PBEM Tournament

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

oh right, never thought of phoning, call me stupid I would have thought they would have put them on the site, but then this is games workshop we are talking about

Reason: ''
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

So maybe we should set up OUT. Official Unofficial Tournaments...

;)

When is the Chaos Cup... not that I could EVER have something even close to organized by then...

Maybe we should shoot for September... we should be able to hash something out by then... right?

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

The trophies are on the uk website.

Very nice tchatter - you should work for rough guide or something.

Remind me again is dark lord in the US or circling Endor?

Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

I can do HTML but nothing fancy...that;s pretty much how it is with me and every language...'cept. English.

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Just to back up the "The UK is not full of BB wherever you look" comments...

I live in the second largest city in the country. During the four years I have lived here, I have only ever seen the BB box and the annual in stock in the local GW shop. It did run a league briefly for a while, but isn't at the moment. (I was busy on the night it ran anyway, but there ya go...)

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
BlanchPrez
Legend
Legend

Post by BlanchPrez »

Asperon Thorn wrote:Tourneys, on the west coast at least, would just be ridiculous. When I complain about not having any, someone could say "There was just one in California in San Diego." But that is completely unreasable to travel 800 miles (for me) one way on a regular weekend. Distance alone, in the United States really puts a damper on organized enthusiast hobby's.
I agree, Thorn, that making someone travel 800 miles just to play in a tourny is ridiculous. That's what I decided to hold it during the Comic Con. I figured, thousands people are going to be coming to San Diego from all over the world, there has to be AT LEAST 10 I can snag to do a BB tourney. Sure, 10 might not seem like a lot, but it's my first tourney. If I can get it going, and people have fun, word of mouth might get me more people next year, and maybe I can grow this tourney into something that WILL draw people from all over. I don't expect it to ever reach the 200+ people of the bigger tourneys, but one day I'd like to say that I had 50 people show up at my tourney here in San Diego. :)

Chris

At times like these I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "... I drank what?"
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

First of all, I can assure you all that our Toronto tournament is not full of smelly gamers. Our breed of geek practices an above average level of hygeine ;)

Thank god the BB was in a big a room as it was...

Anyways...!

Someone mentioned something about a NAF mission statement, we are just about done drafting a formal charter which will include a mission statement, althought the quote DW pulled from the NAF site is pretty close.

I think that in reality, there aren't really that many more tournaments going on in Europe than over here. As some people have pointed out, just because a tourney is in North America doesn't mean that we can travel there easily. In Europe there have been tournaments in many different countries, and I think people are getting the impression that some people are going to a ton of events because they are blessed with numerous events. I think the fact of the matter is that there are a group of high profile people willing to travelmaking it seem that way.

The only way some people are going to be able to go to NAF events is to get off their duff and do one themselves. It doesn't have to be for 20 people. Advertise, get as many people as you can out and grow from there. The Orion Cup started out its long string of apparently smelly events with only a handful of people, with no one from out of town. Now we attract maloderous gamers from as far away as Ohio and Quebec.

The NAF wants you to get more out of your $10 than just a nice membership card and cool blocking dice. We are here to help you organize tournaments whether they are in Hicksville, Iowa or New York city. The fact that GW is hard to get in someplaces shouldn;t stop you. In fact, if you can gain more interest in your area maybe your local retailers may rethink things a bit!

I have an idea for small tournaments: gather as many of your BB buddies as you can and as many teams of minis as you can. Don't worry if they aren't painted yet, just get your hands on as many teams as possible. Make balanced rosters for each. Now you have a number of teams available for gamers to use and a max number of players that can attend. Let's say you rounded up 8 teams, advertise those 8 spots and have a tournament! As long as it's open and advertised to everyone you can have your NAF seal of approval. See if you can hold the tournament in a local gaming store or somewhere where you can get a bit of traffic. Suddenly you'll have a few people who want to play in the next one. Next one you hold will have more people etc. etc. etc.

NAF tournaments don't have to be grand affairs with lavish prizes and scores of people. Get out there and start holding events and things will get better!

And finally...

I hope that a TBB online tourney becomes a reality! Don't worry if it's not sanctioned by the NAF fro now. That is an issue we will have to explore in the future.

Apparently I need a shower, that's it for now.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Dark Lord (retired)

Well, I'm doing what I can.

But the all of the "local game shop" stuff is pointless here. The closest one. (In Illinois) is has stopped carrying anything other than WHFB and WH40K. And even that is shrinking. They mostly play Hero Clix and their back room is not available to you unless you are playing a game they sell. That means no Blood Bowl.
They are pricks, they took over the shop from an old couple that ran it (in Iowa) for years and years. They moved it to Illinois, ran the local Con into the ground and now sit around and play Hero Clix and WH40K. They are a father and son team that are clones of Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons.

Anyway, I'm trying to put something together. We'll see how the poll turns out.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

That totally sucks. Bad business practice IMO.

Are there any gaming clubs, comic book stores etc. you can advertise with?

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Dark Lord (retired)

Actually no. It's really sad. There are a few comic book stores (I have' thought of advertising there) but most of the time a game store opens and folds a year or so after. The main gaiming community around here shops at that one store and has for years. I think because it used to be such a nice place for like 20 years and now they just do out of habit. The gaming community is really going down hill in this area.
It's a shame...but I'm not beat yet.