Veteran
Veteran

Screaming Spires 3 - Eynsham (nr Oxford) - CANCELLED

Post by fallingdownjoe »

Note: This tournament has been cancelled, but will return next year. Details being left up for posterity

Screaming Spires 3 is a Blood Bowl tournament which will be held on Saturday 26th September 2020 in Eynsham, which is about 6 miles from Oxford.

This document includes information on rules, directions, costs, and everything you might need to join us. If you have any questions, please contact me: I can be reached on fallingdownjoeBB@gmail.com or on TFF via PM as fallingdownjoe.

Paying
CANCELLED

Schedule
The day will include four matches, which means that we have to be tight on time. If it appears that any particular match will run out of time then that match will be put onto 1-minute turns.

08:45 to 09:15 Registration
09:15 to 11:15 Game One
11:30 to 13:30 Game Two
13:30 to 14:00 - Lunch
14:00 to 16:00 Game Three
16:15 to 18:15 Game Four
18:30 - Awards and close

Ruleset
Screaming Spires 3 is a Resurrection Tournament, using the Blood Bowl 2016 rules as amended by the NAF’s current guidance.

Just about any Star Players and Inducements found in the following rulebooks may be used: CRP, Death Zones 1 & 2 (or the Almanac), the Nurgle, Chaos, Undead, Halfling, Lizardmen, and Ogre Spike! Magazines. This includes the Golden Era players Jeremiah Kool, Captain Colander, & Bob Bifford. It does not include the Ogre Slave Giant inducement.

All inducements must be rostered - they may not be changed from game to game.

Star Players, Inducements, and any other changes made in further Spike Magazines released after the writing of these rules will be confirmed as and when they come out.

For clarity:
A team reroll is not required to use the Piling On skill
No special play cards are permitted
Halfling Treemen gain the Timberrrr skill
Grak & Crumbleberry are permitted as star players, but only following the amended rules which can be found here
We will not be using the Illegal Procedure rule
Slave Giants are not permitted as inducements

Team Selection
You may choose from any of the NAF-permitted races. At the time of writing this includes the 21 races in the CRP, plus the three additional races (Underworld, Chaos Pact, and Slann). You may also bring Khorne or Bretonnian teams.

Stunty rosters are classified as Halfling, Ogre, or Goblin teams. Additionally, Saurus-free Lizardmen teams and Skaven-less Underworld teams will count as Stunty. Please contact Joe if you have any questions about the legality of your roster.

Whilst you don’t need to send in a roster in advance, please let me know the race you will be bringing by Sunday 20th September so that I can save time on set up in the morning.

Roster Building
You may spend up to 1.15 million gold pieces on your roster. Rosters may hire up to one star player on their team, which can be taken to make up 11 players. Stunty teams are an exception to this: they may hire two star players if they want (Brick Fa’arth & Grotty count as two).

If you’re not able to bring a digital roster in a format which can be shared with your opponent, please bring one copy of your roster for your opponent to refer to. Before the first match please take a moment to review your opponents’ roster - if you have any questions about it then do grab me.

Skills
You may give some of your players skills before the tournament. These will stay the same for all matches throughout the tournament. See the tier chart below for information on how many and which type of skills your selected team can choose:

Normal teams: 6 Normal skills + 1 double
Any team not explicitly mentioned below

Stunty: 7 Normal skills, 2 Double skills
Ogres, Halflings, Goblins, Underworld minus Skaven, Lizardmen minus Saurus

Skills may not be stacked, and star players may not be given additional skills.

Team Models
Please bring models which can be readily identified as the positional it is meant to be representing (e.g. no halflings moonlighting as Treemen). If you are bringing Khorne or Bretonnians please be prepared to spend additional time at the start of each match explaining their skills and positionals: not everyone will have played against the teams before.

Scoring
You will receive 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss. I don’t expect anyone to concede, but you would lose 50 points for doing so.

Please record casualties caused by blocks, fouls, secret weapons, surfs, and thrown team mates (on the opposition).

