There are more and more Tournys...Isn't that cool?

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

There are more and more Tournys...Isn't that cool?

Post by l_dauguet »

For hanging around a bit on TBB, i see that there are more and more tournys organised throughout the world. I think that's really good! :D (apart from the belgian joke :wink: but everybody does what he wants)

Before, a tourny abroad was a big event. It's becoming casual now :lol: But it might get difficult now to select where to go.

Although it's nice to see our game going up the hill, there might be some need for some light coordination. Everybody should stay free to organise things as they want. But maybe those who wants NAF recognizing should be organised in a calendar :) Just an idea. That would provide tournys all year long with reasonnable time between them to get as much coaches as possible. But, is that possible?

Anyway, i'm happy there are more and more tournys organised :D

Reason: ''
Next time I win !!!
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

My calendar....

I hope to go to 4 tourneys a year (abroad). This means missing some great tourneys elsewhere, but anyways::::::::

I hope to be able to go to:
Paris once a year (invitational or open)
Dungeonbowl Germany (unless it's somewhere ackward)
Mannheim tourney (although it's just a rumour so far)
BB in No'ham (simply to meet everybody)

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Dafrenchcoach is Back !
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Dafrenchcoach is Back ! »

In my opinion, it will be really difficult now to avoid that some tournaments will be organized in the same time...

Even if it wouldn't be the same week-end, I think the guy who spent, let's say 200/300 euros in a blood bowl week-end can't do the same the month after ... Or you earn more money than me ;)

My tournaments checked for 2004 are: Blood Bowl Tournament and DungeonBowl. 95% sure the Rendez-Vous (depends about the dates choosen)

AOL s***s !!!
Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

I hope going T5(Amsterdam), Bloodbowl (Nottingham), RDVBB (Saint Quentin en Yvelines) and perhaps some others one.

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Best thing to do for organisers is to check out the Tournament section on the NAF site and try and fit in as best you can. With more and more tournies coming thick and fast, there's bound to be some clashes. (For example there's both the Bearded Snot and the WPS Club Challenge this weekend, and both are within a fortnight from RD-V.)
This year I've done the Dutch Open, the Blood Bowl and Rendez-vous so far, with at least T5 and the Spiky Open to go, almost certainly the WPS GT in Bristol as well.
Much as I'd love to do the Bearded Snot, not to mention Barcelona and Germany as well, funds just won't allow. Intend to do one transatlantic (Orion?) at some point as well.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I think something like 4 big tournaments is the maximum for me as well. Not because of the money, but because of spending a weekend on nothing but Blood Bowl.

I'll go to tournaments where i can drive to preferably. Paris, Amsterdam, and German tournaments come to mind. Blood Bowl in Nottingham is a must if i manage to get there again.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

This year I can only make the BB in Nottingham, and the Spiky open, but next year I hope to make a couple more, including at least one foreign one.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

From here it's kind of hard to participate in too many foreign tournaments. Swedish tournaments will probably be possible, unless they happen in the middle of a week like th Lincon tournament.
So my tournament plans revolve around tournaments here in Finland. We've had two already, other of which I was able to attend, and we'll have at least two before christmas.

But I guess not many of you will be coming here to tournaments either :cry:

But I promise that as soon as I get a degree and a decent-paying job I'll come over for the Blood Bowl :D

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

I hate to be the pessimist...
I love the fact that there are more and more tournies. It's great! I'm just too experienced in the way of GW to get my hopes up that it will continue on for more than a few years. GW has the attention span of a 10 year child on pixie stix.

Enjoy it while it's here my brothers. :cry:

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

um only one of these tournaments has been organised by games workshop and thats the blood bowl and they are doing the upcoming chaos cup

the rest have all been organised by the coaches

Dark Lord (retired)

Yes but what I'm saying is that as GW's support of fanatic and blood Bowl wanes so will the interest in the game. I don't remeber hearing about a lot of tournaments from 1995-2000. And that is most likely because the people playing Blood bowl were the die hards.
But I'm not gonna poo poo anymore about it. I think it's cool that all these tournaments are happening. It's a nice time to be a Blood Bowl die hard. :D

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

I don't think that's true. During the period 1995-2000 I only saw increased interest for the game. If they discontinue it, the community will keep the game alive! And tournaments will be organised in the future, no doubt about that.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Dark Lord (retired)

Well like I said, the die hards will always keep it going. But the popularity of the game is directly affect by the amount of support it sees from GW.

And there are a thousand great games in the GW grave yard to prove that point. I'm just saying that I don't expect the current level of popularity to last more than 5 years, tops. I think it's super that there are tournies popping up all over...just don't get all star struck like it's going to last. As soon as the minis are not sold anymore and the game is out of production again...it will be just another Warhammer footnote again. Like I said, I hate to be the downer but I'm not new to GW games. I'm just glad it's been ressurected for awhile.

N-Key
Veteran
Veteran

Post by N-Key »

I think three/four tourney´s that are not in Germany are OK. But more ... hard...
Ähm Lucy we are working on the Mannheim tourney rumor but: TIME

[size=75][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url][/size]
Space Marine Veteran
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

The Mannheim crew should be able to organise this in no time....
So, get to work.

All you need is a venue and a date :D

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice