Bearded Snot Match Reports

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Bearded Snot Match Reports

Post by DoubleSkulls »

First of all a big thanks to Shane and Tony for organising a really good tournament. It was a really good atmosphere - small, friendly and relaxed. Second a big thanks to all the other competitors for making it such a good time for everyone. IIRC there were 18 contestants - 5 of which were ECBBL "blackshirts". All my pictures are here

My team - Mordor United (Orcs) was 4 Blitzers, 3 BOBs, 1 Thrower, 2 Goblins, 2 Line Orcs, 3 TRR, 1FF.

Game 1 - Huwan Quayle - Norse

Image Image

Huwan's Norse consisted of 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 1 Catcher, 1 Minotaur, 6 Linemen, 3 TRR & 2 FF.

Huwan was a relatively inexperienced coach whose soft Av really told with my Orcs wracking up 4 casualties (3 in the 1st half). The Mino was very ineffective as I just fed him a line orc to drag him away from all the action.
In the first half I turned Huwan over to take a 1-0 lead at half time. In the 2nd half I made a mistake meaning the Norse got a shot at the ball carrier, knocking him over and gaining possession. Thankfully there weren't enough Norse left to capitalise and I regained possession for a 2-0 win. Piling On for one of the BOBs.

Won TD 2-0 Cas 4-0

Game 2 - Michael Ormesther (Furelli) - Lizardmen

Image Image

Michael was a really nice guy and a pleasure to play against. His lizards were 3 Saurus (1 with Guard), 10 Skinks, 2 TRR and 4 FF. Michael got of to an awful start with my PO BOB taking out the Guarding Saurus in turn 2 along with a casualty on a skink. After that skinks kept dropping like flies allowing me to turn him over and score at the end of the half when I had 5 casualties - including one Saurus that hurt himself blocking a BOB. A quick 2nd TD secured the victory and another Skink out of the game but Michael managed a high risk play to nab a consolation TD at the end. Tackle on a blitzer.

Won TD 2-1 Cas 6-0

Game 3 - Chris Hayes - Undead

Image Image

Chris is a fellow ECBBLer, but this was the 1st time we had played each other and on the top table at the Bearded Snot. His Undead team featured 2 Piling On Mummies ( :roll: ), 3 Ghouls, 2 Wights, 4 Zombies, a Skeleton, 2 TRR and 3 FF. This was a very close game which I received and managed an 8 turn drive to take the lead. A 4 turn riot at the beginning of the 2nd half meant he had to play hurry up offence and I managed to turn him over but failed to score after the Blitzer rolled snake eyes on a GFI to score in the 7th turn and then failed the pickup in the last turn. Piling On on another BOB.

Won TD 1-0 Cas 2-2

Game 4 - Geoff Thirwell (cidervampire) - Undead

Image Image

Geoff - yet another ECBBLer - had 2 Piling On Mummies ( :roll: :roll: ), 4 Wights, 2 Ghouls (1 with Block), 2 Zombies and 2 Skeletons, 2 TRR and 4 FF. This was probably the hardest game of the tournament, as I'd expect off one of the top Undead coaches. Thankfully I managed to dispatch a mummy on the 1st turn (who failed to regen) enabling me to push forward. Resilient defence from the Undead meant I failed the score in the 1st half so it was 0-0 at half time with the undead to receive.

Geoff then pushed forward but made a slight mistake allowing me to sack the ball carrier and put him under a lot of pressure. A couple of turns later and a cheeky goblin ran in for the TD. However Geoff still had a few turns to get an equaliser. Robust defence from the Orcs left Geoff camped in the Orc half, but unable to break through. Then in his last ditch effort a Ghoul tried to dodge free, but the tackling blitzer was in the right place at the right time and stopped him. The ball popped loose and a cheeky goblin sprinted all the way to the endzone for the 2nd TD. Another Piling On for a BOB.

