GNASHBBL Presents: My Bloodbowl Valentines, 17th February 2024, Shropshire

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Re: GNASHBBL Presents: My Bloodbowl Valentines, 17th February 2024, Shropshire

Post by Danny »

Barnacles wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:53 am I wouldn't read anything into that turn of phrase, it's not intended to mean anything other than Mr T's Pies are rather good.
Just a bit grating when I know how hard many TOs work, to see their efforts described as "usual swill". I'm sure that the pies are great but no need to put others down to make that point.

Reason: ''
Queenofspawns
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Queenofspawns »

Now NAF Approved

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

Danny wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:15 pm “ We Are not offering the usual swill you find at other events”

No need to throw shade at other events. Some events have pretty decent food.
So sorry, I retract that statement whole heartedly and unreservedly. It was wrong of me.

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

Danny wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:10 pm
Barnacles wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:53 am I wouldn't read anything into that turn of phrase, it's not intended to mean anything other than Mr T's Pies are rather good.
Just a bit grating when I know how hard many TOs work, to see their efforts described as "usual swill". I'm sure that the pies are great but no need to put others down to make that point.
I apologise profusely. I have retracted the statement. It was based on my personal recent experiences. But let's move away from the negative, you're right.
The best food I've eaten at an event was, infact, samosas out of an unmarked cardboard box at Strangle Bowl 2, and veggie wraps at Thrud '21.
What I'm trying to emphasise is that I expect Mr. T' s pies to surpass not only these delights but be on a par with anything you could pay to sit down and eat at any Ludlow eatery - even pre pandemic. Ludlow a place so renounced (Ed. Ahem: Renouned for... Obvs!) for it's gastronomy that London ers regularly drove there to get a taste of what their own region could not provide.

Padster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Padster »

Paid and team roster sent 😀

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

Thank you Coaches Of The Shire (and beyond,)
The List of lists is almost locked in and ready to roll. I have sent out a google form for you to fill in your choice of Pie for the big day. (Or to your doubles team mate if I do not have your e-mail address) Please complete these by the end of the week - By midnight on Sunday 11th Feb.
It's so close now I can almost smell the gravy! I just have a few more rosters to check through and we'll be good to roll....

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

theBymster wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:36 am
I apologise profusely. I have retracted the statement. It was based on my personal recent experiences. But let's move away from the negative, you're right.
The best food I've eaten at an event was, infact, samosas out of an unmarked cardboard box at Strangle Bowl 2, and veggie wraps at Thrud '21.
What I'm trying to emphasise is that I expect Mr. T' s pies to surpass not only these delights but be on a par with anything you could pay to sit down and eat at any Ludlow eatery - even pre pandemic. Ludlow a place so renounced (Ed. Ahem: Renouned for... Obvs!) for it's gastronomy that London ers regularly drove there to get a taste of what their own region could not provide.
Sorry Bym, completely missed this, I keep forgetting that notifications don’t work!

No worries, and I hope the pies and the event both go brilliantly!

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

theBymster wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:36 am
Sorry Bym, completely missed this, I keep forgetting that notifications don’t work!

No worries, and I hope the pies and the event both go brilliantly!

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

Coaches Of The Three Shires and Beyond.....

Firstly; Thank you so much for all being so amazing - for signing up, getting me the info needed and press-ganging whoever you could to come along! Also for being so patient and understanding as I encounter and Iron out all the wrinkles in my attempts at organisation.

Secondly; Everything is stacking up brilliantly for a great climactic day of love and block-dice and Pies and laughter and shrieks and moans and groans. I'm all a quiver!

Thirdly: Below is listed the team demographic for this tourney. I have been hesitant to publish this as we have 20 coaches signed up, two "Crew" coaches in reserve, therefore if another two coaches sign up The NAF will award a very special shield to the winner. I'm not closing that door, but as teams are published there will have to be some restrictions if anyone wants to enter at this late stage. if you would like to join us please contact gnashbbl@gmail.com

There will be:
3 x Chaos Dwarf
2 x Goblin
2 x Shambling Undead
2 x Norse
2 x Underworld Denizons
1 x Amazon
1 x Chaos Renegade
1 x Dark Elves
1 x Lizard men
1 x Ogre
1 x Orc
1 x Skaven
1 x Snotling
1 x Tomb Kings

Finally: GNASHBBL and MBBV are Inclusive. We have one visually impaired coach playing with us on the day, in his first tournament. He has plenty of Match experience, he has his own custom board and dice, but no designated guide for the day. If you find yourself as his opponent Please still play competitively, but please also be as helpful and patient as you can, especially with the mechanics of the match and dice rolls. If It is overwhelming or exhausting please ask the TO and Crew for guidance.

Thank you so much.
I genuinely look forward to welcoming you all in on Saturday....

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Who won?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
docminiature
Rookie
Rookie

Post by docminiature »

lunchmoney wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:02 amWho won?
Icey-Bee for individual and also team with elplanet4