SOLD OUT! Burmayhem Bowl V | Dec 5th | Birmingham

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Monkeyjuice
Veteran
Veteran

SOLD OUT! Burmayhem Bowl V | Dec 5th | Birmingham

Post by Monkeyjuice »

Welcome to the tournament thread for Burmayhem V!

You will find all the information about the tournament below. The more astute of you will have questions about the inclusion of new teams and rules, and these questions are welcome. To address them, there will be a supplemental FAQ brought out soon which addresses all of this. I would ask that you post your questions in this thread so that they can be collated and responded to in the document (I'll be sure to keep updating it). Thank you for any questions you have, as they really help to keep the tournament fine-tuned and help to improve it year on year!

COVID-19 and BURMAYHEM V

Given the issues with COVID-19 that we may still face at this time there will be some measures taken to avoid transmission of the virus. They are as follows:
  • One coach on each table will move to their next fixture at the start of each round. The other coach will remain seated. Which coach moves will be made clear on the table (green side of the table moves, red side stays). - I am currently reviewing this as it doesn't work!
    • Moving to fixtures may be staggered to avoid too many individuals moving at once.
    • Seating will be spaced 2 meters apart.
    • Spaces are currently limited at 24 coaches to allow for effective social distancing. This is subject to change only if the location can safely accommodate more coaches - we will review this soon.
    • Coaches must not touch any miniatures except their own.
    • Coaches must not share dice, tokens or any other items likely to be handled during the game.
    • Coaches must forego the traditional handshake before the start of the match.
    • Coaches are encouraged to wear a face mask if able and where reasonable (i.e. while not eating/drinking).
    • Coaches are encouraged to use hand sanitiser and wash their hands regularly to help protect against the spread of the virus.
    • Coaches who experience symptoms of COVID-19 must not attend the tournament. To encourage this, you will receive a full refund if you are unable to attend the tournament due to your having contracted COVID-19. Please stay home and stay safe if this is the case. For more information about COVID-19 and its symptoms, click here.
WELCOME

Welcome to the fifth Burmayhem Bowl, held at Geek Retreat Birmingham. We are glad to have you join us at this tournament, hosted by Birmingham’s Mayhem Blood Bowl League (MBBL). In this pack, we have provided you with all the information you need to prepare you and your team to compete in the Burmayhem Bowl. On behalf of myself, everyone at MBBL and the staff at Geek Retreat Birmingham, we hope you have a fantastic day and thank you for joining us.

EVENT DETAILS

Name: Burmayhem Bowl V
Location: Geek Retreat, 38 Priory Queensway, Birmingham, B4 7LA
Time: 10:30am until 07:00pm
Date: Saturday 5th December, 2020

WHAT YOU WILL NEED…

• 2 copies of your team roster.
• Block Dice, a d8, a d16 and 2d6.
• Models to represent your players. Each player must be numbered and painted with at least three colours.
• Pen or pencil.
• A pitch and dugouts.
• A range ruler and scatter templates.

WHAT YOU WILL GET…

• 3 Blood Bowl games.
• The chance to win one of ten trophies.

ITINERARY

10:30 am – 11:00 am: Registration and Set-Up
11:00 am – 1:15 pm: First Round
1:15 pm – 2:00 pm: Lunch
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Second Round
4:15 pm – 6:15 pm: Third Round
6:30 pm – 7:00 pm: Awards Ceremony

TOURNAMENT RULES

Games will be played using the NAF Tournament Rules, which includes the CRP. Rules will exclude the “Illegal Procedure” rule.
Turns will not be timed unless coaches are not halfway through their match after an hour of gameplay. In this case, each coach will be allowed a maximum of 4 minutes per turn until the end of the round.
Burmayhem Bowl is a resurrection tournament. Rosters will be reset each round, meaning that players are fully restored to health/life. No SPPs are accumulated, nor are any improvement rolls made. No gold is earned from matches.

ROSTER CREATION

Each coach has an allowance of 1,100,000 gold pieces with which to create their roster.
Coaches do not purchase skills with their gold allowance. Skills are awarded to players for free.
All skills will be chosen before the tournament and will stay the same for all matches throughout the tournament. See the tier chart below for information on how many and which type of skills your selected team can choose:

Tier 1: 5 Normal skills.
Amazons, Bretonnian, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, Necromantic, Norse, Orcs, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elves

Tier 2: 5 Normal skills, 1 Double skill
Chaos, Chaos Pact, Elves, High Elves, Humans, Khemri, Khorne, Nurgle, Vampires, Slann, Underworld