Won TD 2-0 Cas 3-1

Game 5 - Al the Trowel - Humans (Tempus Few Gits)

Image Image

Yet another ECBBL blackshirt - and one who I've played 3 times in the last couple of months. Al was the only other unbeaten coach. His humans featured an Ogre (Block), 2 Catchers (both with Block), 2 Blitzers (1 Guard), 2 Throwers, 5 Linemen, 3 TRR and 2 FF.

The game was played in a blizzard which I think favoured Al more than me. He got off to an awful start Pow/Skulling his first block which he decided to let stand, rather than use the TRR. This enabled me to get 2 Blitzers next to the ball and put him under a lot of pressure. However he eventually managed to dig out the ball and run downfield for a 4th turn score. With 5 turns left I played a fairly quick offence and drove downfield managing to get in for the equaliser before half time. Best of all I'd got 3 casualties including the Guard. This really saved my bacon as Al won a 6 player pitch invasion leaving half my team stunned and putting a couple off the pitch. Unluckily he then failed a GFI to whack the ball carrier (the blizzard!) giving me the time to regroup and slowly drive upfield for an 8th turn winner. I gave guard to a Blitzer.

Won TD 2-1 Cas 3-1

The Final - Al the Trowel and his Humans again

Thanks to a superior gross TDs Al squeaked into the final, just beating Richard Would (another blackshirt) onto table 2. He'd taken Guard on his other blitzer. In a much tougher game I failed to really dominate and get enough players off the pitch but after receiving had taken a 1-0 lead by half time. Unfortunately I'd failed to get many casualties while Al had taken out one of my BOBs in a meaningless last turn.

In the 2nd half Al pushed forward but thanks to putting enough pressure on him forced him to score in turn 4. 1-1 and things were fairly even. Al was down a player or two, but not enough to make me feel secure about the final drive. Then disaster as a Blitzer rolls Double skulls for the 1st block of the drive and rerolls another Double skulls. I thought my number was up as a lowly goblin had the ball and was within reach of his catchers. After making the hole in my line he ran a catcher forward and put a TZ on the goblin. The 2nd one comes forward on the blitz but fails his GFI to hit the goblin and I've just got out of jail free. A couple of turns later I still hadn't secured the ball and didn't have long to go. Thankfully I managed to clear the humans from the ball, pick it up, pass to the goblin who sprinted downfield to run in for the winning td.

Won TD 2-1 Cas 3-1 :D :D :D

The 3 casualties had secured my lead and I finished highest casualties with 21 over 6 games :D .

I think my biggest disappointment was only playing 2 non-ECBBLers, but as the 5 of us all finished in the top 6 and claimed all the prizes (Al for 2nd place, Geoff Thirwell and Richard Would shared most TDs), it was fairly inevitable that would happen.

Once again thanks to all my opponents, the organisers and everyone else who was there making it a really enjoyable tournament.

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Looks like an ECBBL benefit... :o
:P

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Not for my NAF ranking though! 2 games against Ian both losses bah. I thought I had a chance when the quad skulls appeared with the Goblin in reach of my catchers and most of the orcs tied up on the line. But a GFI with no re-roll was never going to work :(. Both games I managed to sack the ball carrier in the Orc cage, but I seem to recall a cheeky goblin or an equally cheeky line orc always seemed to catch the bouncer in tackle zones.

Next time Williams, I'll be the Bearded Snot!

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I've just completed a spreadsheet with all the results its available here

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

should take tackle :p

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Congrats to Ian, and thanx to tony and shane, it was great to meet some new people and i really enjoyed all my games. It was nice to combine a holiday with a bloodbowl tournament and i hope to do the same again next year, hopefully with better results but i doubt it.

rwould

Post by rwould »

Quick summary of my efforts...

I used the same team as at the BB. Norse, with 9 lineman, 2 catchers, 1 thrower, 1 minotaur, 1 apothecary, 2 rerolls and 6 fan factor.

Game One: Vs Paul with Orcs
Not my ideal first opponent, as I'd never managed to even draw with Orcs with the Norse. It was as tough a game as I expected, but with both of us rolling well it was an odd game!