Tiebreakers
In the case of ties, they will be broken in the following order:
Touchdowns scored
Touchdown difference
Casualties inflicted
Casualty difference
Strength of schedule
Dice roll

Sportsmanship
There are no points for sportsmanship, but Blood Bowl is supposed to be fun. Everyone is expected to play to the best of their ability, be a good sport even if they feel that Nuffle is ignoring their pleas, and generally treat the game in the correct spirit.

Prizes
Winner, Runner-Up, Wooden Spoon (Bottom Place), Most TDs, and Most Casualties. If we have at least 3 coaches playing Stunty rosters then there will be a Stunty Cup.

Venue & Directions
The tournament will be held at St Leonard’s Church Hall in Eynsham. Directions can be found below for a number of means of transport. The address is: 21 High St, Eynsham, OX29 4HE. The venue is wheelchair accessible.

If you’re coming by car, please park in the Back Lane Car Park, which is about 3 minutes walk away.

If you’re coming by bus, the S1 from Oxford takes you to a bus stop 30 seconds’ walk away from the hall. You can get the S1 from George Street in Oxford, or outside the train station. The S1 is about every 15 minutes during the day and runs until midnight, so you’ll be able to grab a drink afterwards in one of Eynsham’s many pubs without worrying about getting home too late.

If you’re coming by train, the best station to go to is Oxford. Once you’re there, you should follow the directions for coming by bus: there’s an S1 bus stop in Frideswide Square 2 minutes walk from Oxford train station.

Food
There’s no food at the venue (it’s a church hall), but there’s a Co-op just down the road, as well as a café just in front of the venue.

Beer
We have been permitted to drink beer in the venue, as long as any evidence is tidied away. To help me with this, if you bring any alcohol at the venue please make sure it’s all cleaned up, including any spillages.

Reason: ''
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Screaming Spires 3 - Eynsham (nr Oxford) - 26 September

Post by mawph »

Hooray! Looking forward to it again already.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Ooooh! slip me in please :)

I'll make sure to have a couple of 5p coins ready :D

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

That bridge is annoying. Last time I went through I had to explain that I had no cash on me and that I was really sorry that I couldn't meet the toll.

It was easier than pointing out that all I had in the car were the following coins:
5 Euro cents
10 Euro cents
a fake, old, £1 coin (as in the complete reason why the £1 has been changed, because the coin is so obviously a fake that I'd been given in change sometime - it isn't even close to being able to be passed off as a real coin, the makers haven't even bothered to try to get it to be the right weight, feel, etc.)

Winner Thrud 2019!
Alchemist
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Alchemist »

I'll be there again, was good fun last year. I missed out on all the fun by selecting "No tolls" on my satnav, sounds like I should turn that off!

fallingdownjoe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fallingdownjoe »

Excellent news all! Looking forward to sharing the joy of the Stupidest Bridge In The World with more people!

Oh, and I've updated the OP with rules.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I now feel I need to know about this bridge?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

lunchmoney wrote:I now feel I need to know about this bridge?
It's a thing of beauty appearing out of nowhere

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.7749536 ... 312!8i6656

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

How quaint and archaic! 5p! What's the point :lol:

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

fallingdownjoe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fallingdownjoe »

If anyone knows the point then they’d be very welcome to explain it to the people of Eynsham: as it is, all the blasted thing does is slow down traffic, act as a bottleneck in rush hour, and annoy visitors.

That said, maybe I missed a trick in not calling the tournament BridgeBowl or similar...

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Toll Bowl for me :)

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Itchen Masack wrote:Toll Bowl for me :)
Alas, there's a new logo for the tournament and it features no bridges (at the moment ;))

You'd think I would learn though. The thing is that they give up in the evenings, so there's an opportunity to sneak through without having to deal with it.

Winner Thrud 2019!
thor87
Super Star
Super Star

Post by thor87 »

Count me in.

SquadChaos Captain.
TO of Thrudball
Attemptee of the "Best Painted 29" Challenge (Only Humans to go)
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

fallingdownjoe wrote:.
If you’re not able to bring a digital roster in a format which can be shared with your opponent, please bring one copy of your roster for your opponent to refer to. Before the first match please take a moment to review your opponents’ roster
:)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

fallingdownjoe wrote:Grak & Crumbleberry are permitted as star players, but only following the amended rules which can be found here
Where?

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com