Collegebowl tournament. Cambridge. 25/02/23. Blood bowl 2020.

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Silas65
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Collegebowl tournament. Cambridge. 25/02/23. Blood bowl 2020.

Post by Silas65 »

Hi all sorry for the long absence after submitting tournament results.
First Thanks to Mike for correcting the my mistake during the upload of the tournament results and thanks to Ben for posting the results.
For people that don't have facebook or are not in the alphagame blood bowl group.

This first edition of the cambridge College Bowl was a great day full of Blood bowl action.
Before diving into the recap I would like to thanks all of the players that came, hope all of you had a wonderful day and you enjoyed the house rules.
A special thanks to Lee, Luke and Dave, those beautiful human beings. These guys set every tables the night before, came to check on me during the day and gift me some coffee. Big thanks to you. And a big thanks to everyone that also helped putting back the tables at the end. I litterally moved one table during the day. And a special thanks to all the 2D6 from our local league and Ben for helping me with Score.

THE RECAP:
Let's begin with the list of players and the teams:
bobblegrox Black orcs
Mr_Zay Chaos Dwarfs
pmdtho Chaos Renegades
Strubot Dark Elfs
Unsullied Dwarfs
Mr_Frodo Dwarfs
Sandwich Goblin
Howlinggriffon Halflings
Wabe2009 Humans
mevans Khorne
Bashman Lizardmen
MonkeyRage Necromantic Horrors
PaganAgent Necromantic Horrors
g_clark Nurgle
Onyersix Ogre
RuffNTumble Ogre
Wotfudboy Orcs
HeadlessCoach Shambling Undeads
Recalculate Shambling Undeads
Besters Shambling Undeads
Pindballgeorge Skavens
Hoggul Skavens
fiskey7 Skavens
GreenskinPhil Snotlings

Team representation was interesting with approximatively 25% of stunties then a lots of undeads and skavens. To note, there was only one brave elf player.
Most likely due to their cost of skills, only stunties were running star players.

Despite the TO being late for opening the room, we started on time foe the first round:
It was a nice first round, with a lot of interesting matches both in term of casualties and touchdown with two matches with 10 or more casualties. 5 each for mevans and Onyersix in an interesting Ogre vs Khorne blood bath that ends up with a 2 to 1 TD victory for the Ogres. And a impressive 8 Casualties for Besters and his Undead against the goblin team of Sandwich that manages to cause 4 casualties in return.
but this round wasnt all about casulaties, as Hoggul and his skaven and Wabe2009 and his human delivered a formidable match full of everything we like in Bloodbowl: 7 touch downs, 5 casulaties and 4 passes ! The match ended up with a 1 TD lead victory for Wabe2009 and this is definetely the kind of match that I would have love to watch from beginning to end.

After this first round, we all had a one hour lunch break were players could stretch their legs and also participate and/or vote for the painting contest. 7 teams were participating to the contest. halfling, goblin, undead, ogre, chaos renegades, dwarfs and skaven. All the team were painted to a very good standard but two teams really catched the eyes of the voters. The Chaos Renegade team of pmdtho that wins the contest with 7 votes and and the Halfling team of Howlinggriffon that received 6 votes. Sadly I didn't take any picture of the contest or of the two finalist teams. But you can see all the photos of the events on Facebook ( Alphagames Bloodbowl and Cambridge Bloodbowl).

Second round started shortly after the end of the lunch break:
This round was also a brutal round with several matches with 9 or more casualties. Again the Khorne team of mevans lead the way by inflicting an impressive 8 casualties to the goblin team of Sandwich (Poor goblins suffered 16 casualties in two rounds). Both Greenskinphil goblins's and Howlinggriffon halflings's also endured their fair share of pain, each sufering 6 casualties respectively facing Wotfudboy orcs's and pmdtho renegades's.
But this round wasn't just a stunties beating feast as a lot of touchdowns were also scored in that round. The most impressive scoring performance was coming from fiskey7's skaven team wich managed to score 5 TD against RuffNTumble's ogres, taking advantage of their speed and the anormal number of failed bonehead rolls of their larger opponents.
Finally the two best teams of the last round, wabe2009's human team and Onyersix Ogre team's, faced each other to conquer the top of the ranking. Both of the team were helped by an hired star player calling himself Griff, on the pitch nobody could tell who was the real Griff and only the result of this great match could indicate that the imposter was on the human side. Indeed, after a really close game, Onyersix's team manage to win the match by scoring 4 TD against the 3 TD of wabe2009's humans, securing it's first spot at the end of this second round.

After a short 15 minutes break, round 3 was up:
This was the final round and as for the two previous turns, players keep the causualties and TD ratio high. mevans, RuffNTumble, Onyersix and pmdtho kept entertaining the fans of the 'Blood' in 'Blood bowl', infligting a combine 19 casualties to their opponents !
Leading the ranking at the end of the second round, Onyersix was facing the second best player of the day pmdtho and his renegade. this was a great blood bowl final, with a lot of TDs and even more casualties ( as mention above). After 16 turns of great blood bowl, Onyersix emerge victorious, scoring 3 TDs for only 1 for pmdtho.

Finally after 3 great rounds of Blood bowl, the tournament was over and the final ranking was the following:
# Race Coach Score Touchdowns Casualties
1 Ogre Onyersix 6 8 - 4 12 - 14
2 Shambling Undead Recalculate 5 4 - 1 4 - 7
3 Necromantic Horror MonkeyRage 5 5 - 2 6 - 5
4 Shambling Undead Bester 5 4 - 2 10 - 7
5 Chaos Dwarf Mr_Zay 5 4 - 1 5 - 0
6 Skaven Pindballgeorge 5 7 - 3 3 - 4
7 Chaos Renegade pmdtho 4 3 - 3 14 - 9
8 Skaven fiskey7 4 7 - 3 9 - 5
9 Halfling Howlinggriffon 4 3 - 1 9 - 12
10 Dark Elf Strubot 4 3 - 1 5 - 7
11 Snotling GreenskinPhil 3 3 - 3 6 - 10
12 Orc Wotfudboy 3 2 - 2 10 - 3
13 Dwarf Unsullied 3 3 - 3 9 - 3
14 Shambling Undead HeadlessCoach 3 3 - 2 5 - 5
15 Dwarf Mr_Frodo 2 2 - 4 9 - 3
16 Khorne mevans 2 2 - 4 18 - 12
17 Human Wabe2009 2 7 - 8 10 - 6
18 Ogre RuffNTumble 2 4 - 6 8 - 10
19 Lizardmen Bashman 2 3 - 5 8 - 8
20 Black Orc bobblegrox 1 2 - 6 2 - 7
21 Nurgle G_Clark 1 1 - 3 5 - 5
22 Goblin Sandwich 1 1 - 3 8 - 19
23 Necromantic Horror PaganAgent 0 0 - 6 3 - 9
24 Skaven Hoggul 0 5 - 10 2 - 10

Congratulations to Onyersix for his first place with his Ogre team staring Grif ! An impressive results with a Stunty team. And he also manage to score the biggest number of TD.
The runner up was Recalculate with his shambling undead. A very good results for a first tournament!
The best Stunty was Howlinggriffon with his Halfling team staring "Deepgroot" strongbranch . A really nicely painted team that finished second at the painting contest.
The spoon was for Hoggul with his skaven. But he was also the player that completed the biggest number of passes( yes you can still pass in blood bowl 2020 😂).
Most TD prize was for PinballGeorge and his skaven who scored 7 TD and had the best differential in net TD.
Most casualty prize was for mevans and his brutal Khorne team who managed to cas 18 players with only 3 round of blood bowl!
Most pass was for wabe2009 and his human staring Grif.
The painting contest was won by pmdtho and his beautifully painted Chaos renegade.
Thanks to friskey7 for posting the ranking.
Congratulations to everyone for doing the 3 rounds and thank you all again for attending my first blood bowl tournament. If you have comments, advices or critics please don't hesitate to tell and I'll try to improve for the next version of CCB.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

That write up was worth the wait. More TOs should do that 👏👏

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Awesome write up - was lovely to hear that I ever got close to the number of painting votes as pmdtho as that team was fantastic. Btw - I think you put me down on the NAF results page for most TD as well as Stunty Cup. Wouldn't want George to miss that out on his record :)

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onyersix »

Thanks very much for posting up Silas. It was a great day, and I will definitely try to attend if you run this again. Maybe I'll try Elven Union...
Do you have any details on which Book was most popular? I heard a lot of players taking the Book of Sturdiness with Armbar, Tackle, and Thick Skull, but it would be interesting to see if there was a spread across all options.