Alpha Games Autumn Bowl 2022 - Stanton, Suffolk - 24 September 2022 - *BESTERS WINS*

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

fiskey7
Experienced
Experienced

Alpha Games Autumn Bowl 2022 - Stanton, Suffolk - 24 September 2022 - *BESTERS WINS*

Post by fiskey7 »

This tournament is NAF sanctioned.

This event will be held on Saturday 24 September 2022, from 10.00 until 19.00.

Alpha Games, Unit 7 Shepherds Grove (West), Stanton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 2AR

Tickets are £10 and areavailable from the Alpha Games website - link below:

https://www.alphagames.co.uk/events/407547367878806

There is a limit of 28 coaches for the event - this is the maximum the shop can hold.

Format
The tournament will be a three game tournament using Blood Bowl Season Two (BB 2020) Official Rules (as clarified by the most recent official FAQ). The first game will be randomly drawn between coaches with subsequent matchups following a Swiss - Resurrection style system.

Team Building
Starting team value will be 1.15 million gold pieces (Team Value 1150) and coaches may choose a legal roster up to this value. Rosters may be chosen from any of the teams in the Blood Bowl Rule Book, the official “Teams of Legend” pdf, the new Khorne roster from Spike Magazine 13, the new Norse roster from Spike Magazine 14 and the additional NAF Roster for Slann. Any additional official teams and rosters from Spike magazines released before the event will also be allowed.

SPP Budgets
This will be a resurrection format tournament (no long term injuries) and with no progression (no star player points earned). When building their roster, coaches may purchase skills for their team according to the SPP Budget allocation below for each tier (tiers are as per the 2020 rulebook adjusted by the latest official FAQ).

● Tier 1 Teams – 30 Star Player Points

Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, High Elf, Lizardmen, Norse, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elf

● Tier 2 Teams - 42 Star Player Points

Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Elven Union, Human, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Necromantic Horror, Nurgle, Old World Alliance,
Orc, Slann, Tomb Kings, Vampires

● Tier 3 Teams - 54 Star Player Points

Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Snotling

Only chosen primary skills (6 Star Player Points) or chosen secondary skills (12 Star Player Points) may be selected, randomly chosen skills are not allowed. Characteristic increases are not allowed. Players on Tier 1 & 2 teams can only have one additional skill each. Players on Tier 3 teams can have up to two additional skills each, however the second additional skill will cost an extra 2 Star Player Points.

Inducements
Any inducements from the list of “common inducements” on page 89 of the Blood Bowl rulebook can be taken, with the following changes:

● 0-2 Star Players may be hired as listed in the 2020 Rulebook, Death Zone and from Spike Magazines from issue 11 onwards released before the
event, the 2021 Almanac, and any official GW star players released before the event whose rules are published with the relevant model, but in all cases only after
a roster of at least 11 ordinary players has been hired, and subject to the SPP tax explained below.
● Legacy Star Players are not allowed.
● Wizards, Biased Referees, Mercenaries and Special Play card inducements are not allowed.
● The following additional inducement rules from the “Death Zone” supplement are allowed:
● (In)Famous Coaching Staff
● Other Inducements from p36-39, excluding Medicinal Unguent and Side Bet.
● Any additional inducements published in any official Spike magazine prior to the date of the event (excluding any from the excluded categories
listed above e.g. Wizards).
● A special inducement “Little Brown Envelope” is available to all coaches for the price of 5,000 gold pieces. This enables the coach to re-roll an
“argue the call” roll once per game. Coaches are only allowed to purchase this inducement once.

Star Players and SPP Tax
If a team hires any Star Players then as well as paying the GP cost it must also deduct the relevant “SPP Tax” from its SPP Budget available to purchase skills for the team’s other players. If a team hires 2 Star Players then it must pay the SPP tax for each player. For example, a Tier 3 Team starts with an SPP budget of 54 Star Player Points. If it decides to hire Deeproot Strongbranch, this will cost 30 SPP from their initial 54 SPP allocation, leaving 24 SPP for them to use on additional skills for their normal players.
Star Player table - Autumn 22.PNG
Weather
As this tournament will be played during autumn, the usual weather table will be replaced by the Autumn Weather Table detailed on page 77 of the Death Zone supplement (copies of this weather table will be provided at the event for those who do not have Death Zone).

Scoring and Prizes
The scoring system will be 30 points for a win, 15 points for a draw and zero points for a loss. Bonus points will be awarded for each casualty caused (including casualties caused via foul or crowd surf) and touchdowns scored, to a maximum of 3 points for each. Tiebreakers will be Strength of Schedule followed by Touchdown difference and then Casualties difference.

Prizes for the day will include:
● Winner
● Runner Up
● Most Touchdowns
● Most Casualties
● Stunty Cup (highest place Tier 3 team)
● Wooden Spoon

There will be spot prizes available on the day for the winner of particular challenges each round!

Schedule for the day

Each round should be played within a time limit of 2hrs 15 minutes. Timing reminders will be shouted out to help coaches stay within the time window for each round.

Registration and Round 1 draw 10.00 – 10.30
Round 1 10.30 – 12.45
Lunch 12.45 – 13.30
Round 2 13.30 – 15.45
Round 3 16.00 – 18.15
Results and Prizes 18.15 – 18.30

Alpha Games is a FLGS which stocks a wide range of gaming merchandise at generally reduced prices. It does sell a limited selection of hot and cold food and drink. It is situated in a rural industrial estate, so surrounding amenities are limited but the local village centre is a 2 minute drive, and this has a village shop, fish & chip shop and bakery which will all be open on the day of the event (bakery maybe only until lunchtime).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
fiskey7
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Alpha Games Autumn Bowl 2022 - Stanton, Suffolk - 24 September 2022

Post by fiskey7 »

Tickets are now available to purchase on the Alpha Games website - see link:

https://www.alphagames.co.uk/events/407547367878806

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

Just paid for myself & Horus07

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onyersix »

I picked up a ticket last night, and it already showed availability down to 7 tickets remaining.

besters

Post by besters »

I think it was 5 left after my purchases!

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Thanks for posting - I thought I’d been following this closely enough but apparently I had not! Four left now.

fiskey7
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fiskey7 »

There are actually a few more than 4 left - for some reason there was only 20 tickets listed for sale when the capacity is 28. I'll get the shop to update.

Current sign up list:

1. Fiskey7 (spare)
2. Unsullied
3. Bashman
4. Farleybear
5. Headlesscoach
6. Strubot
7. Gethyn
8. Turtlehead
9. Onyersix
10. Besters
11. Horus07
12. Purplegoo
13. Lrdforde
14. Corporal14
15. Andy Cook (NAF name to be confirmed)
16. Andy Cook (NAF name to be confirmed)
17. Mevans
18. Wabe_2009
19. J Sibley (NAF to be confirmed)
20. Ploppy_mcploppy

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onyersix »

Do we have an area NAF representative attending? My NAF membership was going to have expired a week earlier, so I have just paid it on thenaf.com to ensure I am up to date, but would be helpful to know who I need to speak to for any dice for this year.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I don't believe anyone on the list is current staff.

If you've paid via the website, will they not mail you the bits?

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

The 2022 gift isn't available on the NAF site yet - I'm in a similar situation where I renewed online but didn't want to pick another previously received gift :)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I think it's not available when doing online renewal as the '22 gift is still in short supply. We (regional reps) mostly don't have any either 🤷

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
fiskey7
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fiskey7 »

Is there a regional rep for the East of England out of interest? There isn't one listed on the NAF website, so last time I had a query I went to Deeferdan as the Midlands seemed the closest!

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Got it, re: gift.

Re: rep, I don't believe there is an East of England rep, no. One to pick up with Hawca if you'd like - I'll not derail the tournament thread with pros, cons or opinions. :)

besters

Post by besters »

Looks like Horus07 can't now make this, real life strikes again!

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Thanks to all for a lovely day. Well done Jim!