A New League/Tournaments

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

League in Basingstoke UK

YES
33%
NO
67%

Total votes: 6

Dagnar
Rookie
Rookie

A New League/Tournaments

Post by Dagnar »

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone fancies playing a league in the Basingstoke UK area. Tournaments will be included.

I need to know the numbers of people who are interested to know whether to go ahead with it or not.

If there is enough of a responce and regular playing sessions and players then this could well be a long term thing.

Thanks in Advance

Jay

PS Please dont private msg, just reply here. thx

Reason: ''
There is no justice, there is only me!
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Voted No, because i live in Germany :D :roll: :)

... oh it's been another hard day at work ...

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Are you aware that the Spiky Club run a BB League on Weds. nights in Reading?
Myself and Longfang (we're in Aldershot) intend to be putting our pitiful coaching efforts into that particular pot when we get back. A short blat up the A33 and you could try that.
Alternatively, you could buzz down the A303 to Darkson's mob in Andover.
Just a thought.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Whoo hoo.!!

A local league. More details please (course, you're more than welcome t come to us, but don't expect to play BB very often :cry: ). Just please, please, please don't make it a tuesday night.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dagnar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dagnar »

WOW,

I wasn’t even aware of all the bloodbowl stuff going on down south.
Well the league that I am currently running takes place on Sundays at the white hart pub Basingstoke (opposite the police station) which is where I am planning to run this new one. They have a function room upstairs and I hire it out from 6 - 10.30ish.
Being in a function room it means that we can have around 4-5 games being played at once.

If anyone is interested get in touch with me here and I'll sort it out.
I am toying with the idea of having a £5 joining fee which will provide all players with a room to play, a fortnightly news letter containing results, transfer lists, player profiles, coach interviews etc, and the money will go towards buying the GW trophy models so when a cup is won you actually get a phys rep of the cup you have won.
Let me know what you think.
I don’t know if I'll run games every week, I might do every fortnight.
Let me know what you all think.

If I get a good enough response I'll start the league very soon probably beginning in June. We already have 6 teams competing which are:

1 x Werewolf - experimental rules (our own) which our current players have all agreed are fair
1 x Orc
1 x Amazon
1 x Goblin
2 x Human

Starting teams only just to make it like a new official league in the warhammer world has started up.

HOUSE RULES:

1) Regen works as follows. You can make a regen roll every time the players are re set to kick off. I.e. if your regen bloke gets hurt in turn 3 you get as many rolls for regen as there are resets until the end of the match. If you have failed the regen roll by the end of the match the injury stays.

2) You have a team captain who is allowed to choose a free skill/trait from the lists he has available to him at no cost. This represents a more skilled player taking on the captain roll. You team captain can be any player on your starting roster.

3) No star players, you cant even freeboot them, they wouldn’t play for such lowly unknown teams.

4) After 5 games you can transfer players between all the teams in the league. Players must be from the allied list. I do write up a transfer list so that there is no need to haggle with other coaches for players.

Jay

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

For a local legue I can live wit those house rules, but whoa! Roll regen EVERY Ko? I'd have to play undead!!

Anyway, every fortnight would be better forme,less of an earbashing from the other half, I'll send you a PM with my email.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

That is making reg quite effective. :o
If I was anywhere near your are I would play Undead for sure.

ImageImage
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Well, I guess if their league runs for a longer time and gets a decent undead coach they'll find out the hard way why regen was changed from 2+ to 4+

I advice against transferring players too. It could be fun, yes, but it's probably going to have bad effects on league balance.

Any chance of seeing that werewolf team?

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Anyone want to bet that they regenerate? :wink:

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Dagnar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dagnar »

Hmmm funny you should say that. YES they do regenerate.

Werewolf team consists of:
0-2 Greater Werewolves 7439 (block,rsc,frenzy,regen.) 120,000 Gen/Str
0-4 Werewolves 7339 (block,regen) 90,000 Gen/Str/Agi
0-16 Beastkin 7339 60,000 Gen

Rerolls 60,000
My team at the moment has:

2x Greater Werewolves
4x Werewolves
5x Beastkin
1 x Reroll
5x Assistant Coaches
5x Cheerleaders
FFx 6

One of the werewolves has had 2 skill advances so I gave him guard and strip ball.

Yeah I know what it means to have regen slapped by that newish rule, I ve never liked the 4+ roll, so we change it for our leagues.

As to seeing the werewolf team, I'll try to get some photos uploaded by the end of the week.

Jay

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Would have to say the greater WW are over powered at ST 4 and Block and RSC, having said that, wouldn't mind them in my PDHBBL team :wink:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

In fact, using Pink Horror's Team Balancer (which I know is totally unofficial) and using bog standard regen, the team would need to have the following costs to be anywhere near balanced:

Greater Were - 200k :o
Were - 110k
Beastkin - 80k
The cost would be even higher using your version of regen.

You might want to check Galak's site for JJ's team building guidelines, that whole team is wayyyyy overpowered.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You might also want to check out the MBBL2 Lycanthrope team -

http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/Lycanthrope.html

Dagnar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dagnar »

Thanks for the feedback on the Werewolf team.
I think I will take your advice about them being overpowered, but it wont be until the league we are currently playing finishes.

I think for the new league, I'll play human (just cos I really like the plastic minis)

Thanks once again for the feedback, I was surprised by it though as all the other players we have think the rules are fine as they all helped with the stats, we even played 5 playtest games. Seemed balenced to me, and the other players.

Jay