Canadian Games Day 2003 Blood Bowl Tournament

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Canadian Games Day 2003 Blood Bowl Tournament

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

On the GW site (and in the new WD) they mentioned the BB tourney for Games Day, btu I don;t see any tickets. Anyone know if we are supposed to buy a ticket just for that event?

BTW Ian Dundas, the Canadian NTO for the NAF is checking into NAF sanctioning for the event, I'll let you know what is happening soon.

Reason: ''
The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Da Scum
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Da Scum »

Do we know ANY information on the event? There better not be an upper limit on attendees, otherwise we won't have any Yanks to humiliate with having TBBF finish 1-2-3 again. :smoking:

Even the Goblin coach gets a +1 to injury rolls! Ow!
Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

So far, I think I'm in... I got the conformation email. I'll likely just buy my ticket at the door though.

Twist.

BKBBL
http://bkbbl.com/
Da Scum
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Da Scum »

Oh aye, mine finally arrived as well. Likely I'll do the usual mad race from work straight to the event...play like a mad goblin on spice beer, than race back to work.

No problem! :smoking:

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Nice new avator twist.

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go.... well ok their not quite packed yet but you get the picture. ;>

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

:)

Somebody's anxious. lol

Twist.

BKBBL
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Da Scum wrote:Do we know ANY information on the event? There better not be an upper limit on attendees, otherwise we won't have any Yanks to humiliate with having TBBF finish 1-2-3 again. :smoking:
I wouldn't worry about the Yanks... I'd be more worried about the Spanish.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Does anyone have any info on when the Spyke tourney is supposed to happen (was supposed to be held on Gamesday Canada, but obviously that's not true). Is there going to be a Spyke tourney held here in Canada or has this gone the way of the Aussie Dungeonbowl??

GO STAMPEDERS!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yer spike will be in canada next year no more info than that afaik

i also heard the blood bowl is going to be later in the year than it was this year

not sure if thats to coincide with the cups being in the right season as it says in the rulebook, but i can't remember which was in what without double checking

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

next year's BB had already been announced for sometime in May with tickets going on sale on Feb 7th at 8am (got a reminder set in my phone ;)) but it's disappeared from the GW events page...

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Twist wrote:Somebody's anxious. lol
It's always a good time when I travel to Toronto to visit with the TBBF. I'll be bringing along the Death Bowl board and the still in progress Death Bowl permanent trophy.

Brian St.James

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Grumbledook wrote:yer spike will be in canada next year no more info than that afaik

i also heard the blood bowl is going to be later in the year than it was this year
Yup to both of these. We'll be getting more info about when the Spike will be held at Games Day. AS far as I know though it won't be until 2004. I also have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to show off the new Mithril Spike! trohpy at Games Day. Now don't go getting upset if it's not there cause that's just a guess on my part. Though I do know it's been made I haven't been able to get any pictures of it yet :(

The Blood Bowl is supposed to be in May of 2004 but that's as yet not 100% for sure.

Brian St.James

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I've seen a picture of the new Spike! trophy, I think you'll at least get to see that. Not sure if the real thing will be there or not.

The Spike! will be in the latter half of 2004 and will be run as its own event (not at Games Day).

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Da Scum
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Da Scum »

Just as long as Spike! doesn't replace the legendary Orion's Cup...

Bloodbowl in May? Hell I might be on leave then...mind you I WAS really looking forward to the Deathbowl...sigh. It means this will be the last major for Da Maggot Scum for this year...

Now if they'd only get around to updating the ratings...that Norse parasite is stealing MY top spot. :smoking:

Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

Sounds good, Brian! Seeing the Deathbowl board might inspire me to make one myself!

As for the rest of you going to the Toronto Games Day tourney, the rules are right up my alley... No Dwarf is gonna stop me now! :lol:

Twist.

BKBBL