I started, drove down the pitch, and scored in two.
He drove down the pitch in 2. 1-1 after 3 turns! I started my drive well, trying to form a rolling cage, but he managed to break through pretty easily and put the passer under pressure. This paid off with a turnover, and he drove back down to get the score to 2-1, with me kicking to him to start the 2nd half.

I had a bad kick, and the ogre took over possession of the ball. He set up a cage on the right of the pitch, but didn't cut the path off well enough, and I had it surrounded, including players next to the ogre. But all would have been well if the ogre didn't bonehead..... Needless to say he did, and after a (very!) complicated series of push-backs he ended up off the pitch. The ball went deep into his half, and I ran down, picked it up, and scored.

I kicked well into his half and put the pressure on. But he got the Ogre on the Minotaur and forced me into 1 die blocks. For the first time in the game, the bull skulled and went down, gifting the TD or so it seemed. All he needed was to make one GFI to score..... Again, Paul's dice let him down and he rolled a 1, with no re-rolls and the game was tied 2-2. The most enjoyable game of the tournament, but I barely deserved the draw.
With much relief the Mino obtained Block.

Game Two
Doug, with Dwarves. Great. My two worst teams out of the way......
Still, I was receiving, and Doug put 5 dwarves on the line, so I could start showing him whose beards would be pulled. Doug's tactic worked as he rolled a blitz! Despite my best efforts I couldn't hold him back and he spent all 8 turns scoring and mauling. Luckily I could still field 11 going in to the second half.
Courtesy of the strength of the Mino, I managed to break up the dwarf cage. Taking a risk, Doug went for a blitz with the runner with the ball, and promptly skull blocked his way to doom. This gave me the chance, and I picked the ball up, and tossed it to my catcher, who had a clear run to the end zone. However he failed to catch it, and it scattered. But the dwarves were out of position and limited as to how much they could interfere. One pushback by me succeeded, and I had a clear run to the end zone if I could pick the ball up. This failed, and then Doug found out how to break the Norse armour and got me down to four players! With the way the game went I was lucky to hold it to just 1-0, but this was not much consolation. And with just two casualties in total I was not looking to repeat my bloodfest at the BB. One of the catchers gained Dodge.

Game Three
Jamie with Woodies
At last! A none-Armour 9 team! Bit of a painful game for Jamie, as we kept exchanging scores but I targeted his 2 catchers and kept knocking them out, which really restricted his fast scoring. He wasn't helped by a 3 turn riot which meant I could get the winning score without allowing him time to get the equaliser. 3-2 victory. The second catcher gained Dodge.

Game Four
Alex with Skaven
Firstly, kudos to Alex. This was his not only his first tournament, but these games were the first time he had even played third ed. BB! He stayed competitive in most of his games, which is a cracking acheivement for a new coach.
He kicked to me, and as he set up seven rats on the line (and a Gutter Runner stepped back but possible for the Mino to knock off the pitch) I was quite a happy bunny. However when he rolled blitz I was thinking my drinking would be starting somewhat early. But from then on his luck deserted him. He failed to hurt any of my players on the blitz, and by my second move I had badly hurt four rats, and scored. Courtesy of the speed of Gutter Runners he ended the half 2-1 up, but with only eight players going in to the second half I just bashed him around and scored 2 TD's, and seven casualties. However, my pursuit of blood got to me, and instead of scoring my 4th TD I got sent off for a foul. This was to cost me dear.... I took tackle on a lineman.

Game Five
Chris with Undead.
My first game against a ECBBL'er, and the first time I kicked. However from then on everything went my way. My armour rolls were going wild, and overall I knocked out 12 players and badly hurt 2. The mummies (courtesy of having PO instead of Block) kept on being hesitant around the rapidly outnumbering Norse, and having turned the ball over I ended the half leading 1-0. To really help the second half I had a five player pitch invasion. This caused a further two KO's giving me six undead in the KO box, and meant I had a four player advantage. I just played around taking my time before scoring, and ended it with a comfortable 2-0 win. Chris just had no breaks at all, and with the way I was rolling in this game it would have been hard to beat me. I took kick for a lineman,
This meant I was tied for second place with Al, and one of us would play Ian in the final. It ended up with Al, as he had scored a TD more than me. Oh how that last foul in game four was now haunting me! Still, it meant Al would lose to Ian instead of me losing......

