National Wargaming Championships 14th-17th August 2003

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

Just me and noodle then?

Reason: ''
noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Any chance of a competitor list?

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

As far I am aware the competitiors are:
Rwould
Noodle
Noodle Snr
Myself
huan.quayle
Chris H? (ecbbl)
and someone else I don't know.

That's not official, just what i've picked up from various conversations.
Still haven't decided on a team, tried, tested and mediocre orcs, or try out the skaven for the first time, provided I can paint them in time...which isn't too likely. Bit fragile those rats though after playing with av9

rwould

Post by rwould »

There are now eight in total, those that Paul has listed, an extra one who (afaik) is not a TBB'er, and JJB, another ECBBL'er.

Eight makes it much easier for me than seven : :D

From what I know a reasonable mix of teams too, with (I think) only one team appearing twice.

And pretty much a prize for every player!

I have all the boards we need, so there is no need for people to bring boards. Just teams. And beer money.

Look forward to seeing all there.

Richard

PS For those not attending, the Saturday and Sunday also has a large trade show including a bring and buy, so come to the show and say hello to us all if near!

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

rwould wrote:There are now eight in total, those that Paul has listed, an extra one who (afaik) is not a TBB'er, and JJB, another ECBBL'er.
Oh good, another blackshirt... :roll:

A prize for everyone? I hope you're going to varnish my spoon then. :-?

Currently trying to speed paint the skaven - otherwise it's back to orcs and the traditional 1-1 draws.

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

I'm sorry to have to do this, but it looks increasingly unlikely that either myself or my Dad will be able to make it this weekend. Unfortunately my Dad has somehow managed to get a trapped nerve in his leg and can barely walk. The doctors keep saying it will go away but... :roll:

In which case I will also be unable to attend because a) I was relying on his car and b) I will probably be needed to help out at his home this weekend....

We can only hope for a miraculous recovery today or tomorrow. I will try to contact the tournament organiser personally, through mail or phone.

I know this leaves you with only 6 in the tournament, which is kinda sucky, but I guess its just "one of those things"

I was looking forward to it too :cry:

Hopefully my Dad will have recovered by September for CamCarnage. Its the price of being 67 I suppose!

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

If he asks nicely he can sit down during his games...

Try your best to be there - 8 will be so much better. :(

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

We will! But At the moment he is still in hospital.... :o So I'm not hopeful!

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

Bummer...

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Definitely not going now. Dad's out of hospital but is basically imobile. I will be helping him out this weekend...

Hope he gets better before CamCarnage!

:roll:

All the best in the tournament - I think there is still enough of you...

http://www.geocities.com/noodle1978uk
NAF Member #2351
Chris
Legend
Legend

Summery of event

Post by Chris »

Richard will do a write up with pictures, but until then -

1st - Undead - Me, winning a LotR Goblin bust, computer game called Blitzkrieg, T-shirt and some book which Richard gets to read.
2nd - Undead - Justin, winning a goblin bust and computer game. Plus a yellow jersey for being the Saturday night leader.
3rd - Skaven - Paul (lad that was at the Lancaster tourney), winning a goblin bust and computer game.
4th - Chaos Dwarves - Kev, winning a Griff and Varg doubles Star Player set.
5th - Norse - Euen (lad that was at the Lancaster tourney), winning a Dwarf secret weapon player.
6th - Wood Elves - Richard, winning a dwarf secret weapon player, and The Wooden Spoon.
Most TD's - Skaven - Paul, getting a silver trophey.
Most Cas's - Undead - me, getting a silver trophey.
Best Blood Bowl Umpire - awarded by the Blood Bowl umpire before the competition started and painted up for it- Richard :)

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

And I've just realised that cutting and pasting that from the ecbbl forum will just baffle most of you.
Ecbbl coaches.
Chris (me), Justin, Richard, and my brain has just given in, so you'll jave to wait for richards write up to make sense of it all.

JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

It looks like the ECBBL grabbed most of the trophies again...
:roll:

The first and second prizes, the most casualties caused, and the wooden spoon... :wink:

That's a pity that's more people have not been able to come - sorry about your dad Noodle... - because there was a very relaxed atmosphere at that 'convention', since it was not just a tourney but also a good occasion to have a look at the world of wargaming in general, as well as try a lot of new and experimental board games (whose makers were trying to sell more or less successfully... :) ).

Unless I have holidays planned or I have to take exams for my master's next year, I should be there next year.

JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

...and for those who want to know where the ECBBL forum is, check out:
http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/forum/index.php

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

I'm glad you had a fun weekend. I had to mow lawns, make tea etc. My Dad's on the mend, sort of, now so should be ready for Cambridge - at least he's already shown me his "idea" for an orc team...

no linemen and 3 goblins indeed :roll: