Is this tournament idea crazy? Or would it be fun?

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I saw something similar published some years ago for MTG. The idea was to make the worst deck you possibly could (within certain limitations, i.e. it had to be playable) then you pooled all the decks and played with a random deck (other than your own). Sounded like a lot of fun.

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

ianwilliams wrote:
Zombie wrote:You're getting close. The worst possible team would have to be 11 zombies (too slow to even get to the ball, let alone pick it up) with 100 niggling injuries each, -2 on all stats and 30 SPPs each (all having gained +1ST, lost through an injury, and shadowing, which is great with 2 MA!), 1 FF. No rerolls, cheerleaders or money for freebooting.
Ah, but then when we met in the final my team would beat yours because you couldn't swap.

Really its an exercise to create the worst TR100 team that can beat all other "worst TR100 teams".
Actually, it would be an exercise to create the best possible 100 TR team. If someone comes along with a 300 TR team, you swap, otherwise you keep your team.

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

yet bad enough to certainly lose against the higher-TR teams.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

No, doesn't have to. Since you're the one with the lower TR, you're in control of whether or not you want to switch. If your team is better, keep it, and if the other guy shows up with a 300 TR team, just switch.

But since most people would show up with a 100 TR team, the most important thing is to have the best possible 100 TR team.