THBBL & BGC presents PumpkinBowl 2023 (Bristol) 29th October 1 Day event

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

THBBL & BGC presents PumpkinBowl 2023 (Bristol) 29th October 1 Day event

Post by Tiki1985 »

Welcome to the first every tournament ran by THBBL and BGC!

The key information

When:
29/10/23

Where:
Bristol Gaming collective, 159 -179 Kingsland Rd, Bristol, BS2 0QW

Parking:
There is on street parking around the venue but it is limited

We accept no responsibility for parking issues!

How much:
£15, we would like to ask that all coaches sign up to NAF beforehand if required

All payments are to be made by paypal FRIENDS AND FAMILY PAYEMENT ONLY to tikihutbloodbowl@gmail.com

Can we ask that along with payment you send us your email, name and NAF number & name

What do you get:
Each coach will receive a 3d printed mascot model and 2D6 (1 THBBL and 1 BGC) in there welcome pack

What should you bring: Your team which must be painted to 3 colours minimum, based and WYSIWYG, proxies are allowed but must be themed to match as a team and positions must be clearly identifiable, a pitch, your dice, any relevant markers, tokens, templates and gifts for your lovely organisers and referees

There may be enough pitches on site but if some people can bring some in case we are short that would be greatly appreciated

Rules:

All teams are reset after every game using the resurrection format. No SPPs are required to be recorded, injured or dead players are healed, there are no winnings rolls and raised players are lost.

The round time is 2 hours per round

Unless rolled on the kick-off table, weather will always be Perfect Conditions.

The scoring for the event will be 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 for a loss.

Tied coaches are separated on Strength of Schedule, then total combined TD and CAS difference, followed by most fouls resulting in a Casualty, if needed.

Non-fouling Casualties are only counted if they would yield SPP. Crowd surfs, thrown rocks, chainsaws, etc… do not
count.

12+ players on the pitch – If a team is found to be fielding too many players, the opposition coach may choose which player(s) are sent off. If a team is found to be fielding less than 11 players, the drive must be played out with that many players on the pitch (no additional players can be brought on).

Rosters are to be submitted to tourplay by 27th October. link to it is https://tourplay.net/en/blood-bowl/thbb ... nbowl-2023
TEAM CREATION

Every team is permitted to spend 1.15m Gold Crowns at creation. All 29 NAF Official teams are permitted at the tournament. All Inducements may be taken that are listed in the main rules, death zone and almanacs, except for Giants, Wizards, Special Plays, Biased Referees and Unlimited Mercenaries.

The highlander rule will also be in effect for star players so if both coaches are taking the same one neither can be played.

All teams will be given a free mascot to be used during their matches with the model to represent be given to them on the day as part of their welcome pack.

SKILL CHOICES

All 29 races are tiered. Each tier has an allocation of skills, and a set of restrictions on those skills listed below.
Tier 1 – 7 primary skills – no stacking
Teams in tier 1 - Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, High Elf, Lizardmen, Norse, Orc, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elves

Tier 2 – 8 primary and 1 secondary - no stacking.
Teams in tier 2 - Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegades, Elven Union, Human, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Necromantic Horror, Nurgle, Old World Alliance, Slann, Tomb Kings, Vampires

Tier 3 – 10 primary skills and 2 secondary, players can have a primary, stacked primary or a secondary skill but you are not allowed to stack primary and secondary skills on the same player.
Teams in tier 3 - Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Snotling

PRIZES
We will be using the ‘Highlander’ (there can be only one) approach to prizes, where coaches are only eligible for one prize. If a coach has won more than one prize, they will either receive the highest ranked prize, or be given the choice. The unchosen prize/s will then go to the next eligible coach.

First Place - Trophy made by Black Orc Down
Second Place - Pro Turf pitch
Wooden spoon - award made by Black Orc Down
Best painted - Prize from Army painter
Award TBC - agemaminis.com

Entry cost is £15 per player, and we request if possible that NAF membership be done in advance as we will not be having a NAF rep present on the day.

Timings
9am – registration
9:30 – 11:45 game 1
11:45 – 12:15 lunch and voting on the best painted.
12:15 – 14:30 game 2
15:00 – 17:15 game 3
17:30 – 18:00 awards and prizes

We will have a limit of 2 hours 15 mins, per game. If anyone wishes to play to a clock at any point (either before a game begins or during) then both players are required to use a chess clock, there are various apps available to allow you to do this yourselves.

If a round is called, coaches will play to the end of an equal turn for them both (e.g. if the round was called when one coach was in the middle of their turn seven, the other coach would get to complete their turn seven. If the round was called when one player had already finished their turn seven, the second player would get to complete their turn seven).

There are cafes and coffeeshops a short walk away along with a Sainsburys but we will also be placing a lunch order in advance so there will be details available for those who wish to place an order which will be emailed out to attendees closer to the event.

Software:
We will be using Tourplay and will share the details soon. Please ensure that your NAF name and Number are listed against your Tourplay user account and are correct.

I will keep a tally of entry names below, once paid your name will be in BOLD

1 - Tiki1985
2 - BanjoUnchained
3 - DocMinature
4 - everybody's_dead_dave
5 - El_spoonio
6 - The_mighty_irush
7 - Turboraptor
8 - shortstuff28
9 - Whitey
10 - Loki
11 - Craggle
12 - Gir
13 - BigMace
14 - balduhr
15 - Smurf1917
16 - son_of_wocky
17 - BusseltonWanderer
18 - dimorte
19 - Nightwing
20 - Col
21 - Abi_moon
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -
32 -
33 -
34 -
35 -
36 -
37 -
38 -
39 -
40 -

Any questions feel free to ask away or email me on tikihutbloodbowl@gmail.com

Reason: ''
Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: THBBL & BGC presents PumpkinBowl 2023 (Bristol) 29th October 1 Day event

Post by Loki »

Sent my money for this.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

@Lunchmoney

Definitely can't persuade a NAF rep to turn up :wink:

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Unlikely, sorry chap :(

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiki1985 »

Loki wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:05 am Sent my money for this.
All received just adding you onto the list

Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiki1985 »

Due to a error i had not noticed where we had over a hour for lunch round times have been extended to 2:15 per round. Start and end times for the day remain as normal though.

Thanks for those that brought it to my attention

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Just thinking about what I might take... Would we be able to use the new Vamp roster?

Craggle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Craggle »

Just paid :)

Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiki1985 »

Loki wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:20 am Just thinking about what I might take... Would we be able to use the new Vamp roster?
yes it is going on to tourplay in the next couple of days so i will make sure it is added within the week, i am just seeing what others are doing about tiering for them as a few comps i have seen are placing them in t1 with the new rules

so yes you can but it will be a few days before i can confirm tiers for them

Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiki1985 »

Craggle wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:06 amJust paid :)
all logged!

Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiki1985 »

Prize announcement update!

We have had some prize sponsorship from the Army painter so the best painted award will get some bits to take away with them!

Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiki1985 »

Issue with inducements and star players should now be rectified, apologies my first time setting up a tournament on tourplay.

If anyone picks up any issues with team building let me know

Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiki1985 »

i will be keeping vampires in T2 for the comp

Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiki1985 »

More prizes!!!
The Kickstarter Pro turf have generously offered to sponsor the 2ns place prize, the winner of that award will receive one of the pro turf pitches that is currently on Kickstarter!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/he ... escription

They will be down for lunch time and for the break in-between round 2/3 so you can check these out and there will still be a few days left on the Kickstarter after the tournament should you wish to back

Tiki1985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiki1985 »

Now at 20/40, a week to go so hopefully a few move jump in