Prostate Cancer UK Blood Bowl Tournament 2023 - 29th October 2023 (Lancaster, UK)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Forgotmytea
Experienced
Experienced

Prostate Cancer UK Blood Bowl Tournament 2023 - 29th October 2023 (Lancaster, UK)

Post by Forgotmytea »

🏈 Prostate Cancer UK Blood Bowl Tournament 2023 🏈

Welcome to the second annual Prostate Cancer UK Blood Bowl Tournament! Enjoy a nice day of Blood Bowl at the Lancaster House Hotel (address below). The tournament is part of our Prostate Cancer UK Board Game Day, which aims to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK. As such, it's completely free to enter – if you'd like to donate you're absolutely encouraged to join in the charity raffle where you can win board games :) Lunch isn't included, but there's a lovely bar in the hotel that does a variety of food or there's a selection of Co-Op/Greggs style stores in the University just across the road.

Address:
Lancaster House Hotel
Green Lane, Bailrigg
Lancaster
LA1 4GJ
England

Rules
Lancasterbowl will be using current (Second Season) rules and NAF approved additions as follows.

• Blood Bowl Second Season Rulebook
• Star players and teams from Spike! Almanac 2021 and Spike! Almanac 2022
• Current designers commentary/FAQ from GW

IMPORTANT NOTE: This contains not just rule clarifications and rulings but an amended tier lists and new (increased) costs for Hakflem and Morg'n'Thorg. Please speak to the ref team if you have any queries :)

• Current Teams of Legend from Warhammer Community Page
• Current NAF Rules for Tournaments (including Slann teams)

Note: Akhorne the squirrel appears in Spike! 13 and is therefore permitted in this tournament. A link to his character card/profile appears at the end of this post

• Note that the rules for Exhibition Play are being used (Second Season Rulebook pages 101-103). That includes the Exhibition specific version of the Prayers to Nuffle table found in that section.
• “Low cost linemen” has no effect. All your rostered Snotlings/gnobblars are purchased normally!
• As we will be using “Resurrection” rules; coaches will play each match with the same starting roster and do not need to record SPPs or any ongoing injuries.
• Undead, Necromantic and Nurgle teams may gain an additional player as per the relevant “Masters of Undeath” or “Plague Ridden” rules but any players gained this way do not carry over to subsequent matches
• In the event of a discrepancy or unclear range band for a pass or TTM action, the chart on page 48 should be used.
• The ref team will be on hand to ensure rounds run to time and will advise of time remaining periodically throughout each round.
• Each player on your roster must be represented by an appropriate painted miniature. You do not need to have miniatures for coaching staff but of course may do so if you wish.

Etiquette
• Blood bowl is a battle of skill and luck between you and your opponent. Quick reference guides are useful and encouraged. Play books that tell you how to set up, attempt a one turner etc. are not!
• We may not be able to include anyone that arrives after the registration period has closed in the initial round one draw. Previously the head ref has provided emergency spare man cover but we feel we need at least one dedicated ref so we won’t do this here.
• Please don’t distract the top table(s) whilst they are playing the game, especially if you have a vested interest in a particular outcome!

Rosters
Rosters are purchased with a treasury of 1,150,000 gold crowns as per the exhibition play rules on page 101 of the Second Season rulebook.

We'll be using TourPlay - link to follow shortly! :)

Only the following inducements are permitted, and your team must include at least 11 standard players before purchasing any inducements.

• 0-3 Bribes at 100k each (50k for teams with the Bribery and Corruption special rule)
• 0-1 Riotous Rookies at 100k (Ogre or Snotling teams only)
• 0-1 Halfling Master Chef at 300k (100k for Halfling teams)
• TIER 3 TEAMS ONLY may hire 0-2 Star Players as detailed below. NOTE this costs a “tax” of some of the team’s skill allocation in addition to their hiring cost as detailed below.
• If two coaches are drawn against each other in the tournament with the same Star Player(s) on their roster, then both coaches are permitted to use the Star (contrary to the normal rule). Think of it as wizard shennanigans, dopplegangers, or skilled imposters (I hear Domber Bribblesnot is a solid up-and-coming player!)

Additional Skills
Each team will be offered a skills package to enhance their players; this will be done using the GW published tier system and has been amended according to the Tier List published in November 2021.
TIER 1: Amazons, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, High Elf, Lizardmen, Norse, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elves
TIER 2: Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Elven Union, Humans, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Necromantic Horror, Nurgle, Old World Alliance, Orcs, Slann*, Tomb Kings, Vampires
TIER 3 (stunty): Goblin, Halfling, Ogres, Snotlings

* Slann are found in the "NAF rules for tournament" linked below

The packages will be as follows:

TIER 1 = 5 primary skills
you may only take primary skills

TIER 2 = 7 primary skills
You may swap two primary skills for a secondary – this can only be done once

TIER 3 (Stunty) = 9 primary skills and no star players
OR 7 plus one star player
OR 5 plus two star players
You still have to pay the hiring cost of the star(s) as normal and you will have fewer skills as above
You may swap two primary skills for a secondary – you may do this up to twice

All skills are to be chosen and recorded prior to the tournament. Random skills are NOT allowed. Players may receive a maximum of one additional skill, with the exception of star players who can't be given additional skills - they're already skillful enough! There are no restrictions on skill duplication i.e. you may give multiple players the same skill if you wish.

