Amazons to Rendez-Vous?

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

MB then puts you through the armour on average. I really believe it's most effective against AV7.
Jap, that's true! You may be crushed and you may suffer! :cry: So maybe no showtime for the girls this weekend (we may here have found a general explanation for the lack of people taking part in a BB tourny and having two X chromosoms! :lol: :o :cry: :wink: :cry: ).

And do you know Murphy's law saying that 'Zons will get knocked over by a dwarf more often than a freaking lineman without skills? :evil:

We all know that pushback/skull result which seems to be a standard result too often (except for dwarfs bashing 'Zons) :lol:

Sputnik

Reason: ''
I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Take chaos dwarves then :)

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Amazons to Rendez-Vous?

Post by Bevan »

Deathwing wrote:Normal progression maybe the key there. This follows a Res style of assigning one (normal access) skill to any player post game. By game 3 or 4 Dwarf Longbeards are gonna be touting some MB and Guard (At least they would if I were coaching them!), whereas they are more unlikely to be under normal progression. Block/MB/Tackle is horrid against 'Zons and will just eat linegirls.
The 'normal skill' format also denies the stat upgrades/Dauntless access which are important factors for zons in League play. (With this being 1,100k as well, a lot of Orc or Human coaches will have an Ogre with Block after Game 1, again not the case with normal progression.)
To sum up, I would be very confident of beating 'zons with either CDs or Dwarves under this format, particularly in game 4, 5 or 6 (by which stage all the tools required to dismantle the girls could be in place).

Tried and tested Orcs for me this time out.
Wimp. :roll:

At 110TR you can afford several reserves and don't forget that all your dead 'zons will recover after every game. And you can afford heaps of rerolls, so the inability to use dodge for dodging is less of a problem.

By the time the other teams have "skills to dismantle the girls" you will have even better skills. :lol:

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Played around with some rosters, weighed the options and I reckon they're on a hiding to nothing. The strength of CDs in tourney play (and they've done pretty well down under, in Europe and over the Pond) means they're increasing in popularity. That has to be to the detriment of the 'Zons. (I play CDs in a Pbem league, and coached them today for a bit of playtesting v. Longfang's Humies.) All things being equal, I reckon they're gonna beat 'Zons the vast majority of the time. It's just a bad match-up, period. I'm not saying it can't be done or it's a foregone conclusion or anything, but against a competent CD coach they are going to struggle. 2 BCs and a Big Guy? I don't think being better than the CD coach is going to get you the win, you'd have to be better and luckier.
Wimp? Yeah, possibly. :lol: Stupid? no.... :P

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

SO...you went and took high elves :lol:
man your as indicisive as me :roll: .....i still pack three teams just in case :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"