Game Six
Paul with Orcs.
Courtesy of some bizarre scoring system I had to play Paul again on table two. Neither of us looked forward to it, as I knew what a tough game the first one had been, and Paul didn't want to play another black shirt!
However my dice were still on fire from the game against Chris. By the end of the first move I had the ball safe, both Black Orcs down, and the Ogre badly hurt courtesy of a well placed kick or seven. Just to really oblige me Pauls dice were awful (all game he knocked out one player of mine! An all time record minimum casualties for Norse I think). I played the first half slow, continually knocking down his players, chasing the victim/goblin around the pitch and ground out a 1-0 lead.
The second half got worse for Paul. I rapidly caused two more casualties (including the Mino getting the goblin, which he managed in both games!), secured the ball and scored (courtesy of a well placed throw back from the fans for the second game running vs Paul).
And then two more casualties, and the Orcs were down to six. In a last ditch effort Paul threw the ball deep, and it ended up in my endzone. And just to really rub it in, on turn 8 I drove from one end zone to the other to score. 3-0 victory, and my first ever win over Orcs.

So I ended up with a 4-1-1 record (2nd), 13 TD's (tied for first), and 19 casualties (2nd). Although it must be said this was helped by me not playing Ian!

Overall it was an enjoyable friendly tournament, with a shocking 25% of the team's being Norse. A good venue, and I'd challenge anyone to still be hungry after the amount of chilli on offer. I'd strongly recommend those who can make it to attend next year.

BaSe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by BaSe »

lol, John got a woden spoon.. nice one. I think the funiest thing with that is he actually won his ticket via an in-house match the previous week...
can't win em all!

http://www.beardedsnot.cjb.net/

The Bearded Snot website
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

First NAF Torni, Finished in top half, can't really complain!

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Id just like to say a big thankyou to all of you that came and that with the exception of a few male chicken-ups (Tony) the weekend went great. I spent 3 hours going over Tony's results for each round and can only say.....IM DOING THE SCORES NEXT YEAR!!!!! :evil:

Had a great time running the event even if i did hear the odd hushed chants of 'HIPPY'

Valen, did Jamie calm down in the car after sat night - :o girls! :o :o :o

Here are the results from the week end 'Big Time Tony' style....

Bearded’Snot Blood Bowl Results

Game 1

Ian Williams V’s Huan Quayle
(2-0)

Andy Horton V’s Doug Lowe
(2-2)

Geoff Thirlwell V’s Mike Thorp
(3-2)

Paul Stacy V’s Richard Would
(2-2)

Alasdair Harper V’s Jamie Hemming
(3-1)

Michael Ormesher V’s Alex Elliot
(4-3)

Steven Watson V’s John Heep
(2-0)

Gavin Sutton V’s Chris Hayes
(3-3)