Games and Scoring
The first round will be drawn randomly, with all further rounds using the Swiss system. The overall winner will be the coach with the most points at the end of the day – there will be no final.
Points are scored as follows:
50 points for a win.
20 points for a draw.
0 points for a loss.
+1 Bonus point per touchdown (max 3 bonus points in each round)
+1 Bonus point per casualty (max 3 bonus points in each round)
Ties to be determined on the following (in order) Head to Head, Strength of Schedule, Combined TD and Casualty difference
Casualty score in this case is casualties from blocking only, not from other ways (e.g. being pushed into the crowd or fouling). Note that if a blocking player rolls an attacker down (skull) or both down result and is injured it counts as a casualty for the player they were trying to block.

Scheduling
10:00 to 10:30 Registration
10:30 to 12:45 Game One
12:45 to 13:15 Lunch
13:15 to 15:30 Game Two
15:30 to 15:45 Break
15:45 to 18:00 Game Three
18:00 to 18:30 Awards and close

Awards
Subject to sufficient sign ups we aim to give awards in the following categories.
• Overall Winner
• Most CAS
• Most TDs
• Stunty Cup (highest placing stunty team)
• Best painted
• Wooden Spoon (last place)

Things To Bring With You
• A painted team :)
• Your Blood Bowl pitch.
• Dice.
• Templates.
• Three roster sheets (one for the head ref, one for yourself and one for your opponent).

Covid-19 Safety measures
Hopefully we will be able to run this event with no notable restrictions but please be understanding if we need to apply any appropriate measures. Please do not attend if you or a member of your household has recently tested positive. Please respect your opponent's wishes and requests if they have any, such as not handling their models, not shaking hands etc.

Rules clarifications
Note some rules/interpretations are currently under active discussion, however the ref team would like to make their interpretation and intent on the following clear.
SSRB Page 27 “Falling Over” Please read "If a player Falls Over, a turnover is caused" as "If a player *on the active team* falls over, a turnover is caused". Reasoning: Under some very specific circumstances (e.g. on the ball skill) you may be able to move during your opponent’s turn. Having a player from the inactive team fall over will not cause a turnover in this way.
SSRB Page 130 & 133 "Two for One" (Grak and Crumbleberry). This is not explicitly clarified but if both halves of a "Two for One" partnership become available again (e.g. recovery from KO) they will revert to their standard Loner 4+ trait. (note that you cannot use your team apothecary on a star player).

Useful links:
Teams of Legend
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... WvxPj1.pdf
Blood bowl “designers’ commentary” and errata
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... ylahgt.pdf
NAF rules for Tournaments 2023
https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploa ... s-2023.pdf

Any questions at all please reach out to myself (Ben Brissenden, NAF name Forgotmytea) and I'll be happy to help :)

Coaches:
0. Myself as a spare player in case of odd numbers
1. Waldorf28
2. showmemagik
3. Tankowknight
4. shaniepoo
5. CADMonkey
6. spleggy
7. Scouseboy
8. firebreather
9. dafo
10. Tax-E-Cab
11. widram
12. shaniepoo
14. Bigshillers
15. musicwithrocksin
19. Camelchops
20. EdWith1D
21. unclecal
22. dusher1
23. Bobbledo
24. AngryGerbil
25. SickAsEggs
26. BenS
27. Sidestep 404
29. Yudlugar
30. pfwgames

Reason: ''
Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Prostate Cancer UK Blood Bowl Tournament 2023 - 29th October 2023 (Lancaster, UK)

Post by Waldorf28 »

Sign me up!

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
showmemagik
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Prostate Cancer UK Blood Bowl Tournament 2023 - 29th October 2023 (Lancaster, UK)

Post by showmemagik »

Count me in

Tankowknight
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tankowknight »

Sign me up please

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Loved it last year so defo in for this year!

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
CADMonkey
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CADMonkey »

Please sign me up.

spleggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by spleggy »

Sign me up, I have unfinished business ;)

=====
spleggy
WYBBL head TO
Scouseboy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scouseboy »

Sign me up!

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Count me in :)

Forgotmytea
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Forgotmytea »

TourPlay is now active! Plenty of time to brew your rosters, and for me to see if I can fit Ripper in my Goblins for if we have an odd number and I have to play 😳

https://tourplay.net/en/blood-bowl/pros ... -2023/news

Ben

Dafo5
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dafo5 »

Missed this last year so sign me up!
Dafo 23381

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

Put me down please

Bigshillers
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bigshillers »

Is the tournament going to be NAF approved?

Forgotmytea
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Forgotmytea »

Bigshillers wrote: ↑Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:27 pm Is the tournament going to be NAF approved?
Oh yes! :D

Bigshillers
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bigshillers »

Sign me up then please 👍