Tier 3: 5 Normal skills, 2 Double skill.
Goblins, Halflings, Ogres

The following restrictions apply to skills:
  • • No player may be given more than one skill.
    • No more than 3 players can have the same skill.
    • Stat increases cannot be taken.
    • Star players may not be given skills.
    • You must have at least 11 players on your roster. Star Players purchased during team creation do not count towards your minimum 11 players required for a team.
    • Inducements may be purchased during team creation, including 0-2 Star Players, but excluding Wizards, Special Play Cards, and Unlimited Mercenaries. Inducements bought in this way are considered a permanent part of the team and can be used each game. Opposing teams may have the same Star Player.
    • Teams may be selected from any of the available 26 races approved by the NAF.
    • The following are eligible to win the Stunty Cup: Halflings, Ogres, Goblins.
PAIRING & SCORING

Opponents will be selected randomly for Round 1. Rounds 2 & 3 will be selected using the Swiss pairing system (most points vs. most points, lowest points vs. lowest points, etc.). Coaches are awarded points based on the following:

+20 points for each win
+10 points for each draw
+0 points for each loss

+ 1 point per TD (Max. 3 points)
+ 1 point per CAS (Max. 3 points)(Blocks only)

SPECIAL TOURNAMENT RULES

During each round of the tournament, the following special rules will be in effect. The following effects do not apply to Star Players. If a Star Player is randomly selected for the effect, then re-roll the dice until an eligible player is selected.

Round 1: Mess with the Bull…

The spirit animal of Burmayhem has taken hold of one of your players. Unbeknownst to them, a daemonic ember from the spirit of the bovine deity Hashut has possessed them. Suddenly, they sprout long, thick horns on their head, and develop a real bad attitude!

Select three players from your team and roll a D3 to choose one at random. That player now has the skills Horns and Frenzy for the remainder of the tournament. If the affected player already has the Horns skill, then they will only gain the Frenzy skill and vice versa. If the affected player has both the Frenzy and Horns skills then they do not benefit from the extra skills (i.e. the skills are not cumulative). Players with the Grab skill cannot gain the Frenzy skill.

Round 2: …You’ll Get the Horns!

Another player on your team has got the rage of the bull rising up! The beast within is rearing its ugly head - or maybe that’s just how your player usually looks? Does the player gain bouts of bullish strength, the fiery leap of a bucking bull or the blinding speed of the charge?

Use a d16 to randomly select one player on the pitch to gain one of the following combinations: +1 Movement Allowance, Sprint and Sure Feet; +1 Strength, Thick Skull and Grab; +1 Agility, Leap and Very Long Legs; or +1 Armour Value, Guard and Stand Firm. Your player will keep the chosen combination for the remainder of the tournament. If the player randomly selected is the one already blessed from Round 1, then you must re-roll until another, eligible player is selected. Note: A player with Frenzy does not benefit from the Grab skill.

Round 3: Seeing Red!

Oh bullocks! Hashut’s blessing appears to have brought out the worst in your players! They can barely control their unbridled, bestial rage! Will your players be able to supress their temper and stop themselves from submitting to the will of Hashut? Can they overcome their wild side? I hope your team colours aren’t red!

The two players benefiting from the effects of Rounds 1 and 2 now have the Wild Animal and Animosity skills for the entire match (note that Animosity applies to all teammates in this case, not just those of a different race).

AWARDS & PRIZES

Trophies will be given during the award ceremony for the following:
  • • 1st Place (most match points)
    • 2nd Place (second most match points)
    • 3rd Place (third most match points)
    • Most Violent (most casualties inflicted)
    • Highest Scoring (most touchdowns scored)
    • Best Defence (fewest touchdowns conceded)
    • Stunty Cup (most match points scored by a Stunty team)
    • Best Appearance (participating coach must have personally painted their team to be eligible for this award)
    • Wooden Spoon (fewest match points)
    • Steveo’s Coaches’ Coach Award (most supportive and friendly coach on the day)
HOW TO REGISTER
  • Step One: Send payment via PayPal to brumbbtourney@gmail.com. Include your full name, NAF name and NAF number in the note on the payment. The price is £10/15 for NAF members/non-NAF members (one year’s NAF membership is included in the ticket price).
    Step Two: Send your roster to brumbbtourney@gmail.com before November 28th 2020.
    Step Three: Arrive with everything you need to play in the tournament at 10:30am on Saturday 5th December 2020.
STORE INFORMATION
Note: The contact for the event is Shaun (TO), not Geek Retreat.