Game 2

1. Alasdair Harper V’s Geoff Thirlwell
(3-1)

2. Michael Ormesher V’s Ian Williams
(1-2)

3. Chris Hayes V’s Steven Watson
(2-1)

4. Gavin Sutton V’s Alex Elliot
(2-1)

5. Andy Horton V’s Paul Stacy
(0-4)

6. Richard Would V’s Doug Lowe
(0-1)

7. Mike Thorp V’s Jamie Hemming
(3-3)

8. John Heep V’s Huan Quayle
(0-4)

Game 3

1. Ian Williams V’s Chris Hayes
(1-0)

2. Paul Stacy V’s Alasdair Harper
(1-1)

3. Gavin Sutton V’s Mike Thorp
(0-4)

4. Geoff Thirlwell V’s Michael Ormesher
(5-0)

5. Doug Lowe V’s Huan Quayle
(1-0)

6. Steven Watson V’s Alex Elliot
(0-2)

7. Jamie Hemming V’s Richard Would
(2-3)

8. Andy Horton V’s John Heep
(1-2)

Game 4

1. Ian Williams V’s Geoff Thirlwell
(2-0)

2. Mike Thorp V’s Alasdair Harper
(1-3)

3. Chris Hayes V’s Paul Stacy
(2-0)

4. Doug Lowe V’s Gavin Sutton
(2-0)

5. Alex Elliot V’s Richard Would
(2-3)

6. Jamie Hemming V’s Steven Watson
(1-2)

7. Huan Quayle V’s Andy Horton
(2-1)

8. Michael Ormesher V’s John Heep
(2-1)

Game 5

1. Ian Williams V’s Alasdair Harper
(2-1)

2. Chris Hayes V’s Richard Would
(0-2)

3. Geoff Thirlwell V’s Doug Lowe
(2-0)

4. Mike Thorp V’s Alex Elliot
(2-1)

5. Huan Quayle V’s Steven Watson
(1-1)

6. Paul Stacy V’s Michael Ormesher
(1-1)

7. Andy Horton V’s Gavin Sutton
(1-3)

8. Jamie Hemming V’s John Heep
(5-0)

Game 6 – Final

1. Ian Williams V’s Alasdair Harper
(2-1)

2. Richard Would V’s Paul Stacy
(3-0)

3. Doug Lowe V’s Chris Hayes
(1-2)

4. Geoff Thirlwell V’s Mike Thorp
(2-0)

5. Jamie Hemming V’s Alex Elliot
(1-4)

6. Steven Watson V’s Gavin Sutton
(1-3)

7. Huan Quayle V’s Michael Ormesher
(0-3)

8. John Heep V’s Andy Horton
(3-1)

Final Ranking lists

1. Ian Williams
2. Richard Would
3. Geoff Thirlwell
4. Michael Ormesher
5. Alasdair Harper
6. Chris Hayes
7. Doug Lowe
8. Gavin Sutton
9. Paul Stacy
10. Alex Elliot
11. Michael Thorp
12. Steven Watson
13. Hiuen Quayle
14. Jamie Hemming
15. John Heep
16. Andy Horton
Bearded’Snot Champion
Ian Williams – Mordor United

Bearded’Snot Runner up
Alasdair Harper – Tempus Few Gits

Bearded’Snot Most Violent Team
Ian Williams – Mordor United (24 Casualties)

Bearded’Snot Best Scoring Team
Richard Would – Vynheim Volcanoes (13 TD’s)
&
Geoff Thirlwell – Von Erichs (13 TD’s)

Bearded’Snot Last Place
(A winner in his own right)
Andy Horton – Andy Horton

Bearded’Snot Silver Spoon Award
(For spending every game on the bottom table)
John Heep – Rabid Wolves

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Shane,

Jamie is still on a high from the women, and did you get my e-mail of the picture of your confession on Saturday old 2"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

No, i havent got an E-mail from you yet.

......2"...... :roll: ......i dont know what your on about?

Il send you a copy of both sets of results if you want them still? And can you send me the rules for the different race fields you were on about.

Tell Jamie il send him some of Tony's old 'mags' if he wants....Male or Female :wink:

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

I thought there were 18 people the first day, but seems there are only 16 in the results?! Did I miss something. I'll send my memoirs of 'the snot' in soonish.
Thanks to Shane and Tony for the weekend, went surprisingly smoothly, shame I never made it out for the beers - could have fed more of it to those ECBBL boys.... :puke: ...
Thanks to everyone, enjoyed all my games (although I've burned some dice since then) look fwd to doing it all again; and of course congrats to Ian.

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

You didnt miss anything Slinky, 2 people rang me on the morning to say that they couldnt make it. There were only 16 on both days.
I must say that i was disapointed, i was wanting to take part in it myself but we had an even number of people. If i had then the results would have been different :?:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Congrat Shaniepoo for your tourny!
it seems is was fun for all the players!

Congrats to ECBBL boys band...they got all the podium!

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/