Attending (paid/not paid):
  • 1) Sparky
    2) Raveen
    3) griffter
    4) drewcifer
    5) Longstride
    6) bumcheekdave
    7) Steven H
    8 ) MiketheRake
    9) LittleYoshi1979
    10) Thor
    11) Glow
    12) Inderol
    13) austintacious
    14) MightyRig
    15) ZerosGiven
    16) deeferdan
    17) FatGandalf
    18) Bogenhafen_Bron
    19) TheChamp
    20) KFoged
    21) brucl33t
    22) Obsydyan
    23) Gillywonka
    24) Skitters
Reserves:
  • 1st) Jason Butler
    2nd) fluxpac
    3rd) bungeeman
    4th) Skraggdave
    5th) angryhobbit
    6th) Wobert
    7th) Martin Aston
    8th) Alex Gunning
    9th) kissthehurricane
    10th) Cassie Rouse
    11th) Alex Lee
    12th) leap
    13th) Rob Balmforth
    14th) Sam Wilding
    15th) Steve Cross
    16th) Stuart Knight
    17th) Ben Hawksworth
    18th) Pete Goold
    19th) Gorgoroth
Interested:
  • • Grimslick
    • AngryHobbit

Reason: ''
thor87
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Burmayhem Bowl V | Dec 5th | Birmingham

Post by thor87 »

I will be there

SquadChaos Captain.
TO of Thrudball
Attemptee of the "Best Painted 29" Challenge (Only Humans to go)
Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

Definitely want to return to this one.

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
Monkeyjuice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Monkeyjuice »

Hello All!

Apologies for the communication blackout during the lockdown, I appreciate that it will have been frustrating to many of you.

I've had a number of folks contact me to establish whether the tournament will go ahead. As it is, there are a lot of variables that I need to take into account while I figure out whether I am comfortable in hosting the tournament this year, including availability of suitable venues and the limited time with which to procure funding through ticket sales.

All I ask is that, for now, you leave it with me and as soon as I determine the viability of the tournament I will let you know.

Best,
Shaun aka Monkeyjuice

Monkeyjuice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Monkeyjuice »

The tournament will be going ahead!

The description above has been changed accordingly. A PDF of the rules will be uploaded soon.

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

• One coach on each table will move to their next fixture at the start of each round. The other coach will remain seated. Which coach moves will be made clear on the table (green side of the table moves, red side stays).

My apologies, but I don't see how this will work within the Swiss system? As an extreme example what happens if all the coaches on the green side win Round 1?

Obsydyan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Obsydyan »

Sent payment

Monkeyjuice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Monkeyjuice »

Itchen Masack wrote:• One coach on each table will move to their next fixture at the start of each round. The other coach will remain seated. Which coach moves will be made clear on the table (green side of the table moves, red side stays).

My apologies, but I don't see how this will work within the Swiss system? As an extreme example what happens if all the coaches on the green side win Round 1?
That's a great question - thank you! So, if two coaches are to play one another and are sat at a red space, neither would be able to make the move to play their match. A great point. Leave it with me, I'll figure out a solution and adjust the rule accordingly.

Thanks again, Masack (brilliant name btw)

Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

Paid.
Looking forward to this but not the travelling part.

Monkeyjuice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Monkeyjuice »

Angry Hobbit wrote:Paid.
Looking forward to this but not the travelling part.
Argh! Angry Hobbit! I am so so sorry, but you've paid one minute after we gave the last space! :( :( :(

If someone can't go, fails to pay in a reasonable amount of time, or we get more spaces safely added then I'll be sure to give you a nudge.

Would you like me to refund the money you sent for now?

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Re: SOLD OUT! Burmayhem Bowl V | Dec 5th | Birmingham

Post by Skitters »

....sorry about that Angry Hobbit

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

How is it "sold out" if (currently more than) half the attendees haven't paid?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

I saw that the list had updated just after I paid. Just bad luck :cry:

Anyway, looks like you re-funded me. No problems.
Happy to stay on the reserve list.

Thanks.

Monkeyjuice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Monkeyjuice »

lunchmoney wrote:How is it "sold out" if (currently more than) half the attendees haven't paid?
Most don't have the money until a little later this month. Given that a lot of people are struggling with work and finances at the moment, I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt (most of the folks I know well in any case) and not deny them the opportunity to attend just because their financial situation wouldn't allow them to purchase a spot immediately.

Monkeyjuice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Monkeyjuice »

Reserves List Update

Last night I (painstakingly) went through all the requests for spaces that were made after we reached capacity. The reserves list now reflects people's order of request based on the time they asked. In other words, if you asked earliest then you are first in the queue. I know some people will have moved up/down the list, but this is the fairest way as opposed to me adding you when I spotted you.
Thanks once again for the support, patience and understanding and my sincerest apologies that we can't have all of you come along. It's heartbreaking, to be honest, but it also bodes well for a successful and busy event next winter!